• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 23rd August 2014 
    Thanks

Going to get my gear soon. curious about storage and mixing

Hey guys, going to get my first batch soon, just curious as to how these are best stored?
    Ive heard some people preload them into syringes and freeze them, others just leave it in a vial in the fridge.

And when it comes to mixing the melanotan with the Bacteriostatic water or sodium chloride.. is it as simple as putting in a certain amount into the melanotan and stirring it? then its free for me to suck into a syringe and inject?

Type I aussie here, very excited to see some changes this summer!
  2. #2 23rd August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Going to get my gear soon. curious about storage and mixing

Storing the vial in the fridge will be gone, if you wish you can preload all of your doses and freeze them, it's up to you.

You use a syringe to pull water from the vial/ampoules then inject this into the melanotan vial. If you're doing large doses, use 1ml, if you're doing small doses use 2ml as it makes measuring small doses easier. You leave it to sit for a short period of time and then it's fine to use. If there is small amounts of residue in the vial you can try laying the vial on its side or gently swirling it.
  3. #3 24th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thankyou. I've never had experience with syringes or anything before is this something easy to learn?
    Any sort of videos online of people loading them up so I make sure im doing it correctly?
  4. #4 24th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its pretty easy, yes. You can look on youtube for "reconstitution of peptides" for some guides.

As for the loading part, just follow the guides up to the point prior to injection, put the cap back on and then repeat for all doses - then freeze.

If you let me know your needle size and dose I can let you know more details on the actual numbers to use.

Tom
  5. #5 24th August 2014 
    Thanks

Tom,

I'm in the same boat. I have 1cc 1/2 30g 100 unit syringes I'm going to put 2ml of bac water into 1 vial of 10mg M1. I want to inject 100mcg, where on the syringe is that located. Please be specific, a tick mark, hash line Ect.... Will not explain it for me.* Thx
  6. #6 24th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

2ml on that syringe will be 200 units (which means two full syringes).

If you look on the syringe there will be a long vertical line with small lines and then big lines coming off of it. At each of the big lines will be 0, 10, 20 through to 100. These are the units. One of the black lines (big or small) is referred to as a tick mark.

Generally on a 100 unit unit syringe the tick marks are 2 units each. 100mcg for you will be 2 units.
  7. #7 24th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thank you Tom
  8. #8 24th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I whipped that up in about 20 seconds so excuse it
  9. #9 25th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks Tom, my syringes actually have 100 tick marks. 4 smaller ones leading 1 darker thicker one leading to either 10, 20, 30 ect....
  10. #10 25th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Ive heard some people preload them into syringes and freeze them

And when it comes to mixing the melanotan with the Bacteriostatic water or sodium chloride.. is it as simple as putting in a certain amount into the melanotan and stirring it? then its free for me to suck into a syringe and inject?
    "

Quite simple is not it.

It may not lather when mixed, so mix slowly.

The syringes filled and must be frozen, it is best to also draw a little air with.

If you mix with Sodium Chloride and does not freeze the syringes immediately, or do not use the mixture within 8 days, or do not store the mixture in the fridge - then add 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol.
    There was a girl in Norway who died of blood poisoning two days after injection of Melanotan, so be careful with bacteria.
  11. #11 25th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thanks Tom, my syringes actually have 100 tick marks. 4 smaller ones leading 1 darker thicker one leading to either 10, 20, 30 ect....
    "

Do you mean like in the image? Because those only have 50 tick marks, each being 2 units. If you have 100 tick marks you will have 9 small ones then one thick one leading to 10, 20, 30 - or 4 small then one big leading to 5, 10, 15

Also melanotano, good point about the air, it allows room for the liquid to expand that way.

Generally Sodium Chloride, when used correctly can be viable for longer - it does mean keeping everything (mainly rubber stoppers and needles) sterile.

Regards
    Tom
  12. #12 25th August 2014 
    Thanks

My syringe has 100 tick marks on it. See photo
  13. #13 25th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah, ok! Which brand do you use? We BD needles, so that's what I was going off.
    You'll want to do 2 marks, then
  14. #14 25th August 2014 
    Thanks

Easy Touch.* To confirm, 100mcg will be on the 2nd tick mark ?
  15. #15 26th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yep, so long as you use 2ml/200 units to reconstitute it
  16. #16 28th August 2014 
    Thanks

Ok so is it not as simple as simply mixing the Bacteriostatic water or sodium chloride with the melanotan, leaving in the fridge and drawing from it with the needle, inject, put it back into the fridge and repeat the process?
  17. #17 28th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes! It depends on what you prefer to do. I would personally do it as you suggest - preloading syringes to me is an unnecessary step but some people prefer it.

If you use Sodium Chloride it is advised you freeze it if you wont use it up within ~14 days. This is because of bacteria growing inside of the vial will take around this long to reach harmful levels at 2-8C. If you freeze them (
  18. #18 28th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Yes! It depends on what you prefer to do. I would personally do it as you suggest - preloading syringes to me is an unnecessary step but some people prefer it.

Tom
    "

My preference is to load all of the syringes at a time. The vial will never be cleaner than when first opened, so loading all the syringes at one time might cut down on contamination. Secondly, it's a pain in the ass to go to the fridge every day, clean the top of the vial with an alcohol swab and measure out the correct dose. I draw them all up at once and store them in a zip lock bag in the fridge. I'm using .33 mg a day now, so I add 3 cc of bacteriostatic water to the vial and load all the syringes to 10 units. That gives me a month's worth in the fridge.

This works if you already know the dose you'll using. If you're first starting out and experimenting with different dosages, this obviously wouldn't work for you. In the end, as labpeptides.net says, it's up to preference.