• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 6th August 2014 
    Thanks

No tanning of scars?

I has a 7 year old big scar, which has no tan. What are my options for getting this skin same color as the surrounding?
    I'm 65 days and 35mg in, and pinning 500mcg/ED and take sun ED up to 8 hours or sunbed 15 minute. I'm really hard to tan and think I'm type 1. My body is light tan, but my face is not.
    I'm thinking go up to 1000mcg ED?
  2. #2 7th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: No tanning of scars?

"
    I has a 7 year old big scar, which has no tan. What are my options for getting this skin same color as the surrounding?
    I'm 65 days and 35mg in, and pinning 500mcg/ED and take sun ED up to 8 hours or sunbed 15 minute. I'm really hard to tan and think I'm type 1. My body is light tan, but my face is not.
    I'm thinking go up to 1000mcg ED?
    "

Scar tissue varies, generally the larger they are the less likely they will blend in, unfortunately. As it is quite old there's also less worry about exposure.
    There are lotions such as Bio-oil that can help.

It was be worth doing a few build up injections of say, 600mcg, 800mcg then 1000mcg. This way you can determine what your body is OK with, and gradually increasing the dose generally helps people desensitize.
    If you're type 1; remember to use SPF15-30, depending on your preference, remembering to cover the scar, too. Get as much UV exposure as you can, but don't burn.

Tom
  3. #3 8th August 2014 
    Thanks

The solution that seems the most plausible to me that I have personal experience with is dermarolling. If it is not a hypertrophic scar people have had great success wounding the scar and stimulating it to produce new melanocytes.

I would try atleast 1.5mm or maybe 2mm.
  4. #4 8th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    If it is not a hypertrophic scar people have had great success wounding the scar and stimulating it to produce new melanocytes.
    "

I would watch out for wounding the scar if you are fully loaded on Melanotan, I have gotten scraps and cuts while loaded and the scar turned purple instead of white.

I would try the dermaroller first.
  5. #5 8th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    If it is not a hypertrophic scar people have had great success wounding the scar and stimulating it to produce new melanocytes.
    "

I would watch out for wounding the scar if you are fully loaded on Melanotan, I have gotten scraps and cuts while loaded and the scar turned purple instead of white.

I would try the dermaroller first.
    "
    Yes true if possible the dermarolling should be done prior to mt2 use. Although I have dermarolled while on mt2 and noticed no ill effects or discoloration. Be caredul that you're rolling the needles in and out of your skin and not physically dragging them across your skin. People get "trackmarks" sometimes by rolling back and forth very fast in the same area.
  6. #6 8th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Scar tissue varies, generally the larger they are the less likely they will blend in, unfortunately. As it is quite old there's also less worry about exposure.
    "

Thanks.
    My scar is a half Square Inch and is light red with absolute no tan. Scar becomes redder in the sun.

I have preloaded all my syringes with 500mcg, and think I will pin 500mcg before my beach trip and again 500mcg efter.

Why must I cover the scar?

7. #7 8th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    The solution that seems the most plausible to me that I have personal experience with is dermarolling. If it is not a hypertrophic scar people have had great success wounding the scar and stimulating it to produce new melanocytes.

I would try atleast 1.5mm or maybe 2mm.
    "

I don't think it is a hypertrophic scar. It came from a virus infection.
    Maybe I will try dermarolling, but I think it will be very very very painful this place* ;D
  8. #8 9th August 2014 
    Thanks

you might try getting some Dr. Sheffield's scar gel .