• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 28th August 2014 
    Thanks

Traveling with Reconstituted Melanotan?

I will be traveling from New jersey to toronto with 2 vials of MT2 - one reconstitute and one raw powder. Flight will be one* hour but the time the vials will spend in my bags are around 4-5 hrs including security, travel to and from, picking up baggage, etc.

Will the integrity of the product be damaged?

Should I put the vials in my checked baggage?
  2. #2 28th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Traveling with Reconstituted MT-2

"
    Should I put the vials in my checked baggage?
    "
    Yes.
    "
    Will the integrity of the product be damaged?
    "
    No.
  3. #3 31st August 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Traveling with Reconstituted Melanotan?

But the fluid can not withstand being shaken, is it not better to fill a 1ml syringe and cut the pump off?
    The syringe can be used as a vial and filled without air, and therefore it can not be shaken.
  4. #4 31st August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    But the fluid can not withstand being shaken, is it not better to fill a 1ml syringe and cut the pump off?
    The syringe can be used as a vial and filled without air, and therefore it can not be shaken.
    "

It is not advisable to improperly handle the peptide...Melanotan 2 however is highly durable, shake it all you want...doubtful you'll compromise the product.
  5. #5 1st September 2014 
    Thanks

Agree with melanotan here MT1 and MT2 is a lot more resilient than most people think. I spent a month travelling around Australia in extremely high temperatures and my MT2 was still just as effective. Don't worry about it your vials will be fine
  6. #6 4th September 2014 
    Thanks

I am confused about the variety of tips for storing MT.
    My source recommend storage at 2-8 C.
    GenScript recommend freezing - see data sheet.
    How to keep the powder is best?

Can powder withstand being frozen and thawed several times?

Can syringes with reconstituted MT withstand being frozen and thawed several times?
  7. #7 5th September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Traveling Tips for Reconstituted Melanotan 2

Storage can be confusing as there are different medical supplies and skill levels with regards to researchers around the world. Of course a biotechnology company specializing in custom peptide synthesis will store and recommend storage in a freezer. Given that most of us are not companies concerned about long term storage, refrigeration is more than sufficient....

In America, when reconstituting melanotan 2 with bacteriostatic water...there is little wrong one can do. In extreme nanny-states or third world country where sterile water or sodium chloride (without preservative) is used to mix the product, quicker use and/or freezing syringes can alleviate concerns of bacteria growth/contamination.

Too many freeze/thaw cycles would fall into the category of inappropriate handling. I cannot tell you whether freeze/thawing 10 or 12 times will harm the peptide (freeze dried or mixed), try not to do more than once to follow best practices.