• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 8th October 2014 
    Thanks

Starting Melanotan, Few Questions

Hi there, I'm a skin type II so have naturally very fair skin however i have olive skin genetics and can go quite dark but it just does not show as I do not go out into the sun alot and i'm never at the beach alot. (partial reason is self conscious of my paleness). I am interested in starting a cycle of melanotan II however I have never injected peptides or any form of steroids etc before so a bit worried about that intially but I have researched on how to do the injections. My intial worry is the side effect of darkening of freckles / moles. I have a small-moderate amount of freckles on each arm at the top around my shoulder, but these are extremely faded and that seems to be the only area on my body that i have freckles apart from a few around my knuckles on my right hand. I'm just worried that if I use melanotan it will bring out alot of freckles that have now completley faded as If i remember correctly i had quite a few freckles (on my nose) back from when i was a little kid and out in the sun alot but they have now completely faded / gone.

Also am a bit concerned about the erection side effects, could think of nothing worse than being at the gym or at work and having a raging 6 hour erection that wont go away, for anyone who has experienced this does it happen whilst you are ALWAYS on melanotan even at a maintenance dose or is it only when you only intially start using it?. I have an event and holiday in a months time I would like to be dark for but if using melanotan means I will have some random moles brought out or raging erections at random inconvenient times within the next month or so then I will steer clear,

Also what dosage etc should I start off with ED and if using a sunbed how often should i use it per week to get darkened?.
    If someone could let me know of their experience with this stuff that would be great,
    Thankyou
  2. #2 8th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Starting Melanotan, Few Questions

I've not had any issues with freckles, had one or two go dark but not the whole lot.
    As to the erections, it normally happens the day and the day after injection. I wouldn't say they're 6 hours and raging. I believe a dose of around 250mcg will reduce this to non existent.

As to dosing, I'd recommend about 500mcg E2D slowing to E3D after a week or two as you're bearing your colour.

Tom
  3. #3 9th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Starting Melanotan, Few Questions

Perhaps Melanotan 1 (Afamelanotide) would alleviate your concerns? While both melanotans have the rapid tanning as an effect, mt-1 is significantly more user-friendly (shorter acting, less potent & no libido increase)...down side can be the cost and the patience required for results.