• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 14th August 2014 
    Thanks

Continued .250mcg daily dosing?

Hi,

Apart from the obvious skin darkening effects of mt2 I also love how it darkens my facial hair. I've read on here that when going onto maintenance dosing that the facial hair starts to revert back to it's original colour.

Would it be possible to just dose .250mcg daily and maybe take a weeks break every couple of months? Has anybody experimented with this?
  2. #2 14th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Continued .250mcg daily dosing?

Although not speaking from experience, there is quite a bit of information on the topic.

Hair darkening varies for many, from between 100mcg up to about 1000mcg daily for consistent results.

What truly matters is finding the correct dosage for you personally.
    It could be possible for you to work up from 100mcg until you find a level you are happy with, of course you may notice slight lightening until you reach that point.

Another thing to consider is that increasing the daily dosage can drastically modify your skin tone, and you'll have to find a balance of the two.
    You may be interested in some of the topical solutions being discussed in the forum at the moment. Although in the early stages there are some promising looking products.

Tom
  3. #3 14th August 2014 
    Thanks

We had a client from the Ukraine experience the coloration of her naturally red hair this Spring, in response to her concern we suggested that in most cases hair color returned to normal after discontinued usage.

We actually carry a topical solution which uses a trans-dermal mechanism to deliver the melanotan through the dermis.
  4. #4 15th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys!

Would the topical solution not change the pigment of my skin just in the area's I applied it too? I do shave my facial hair every second day so it would be very hard just to apply it to the hair only and not the skin. I just like the darkness of the stubble it gives me.

I may try dosing .100mcg over the next couple of weeks to see what kind of results I have with that.

5. #5 15th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It depends on the solution. At current there aren't any (proven) working topical formulations.

There's two different options;
    1) The topical solution passes into the body and is absorbed, this can then spread around the body like MT normally does.
    2) The solution penetrates the skin causing localised darkening (as with Melitane & forskolin).

At current there are a few leads but nothing too promising. If you don't mind slowish results, Djen is doing an experiment on here with Melitane but it a appears the formulation can be improved upon.
    So far the topical MT solutions are snake oil. These wouldn't give you the effect you're looking for as it's the same as injecting.

I've not heard any proper studies on a local MT topical, but may have missed it.

Tom
  6. #6 15th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for that Tom! I think I'll just try and figure out the lowest daily dose I can take to maintain my colour and keep my stubble dark for the time being!*