• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 27th September 2014 
    Thanks

a few QUICK questions about melanotan

Hello, I've recently learned about MT2, and have become quite interested, although I have a few questions first.

1. After mixing sterile water with MT2, how long does the mixes solution last if refrigerated?

2. I tan pretty easily, although I have a good amount of small moles on my chest that I have a feeling will get larger through a loading phase. If I avoid a loading phase, and just ease into a weekly MT2 injection, would that decrease the risk of darkening moles, correct?

3. How much UV exposure is necessary during the weekly injections? Once I reach a perfect tan, do I need to continue to tan AND inject?

I'm not too worried about the moles, because I know that they can usually be removed with ACV which I happen to already own.
  2. #2 27th September 2014 
    Thanks

Re: a few QUICK questions about melanotan

"
    Hello, I've recently learned about MT2, and have become quite interested, although I have a few questions first.

1. After mixing sterile water with MT2, how long does the mixes solution last if refrigerated?

2. I tan pretty easily, although I have a good amount of small moles on my chest that I have a feeling will get larger through a loading phase. If I avoid a loading phase, and just ease into a weekly MT2 injection, would that decrease the risk of darkening moles, correct?

3. How much UV exposure is necessary during the weekly injections? Once I reach a perfect tan, do I need to continue to tan AND inject?

I'm not too worried about the moles, because I know that they can usually be removed with ACV which I happen to already own.
    "

OK, here's my response]1. If you mix MT with bacteriostatic water it should last well over a month in the refrigerator, probably longer. I usually mix a vial and fill all my syringes at the same time since I already know the dose I need. Since I use .333 mg (333 micrograms) that means I fill 30 syringes at a time. I usually put 10 in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. When I use the last one in the fridge I put another ten in from the freezer.

People have said that MT can be mixed with bacteriostatic water and left un-refrigerated for up to a month or more. When I went to Hawaii this year I didn't refrigerate my syringes the whole time I was there (nine days). For me, it's just as easy to refrigerate them while at home, but others who share a fridge and would like to be discreet can probably just not worry about it.

2. I had some small moles that I knew about that got darker but not bigger. It's most likely an individual thing, so you'll just have to try it and see. Since you already tan easily you might be able to just use low doses, which might reduce the problem with moles. My wife has used MT1, and she's a Type 4. When on vacation she has used a milligram a day, got super dark and had no changes in moles or other pigmentation changes.

I don't think you have to have a certain amount of MT in your system before you start getting UV, and I don't really think that it will change what happens with moles. I'm sure others will differ. Some believe that using MT1 instead of MT2 has a positive effect on moles. I would like to hear from anyone who one year loaded before UV or used MT1 then in another year didn't load or used MT2. That would be the only way to really know since everybody is different.

3. This really depends on the individual. Some Type 1's have to use higher doses and get more UV exposure to get the color they desire. I'm a low Type 2 and started out on MT originally and used 1-2 mg a day, got natural UV twice a week and got too dark. I later switched to MT2, got very little sun on my back and chest during the winter and was able to keep a decent tan. Given that you tan easily you will probably be able to stay darker when out of the sun, but you'll still have to use some MT. My maintenance dose was somewhere around .33 mg three times a week during the winter. To keep a deep dark tan you will need to both inject and get some UV.

BTW, what's ACV?

Hope this helps.
  3. #3 27th September 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply!

I would say I'm a type 3, as I tan easily and don't burn too often. Although it seems like my tans never last long. I was thinking over the winter I could tan once a week, and inject once a week.

I feel like 0.5-1mg weekly and 10 minutes of UV should be good, I'll have to see though.

ACV is apple cider vinegar. If you poke a raised mole with a pin and then apply ACV to it for 20 minutes, for three straight days, it usually scabs up and then falls off.
  4. #4 28th September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thanks for the reply!

I would say I'm a type 3, as I tan easily and don't burn too often. Although it seems like my tans never last long. I was thinking over the winter I could tan once a week, and inject once a week.

I feel like 0.5-1mg weekly and 10 minutes of UV should be good, I'll have to see though.

ACV is apple cider vinegar. If you poke a raised mole with a pin and then apply ACV to it for 20 minutes, for three straight days, it usually scabs up and then falls off.
    "

I will just note, MT2 when reconstituted with Bac will be usable for a year or more with little degradation of the peptide.

I normally do 1 - 1.5mg (in 500mcg doses) or so a week and use natural UV exposure (hardly sunny in Wales, UK). If it's especially dismal here, which it is regularly, a 6 or 9 minute bed session once a week is enough for me.

Tom