• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 27th August 2014 
    Thanks

Melanotan 2 and acne

What effect would there be on active pimples? (those with a whitehead or otherwise red bumps)\

regarding scars, I have red marks from old acne. These are not hyperpigmentations but rather post-inflammatory erythema. The blood vessel dilated to heal the skin after I (foolishly) popped some pimples and they have not contracted. The dilation persists but with a tan they are virtually invisible

I tanned all last summer the "natural" way. I put olive oil on my face and sat in the sun for 1-2 hours every day for the whole summer and it gave me a golden bronze tan which persisted well into september.

Will melanotan 2 give similar satisfactory results? or will it just darken the red stuff, despite it not being actual hyperpigmentation?
  2. #2 28th August 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan 2 and acne

In my case all pimples disappeared since I started putting mt2. It of course needs some UV-rays to be more effective. Now I have nothing on my face after 4 weeks of using.

Thinking to use mt2 now in fall just because it prevents pimples and keeps my face clear and fresh as fuark.
  3. #3 29th August 2014 
    Thanks

Pretty sure that's 100% the UV rays and not the MT2 that's helping your acne. Although MT2 does have some inflammatory action MC1 and MC5 both stimulate sebum production..
  4. #4 31st August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    In my case all pimples disappeared since I started putting mt2. It of course needs some UV-rays to be more effective. Now I have nothing on my face after 4 weeks of using.

Thinking to use mt2 now in fall just because it prevents pimples and keeps my face clear and fresh as fuark.
    "

So active pimples themselves wont darken? Because the red pimple bump which is inflamed. It theoretically should not darken yeah? It isn't comprised of melanocytes but rather dead skin, sebum, and a dilated blood vessel.
  5. #5 31st August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Pretty sure that's 100% the UV rays and not the MT2 that's helping your acne. Although MT2 does have some inflammatory action MC1 and MC5 both stimulate sebum production..
    "
    Good info, glad you mention it bdvince! I also said goodbye to a certain amount of body acne after therapy with melanotan peptides.

Best advice to RTT is to dose low and slow...taking advantage of the inflammatory properties while not overdoing it creating much oil production. Good luck!