• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 26th July 2014 
    Thanks

Topical Alternatives

I think this is definitely the future of tanning and sun protection, after MT and the promising Forskolin trials an a-MSH agonist that can be applied topically seems possible and less risky than sub q injections

This has recently been published as well, and I know of a few other respected scientists working on similiar studies

http://www.cancertherapyadvisor.com/skin-tanning-topical-cream-may-prevent-melanoma/article/361564/
  2. #2 28th July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Topical Alternatives

good, if anyone with connections could get in touch with these researchers, would be a great thing.
  3. #3 29th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    good, if anyone with connections could get in touch with these researchers, would be a great thing.
    "

lol I think we'll have to be patient, no reputable researcher is going to encourage unsupervised experimentation it could potentially ruin their reputation as well as put people in danger. This line of research does look promising though
  4. #4 29th July 2014 
    Thanks

The forskolin success was published eight yrs ago, so we've been more than patient enough. One of the researchers assured me it works on humans and a pro experimented in a lab with success. The thing is: getting access to the right formula. Someone with good knowledge of it could be help. In the end lots of people know how it works but they don't want to lose their reputation, no doctor will say: use melanotan, it's great.
  5. #5 30th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    The forskolin success was published eight yrs ago, so we've been more than patient enough. One of the researchers assured me it works on humans and a pro experimented in a lab with success. The thing is]"

lol I know forskolin is promising but as others have stated, there are complications in using it ie cost and possibly delivery through the skin. I'm skeptical about your researchers confirmation, I'm sure it would work if it could be delivered through the skin but I have my doubts that it could be delivered topically for the process of tanning to begin.

The new smaller analogs such as the one I listed above are going to be problematic for several reasons. Firstly patents take ages, and no researcher is going to give away the formula before they have secured a patent. Secondly we have no idea the side effects etc before it is trialled on humans and I for one wouldn't be the guinea pig.
  6. #6 30th July 2014 
    Thanks

You're being very negative now. More like: let's wait until something comes out, well just like with melanotan we can wait forever, but that doesn't mean people found out how it works and could be delivered to make it work.
    I'm not talking about top researched jeopardizing their reputation for this, just some knowledgable people.
    I definitely want to trial it, it's most likely not lethal or very dangerous. If no one does it, nothing will change and I do think the forum is about changing things.
  7. #7 31st July 2014 
    Thanks

Lol I'm just stating my opinion, I don't find it negative, as I don't feel a particular rush to find a topical and would rather wait for something safe and tested. In my opinion well have something probably in the next 3 to 6 years but could be sooner or even a lot longer
  8. #8 31st July 2014 
    Thanks

we're not going to achieve anything by guessing and hoping. For some people 3 to 6 years is a long time. Most of us have been "waiting" a long time and this issue has a big impact on the quality of their lives.
    It's just about experimenting scientifically, adjusting things,....
    In the end we don't know about the real long time effects of M2 either but it doesn't stop a lot of people to use it just because it improves the quality of their lives.
  9. #9 31st July 2014 
    Thanks

I understand what you are saying, I just don't think these particular analogs will be available to the public for a couple of years. If people are already having good results with mt2 it shouldn't be a big deal waiting a couple of years for a topical alternative. That said if someone does find out the formula, manage to get hold of it and is willing to test it on there selves we'd all be interested in the results, personally I'm not holding my breath though
  10. #10 1st August 2014 
    Thanks

instead of coming up with timelines, it's always better to work towards a solution asap. Many people are not tempted by using injections for several reasons.
  11. #11 2nd August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The main problem is that developments like this cost a considerable amount of money, if someone spends that time and money to develop a truly effective product, chances are they will want to protect themselves.

Another problem is that most of the forum users are not chemists or in a position to aid in such a development and thus its not that useful requesting help here.

Most products go through years of development, optimization and testing and millions of £/$ before reaching the market. Most companies will have confidentiality agreements and it's unlikely that anyone is going to undermine that and leak a formula worth millions of pounds.
  12. #12 2nd August 2014 
    Thanks

I don't like problems, I like solutions. If we think in problems, problems will always remain problems and no solution will be found.

We have a few proven melanin agonists, we might not all be the chemists or developpers, but we all have friends, family, connections,.....It's not always about having the secret formula but about being scientific.
    Injectable melanotan is also something you can buy without having gone through years and years of testing, getting FDA approved and hitting the market. At one point people took the plunge.

I do understand that for whatever reason people will swear by the injections, but some other might want to work towards a solution.
  13. #13 2nd August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I don't like problems, I like solutions. If we think in problems, problems will always remain problems and no solution will be found.

We have a few proven melanin agonists, we might not all be the chemists or developpers, but we all have friends, family, connections,.....It's not always about having the secret formula but about being scientific.
    Injectable melanotan is also something you can buy without having gone through years and years of testing, getting FDA approved and hitting the market. At one point people took the plunge.

I do understand that for whatever reason people will swear by the injections, but some other might want to work towards a solution.
    "

You need to think of the problems before you can form the solution, though.

Its not as simple as just trying a couple things out and seeing if it works, there are several things to overcome, such as skin penetration (mice have thinner skin, and that's why they reacted pretty well to it).

Another issue is the cost. Forskolin 10% is simply not up to the job, and if you're aiming at Forskolin 98% the costs are extreme. Enough to cover the body/hair builds up quickly, let alone multiple applications. To reduce the cost substantially you'll have to order large quantity, but then you're talking much more capital than most individuals have.

How most unapproved peptides have become available to the public is irrelevant.
    Admittedly even before something is tested, people will want it, but that has to be developed first.

Tom

14. #14 2nd August 2014 
    Thanks

I thought the 98 percent was like 2400 dollars/ kg. 10 is probably too low, but maybe something lower than 98 is already okay.
    The question is how much of it you need and would someone want to use it daily for their whole body or just a smaller part.
    When it comes to penetration liposomes seem to be a promising option.

Between my last post and this one I have been pulling eyebrows. I have thick yellow eyebrows and the root has always been yellow except when I was on melanotan. I haven't been taking melanotan in months and started with melitane seven weeks ago. I should make some adjustments the seller said]I have noticed that about one third of the eyebrow hairs I pulled were auburn, they had a colored root. I've pulled a few lashes and didn't notice anything there yet, didn't want to pull more for obvious reasons.
    I haven't been using the best penetration, option, ..... and adjustments should be made, but it turns out that things are changing. If I'd combine it with M2 it might be even better than using them seperately. It's a start and a reason to know that alternative routes are possible.
  15. #15 2nd August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

From the enquiries I've done it seems that they are 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% and 98%, other suppliers may do something in between, but I'd imagine sticking to the standards would be best in terms of price.
    The main reason people I've spoken to about this want it would be for natural hair colouring, so it may not be too bad if just applying to localised areas.

I've not looked into melitane, but pH strips are very cheap, you can even pick up a digital meter if you need to measure it regularly or need to adjust it.

A combination could go either way. Hopefully it will stack with each other and provide a better result!

Tom
  16. #16 2nd August 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks, Tom. The main reason for looking into alternatives is hair darkening. Some lightening of a tanned skin isn't something that makes you look weird, but when your natural hair color is red with yellow lashes and eyebrows, it feels better to have a topical alternative you don't have to apply from head to toe. Just the areas you want to have darker. The melitane seller told me I should wait at least 2-3 months to see the first results. I have some eyebrow hairs darkening up now after seven weeks. On melanotan I had results after less than 3 weeks. So maybe some melanin agonists take longer.
    You find many online testings like]I'm going to buy the PH strips next week. Been using 5 pct melitane, 5 pct DMI and 90 pct of water. I don't know if the forskolin would work using the same penetrator, but that's definitely something we can look into over here.

There's an ebay seller selling the melitane, it's named acetyl hexapeptide and it's a person from Greece.
  17. #17 3rd August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    The melitane seller told me I should wait at least 2-3 months to see the first results.

I'm going to buy the PH strips next week. Been using 5 pct melitane, 5 pct DMI and 90 pct of water. I don't know if the forskolin would work using the same penetrator, but that's definitely something we can look into over here.

There's an ebay seller selling the melitane, it's named acetyl hexapeptide and it's a person from Greece.
    "

I can't seem to find it, may be my search settings. How much would you have invested once you hit the 3m mark?
    Is it just normal tap water you use or distilled/RO/sodium chloride?

We've got a small order of Forskolin 98% coming in soon and would interested in giving it a little test.

Tom
  18. #18 3rd August 2014 
    Thanks

the melitane was very cheap, never purchased really expensive stuff. I just want to know things work and have a healthy lifestyle. On life extension forums you see people swallowing thirty supplements a day not knowing if it's something extra.

I had used distilled water I bought at a local shop. Once mixed, I noticed a label: don't use it for medical purposes. Don't know if it would make a difference. Good luck on your 98 percent forskolin. The question is indeed: how much of it do you need of how long could it last?
  19. #19 3rd August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its odd that it says that, I can't imagine there is any issue with using it.

Hopefully we'll find out when it gets here!
  20. #20 4th August 2014 
    Thanks

Fwiw forskolin won't the topical alternative to take off IMO.

The new smaller analogs specifically designed to be small enough to penetrate human skin will be the most efficacious, in all likelihood.