• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Topical MT2

1. #1 15th July 2014 
    Thanks

Topical MT2

I have two questions:

1. Has anyone tried a topical MT2 formulation? If so, can you provide details?

2. Is anyone familiar with the following study and does anyone have the results of this study? See below

Topical trial of EPT1647 begins in London
    Epitan (AUSTRALIA)October 19, 2005Melbourne, Australia

Epitan Limited (ASX]
    The trial is being overseen by the William Harvey Research Institute based at St Bartholomew’s & The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry in London. Up to 30 healthy volunteers will receive increasing doses of EPT1647 in a transdermal delivery formulation (see Appendix 1).

The topical formulations will be applied as a one mL solution, sprayed onto the arm daily for ten days.

The formulation is expected to enable EPT1647 to be absorbed through the skin and distributed throughout the body (systemically). The trial’s key objectives include establishing the optimal dose of the drug when applied to the skin, as well as investigating both the safety and efficacy of EPT1647 in this new formulation.

http://www.tantoday.com/forums/salon-discussion/17546-topical-trial-melanotan-begins-london.html

2. #2 15th July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Topical MT2

Thanks for the link, haven't heard* anything about the results, could be positive.
    I have a link listing names of formulators ( if someone would need it): http://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk/discussion/137/need-formulating-services-here-are-some-contacts
  3. #3 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

Just wanted to let you know that I have been able to locate a topical formulation of MII, which is supplied by an Australian company. The company is called TRC (The Research Clinic) and they sell a topical transdermal lotion named Tanexin. I just received it approximately 5 days ago and have applied it a total of 3 times. I can tell that the active ingredients are crossing the skin barrier, as I have experienced typical sides. I have only applied it 3 times, as unfortunately I have experienced a degree of nausea and lethargy. Cost of the product is high at $99 for 10g, with free shipping.
  4. #4 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

Sorry, make that a 10mg bottle.
  5. #5 16th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Just wanted to let you know that I have been able to locate a topical formulation of MII, which is supplied by an Australian company. The company is called TRC (The Research Clinic) and they sell a topical transdermal lotion named Tanexin. I just received it approximately 5 days ago and have applied it a total of 3 times. I can tell that the active ingredients are crossing the skin barrier, as I have experienced typical sides. I have only applied it 3 times, as unfortunately I have experienced a degree of nausea and lethargy. Cost of the product is high at $99 for 10g, with free shipping.
    "
    "
    Sorry, make that a 10mg bottle.
    "

Is that for a 10mg content of MT2 or 10mg of total content as that is a minute amount. Perhaps 10ml (although still very small).
    Does it have any other ingredients on the bottle? We would be interested in supplying this if it is in fact proven to work; and could easily cut that cost depending on the base of the lotion.

Normally Tanexin is just another name for Melanotan 2 in powdered form for injection, used by DRS Labs et al.

Regards,
    Tom
  6. #6 16th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Never mind, I've found the product in question here: http://www.researchclinic.com.hk/org...ream-100g.html

It sounds as if they are obtaining the cream from another company from the .au description, however I can't find any mention of OrganoPep anywhere else in my quick search.

Has anyone else developed a topical lotion which allows peptide use? I'm not too familiar on the topical side of things.
  7. #7 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

it feels like they probably buy it in bulk, prepare their own "topical" product and make tons of money ( just IMHO)
    Is it something you have to apply all over to have an effect? Would other options like a hair lotion be possible?
  8. #8 16th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    it feels like they probably buy it in bulk, prepare their own "topical" product and make tons of money ( just IMHO)
    Is it something you have to apply all over to have an effect? Would other options like a hair lotion be possible?
    "

Either that or it's their own cream, or they have rebranded a generic cream. I can't find any other mention of the OrganoPep other than their own site which is a little suspect.
    Another thing is their facebook page (only reviews I can find) is littered with order not received comments and spam; look at the wall image comments. https://www.facebook.com/theresearchclinic
    They are however, quite old.

Regards,
    Tom
  9. #9 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

Sounds a bit too good to be true. Although that price for 20ml! That would only cover one full body. Perhaps it only needs to be applied in one patch. Would be very interested in hearing more about this product!
  10. #10 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be like: you apply a certain amount of the topical on your arm, leg,....and it gets into your system.
    You can say there are no real updates since 2005 but on the other hand there havent been updates on the injectables either. But anyway: companies benefit from people's fear of needles and the bad reputation needles have ( people swallow pills that are so much worse than M2 but psychologically it's harder to overcome the use of needles)
  11. #11 16th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Wouldn't it be like]You can say there are no real updates since 2005 but on the other hand there havent been updates on the injectables either. But anyway: companies benefit from people's fear of needles and the bad reputation needles have ( people swallow pills that are so much worse than M2 but psychologically it's harder to overcome the use of needles)
    "

I read somewhere (this site?) about a new study beginning in London where they are spraying MT2 onto the arm and it is absorbed through the skin and then distributed about the body after. I'd imagine this would be a similar idea, if it infact works.

As Girlwhite has confirmed what I said earlier, 20ml would cover very little and thus be extremely ineffective if to be used where tanning would occur.

Regards,
    Tom
  12. #12 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

I believe that the concept of this topical formula is that a small amount of the lotion is to be spread in a localized area, which would then be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. The formula does contain a number of ingredients which facilitate transdermal delivery. The description loosely states that ~60% of the peptide would likely be absorbed. Therefore theoretically 6mg of the 10mg in the bottle should be effectively useable. However, this method of application may have advantages in that multiple small applications may be applied and in that the drug is more slowly and steadily released into the bloodstream. Just my thoughts..

13. #13 16th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I believe that the concept of this topical formula is that a small amount of the lotion is to be spread in a localized area, which would then be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. The formula does contain a number of ingredients which facilitate transdermal delivery. The description loosely states that ~60% of the peptide would likely be absorbed. Therefore theoretically 6mg of the 10mg in the bottle should be effectively useable. However, this method of application may have advantages in that multiple small applications may be applied and in that the drug is more slowly and steadily released into the bloodstream. Just my thoughts..
    "

It would be brilliant to see some before/after images of you using this topical. Although I imagine you'll have to purchase another bottle or three as many people don't experience much tanning before 15-20mg. And, if it is only 60% effective you'll need maybe 3/4 bottles to see results, which could end up costly!

I wonder what method they use for mixing the base and the melanotan, whether the reconstitute it first or mix the powder in.
    (All in USD)
    If we could replicate that we could order the 100g cream from the HK site for $30 and mix it with the melanotan, cutting the costs substantially.
    Melanotan 2 10mg x 5 @ $35 = $175
    OrganoPep 100g x 1 @ $30 = $30
    Total of $205, as opposed to the $500 they charge for it premade!

I would still like to see this cream though... Find it odd they charge 3x as much on the AUS site.

Tom
  14. #14 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

even if it's more expensive ( because you pay like 40 percent more), it could be a good alternative when going on holidays and want to maintain things ( so you don't need to bring all your stuff)
  15. #15 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

Tom,

Only the base cream is available from the UK site for $30, while the Tanexin topical formula is still $99. I would be very interested in the possibility of buying the base cream and mixing in Melanotan independently. If you could produce such a product at a much lower price, I would be first in line.

16. #16 17th July 2014 
    Thanks

Interesting, I wonder if tanexin transdermal is effective. I like the idea of a topical/transdermal formulation over injection. It reduces the additional risks associated with injections (potential cross-contamination), which is quite appealing and may be worth the extra 40%. However, ideally, I envision a product that would only penetrate the upper layers of the skin for a more localized effect, without the systemic adverse effects. Nonetheless, one would have to apply that type of product all over.* *
  17. #17 17th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Tom,

Only the base cream is available from the UK site for $30, while the Tanexin topical formula is still $99. I would be very interested in the possibility of buying the base cream and mixing in Melanotan independently. If you could produce such a product at a much lower price, I would be first in line.

"

Its a Hong Kong (HK) site by the way ]

I just have a few issues with their company at the moment to consider putting in any orders to try it and would prefer for some more reviews to come in first.

"
    Interesting, I wonder if tanexin transdermal is effective. I like the idea of a topical/transdermal formulation over injection. It reduces the additional risks associated with injections (potential cross-contamination), which is quite appealing and may be worth the extra 40%. However, ideally, I envision a product that would only penetrate the upper layers of the skin for a more localized effect, without the systemic adverse effects. Nonetheless, one would have to apply that type of product all over.* *
    "

From the description of the cream it would work for (I'd imagine) all peptides, not just Melanotan (or tanexin, as they're calling it).

Tom
  18. #18 17th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

I read somewhere (this site?)
    "

Just noticed I was in fact referring to this very thread!

JROD, were you developing a cream for topical administration?

Was just thinking many of the skin care companies use peptides in their creams for anti-aging (ex. http://www.boots.com/en/Olay-Regenerist-Regenerating-Moisturiser-Day-Cream-50ml_8948/).
    I wonder what the implications would be of adding Melanotan to one of these would be.

Tom
  19. #19 17th July 2014 
    Thanks

when it comes to applying forskolin and reduce the costs ( pure vs non pure actives), this might be an interesting article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19281221
  20. #20 17th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

I read somewhere (this site?)
    "

Just noticed I was in fact referring to this very thread!

JROD, were you developing a cream for topical administration?

Was just thinking many of the skin care companies use peptides in their creams for anti-aging (ex. http://www.boots.com/en/Olay-Regenerist-Regenerating-Moisturiser-Day-Cream-50ml_8948/).
    I wonder what the implications would be of adding Melanotan to one of these would be.

Tom
    "

Currently, Im working on a forskolin topical formulation to test, in which I will begin testing this weekend. However, the cost of pure authentic forskolin from a reputable lab is a significant deterrent. Thus, I would be interested in attempting to develop a MT2 topical formulation, if I could find some supportive evidence for the efficacy with skin penetration. I would like to develop my own base cream for MT2, to avoid unnecessary additives, but I need to research what ingredients would assist in effective skin penetration. Achieving adequate skin penetration with water soluble peptides, such as MT2, may be particularly difficult, if it is even possible. That's why I would urge some of you to purchase the cream and mix the MT2 in to test it. My hypothesis is that it probably wont penetrate the top layer of the skin, but its difficult to make that claim without knowing the ingredients. I think if we all work together on this, we may be able to come up with some good results.*