• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 6th September 2014 
    Thanks

PLEASE HELP How long does melanotan take to fade

Help needed. I took melanotan 2 and am really unhappy with my colour. It seems orange. I have true type 1 skin with freckles never had a tan before I loaded every day for about 5 weeks sometimes with 1mg sometimes 0.5mg and did sunbeds 2-3 times a week I was really happy with my colour by 12 sunbed sessions but then I went on vacation to Spain for a week sunbathed every day and I dramatically changed. I feel I'm very unnatural looking and orange. My hands in particular are very orange much darker than other peoples hands go while sunbathing and infact have grey bits in the joints. It's really affected my confidence I'm paranoid to go into work people asking me if it's fake etc I look ridiculous . iv stopped my injections for 2 weeks now and last sunbathing was 1 and a half weeks ago . I plan to not take it again let it all go out of my system and not sunbathe any further. How long for colour to fade? And can anyone who's let it fade explain the process ie stay strong then fade suddenly? Or fade gradually ? Why does tan last longer on melanotan than normal tan? Extremely worried as iv read a few people saying it NEVER faded at all??? Help
  2. #2 6th September 2014 
    Thanks

Re: PLEASE HELP How long does melanotan take to fade

I don 't think ive ever heard of it turning people orange. If u mean it made you unnaturally dark, like african dark, then yes that happens when you dose heavily. Regardless, you will return to normal in a month or so. Furthermore, it will fade gradually, this is a real tan thus it fades like one, it's not going to just up and vanish. Thirdly, when people say that it never fades, they mean their skin never went back to being as pale as it was before, however it certainly won't be anywhere near as dark while on MT 2. It's closer to an olive complexion.

Now then, you say you loaded for 5 weeks at 1mg a day? So you took over 3 10mg vials in a little more than a month? Is that a normal loading schedule for a skin type 1? It just seems... extreme. I mean as a skin type 2 a single vial last me most of the summer.
  3. #3 6th September 2014 
    Thanks

Hi thanks so much for reply. No didn't go African dark just an orangey colour when I used the sunbeds it was light golden but after vacation it turned orangey not brown. I really hope it fades it's been a week and a half since I got back and no more sunbathing and no fading yet. Anyone else got any experiences of bein on melanotan 2 and stopping? Did it fade and how long?
  4. #4 6th September 2014 
    Thanks

Yea i read that anyone using melanotan should load until you get desired color and skin type one needs to do longer loading phase as it's hard to get results or so I read. my skin wasn't changing much in sunbed or reaching "desired level"* and I didn't do any additional sunbathing as I'm in the UK not much sun so I just kept loading and then I went on holiday and it went far too much. I'm extremely worried and panicked over this all. Having visions of my skin never returning to normal. I fought this wud boost my confidence but instead it's wrecked it . I'm covering up as much as possible as I can't bare to look at myself never mind other people looking at me but u can't cover my face or hands .
  5. #5 7th September 2014 
    Thanks

its not uncommon that some have color problems* have heard of yellowish , orange tint and in the case of the guy next door he just looked like he was dirty not brown but kinda gray. as for the fade it might take a while like maby 3 to 6 months, you might try using a exfoliant cream to speed up the process .
  6. #6 7th September 2014 
    Thanks

"
    its not uncommon that some have color problems* have heard of yellowish , orange tint and in the case of the guy next door he just looked like he was dirty not brown but kinda gray. as for the fade it might take a while like maby 3 to 6 months, you might try using a exfoliant cream to speed up the process .
    "
    As for not returning to 'white' I'm a low end type 3 and got crazy
    dark several times and am glad that most of my body, esp legs
    have never returned to the stark white that they were. Even 8mos
    w/o anything other than riding bike with shorts my legs kinda look
    'latino' it's great.

ORANGE does not sound like mt2.
  7. #7 7th September 2014 
    Thanks

it is not the orange your thinking of it is more of a copper color, there are two types of melanin produced Pheomelanins produce red /yellow color* Eumelanins produce brown/black color if you produce more Phoemelanins* your skin could have more red/yellow color.
  8. #8 8th September 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Help needed. I took melanotan 2 and am really unhappy with my colour. It seems orange. I have true type 1 skin with freckles never had a tan before I loaded every day for about 5 weeks sometimes with 1mg sometimes 0.5mg and did sunbeds 2-3 times a week I was really happy with my colour by 12 sunbed sessions but then I went on vacation to Spain for a week sunbathed every day and I dramatically changed. I feel I'm very unnatural looking and orange. My hands in particular are very orange much darker than other peoples hands go while sunbathing and infact have grey bits in the joints. It's really affected my confidence I'm paranoid to go into work people asking me if it's fake etc I look ridiculous . iv stopped my injections for 2 weeks now and last sunbathing was 1 and a half weeks ago . I plan to not take it again let it all go out of my system and not sunbathe any further. How long for colour to fade? And can anyone who's let it fade explain the process ie stay strong then fade suddenly? Or fade gradually ? Why does tan last longer on melanotan than normal tan? Extremely worried as iv read a few people saying it NEVER faded at all??? Help
    "

I have read of people who will never be tanned in the natural sun after they have taken Melanotan and sunbed.

I would recommend that you continue Melanotan at a dose of 200-300mcg/ED and go to sunbed, but that you cover the areas of the skin that is darker. Use an stand-up sunbed without face lamp, and turn you all the time with uplifted arms.

Type-I like you and me will have no quick results. It will take 3 months to get an even color, only if you are exposed to UV.
  9. #9 29th June 2018 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiex0x View Post
    Hi there, can you confirm if your tan has faded since you stopped taking MT2?
    I too have gone a horrible colour and want it to fade as quickly as possible!
    Thanks