• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 7th July 2014 
    Thanks

Melanotan Questions

I've been using MT2 for approximately 3yrs or so and have really loved the compound. I burn very easily so it's an absolute godsend for me.

A few questions I've always wanted to ask.

1. What is MT2 supposed to look like unmixed? I've had 2 versions, several "rocks" that would fill up maybe 1/4 of the vial or a single solid rock that filled up half the vial. Think of a half filled clear glass bottle of milk.

2. How long does MT2 stay good for frozen.

3. For people traveling from the US to international locations, do you travel with it? If so how do you do it, and have you ever run into any trouble?
  2. #2 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan Questions

"
    I've been using MT2 for approximately 3yrs or so and have really loved the compound. I burn very easily so it's an absolute godsend for me.

1. What is MT2 supposed to look like unmixed? I've had 2 versions, several "rocks" that would fill up maybe 1/4 of the vial or a single solid rock that filled up half the vial. Think of a half filled clear glass bottle of milk.

3. For people traveling from the US to international locations, do you travel with it? If so how do you do it, and have you ever run into any trouble?
    "

1- should look like mixed water, sometimes it takes longer to dissolve

2 - I thought at least 2 years

3- very interesting questions. We've had a couple of topics on it. Most people having done it seem to have had no problems and yes, if you maintain a specific regimen, not taking it with you is out of the question. Maybe I want to be play supersafe and would pre-mix it and store it in something that doesn't look like a vial. The question is]Another big question is: when does it start degrading? Some say after 24 hours, others say it was still as effective after a month out of the fridge.
  3. #3 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

"
  4. #4 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

@labpeptides: you seem to have quoted a post without a reply.
  5. #5 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

"

1. MT-2 freeze dried powder appearance has a variety of acceptable appearances. Synthesizers of old would have several broken "rocks" chilling on the bottom, synthesizers of late will have the single solid form puck (which is often more uniform, shipping unbroken with greater consistency...making consumer confidence also higher as folks do not like or understand variance).

2. Years.

3. Almost always. Bring syringes, vial and pre-loaded syringe full of bacteriostatic water with you to destination.
  6. #6 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Another big question is]"

I do not understand. Have you suspected or encountered a brief shelf life of a small peptide such as MT-2? Clinically there should be zero degradation after 1 month. Many of occasions I have used 6+ month old mixed product without worry.
  7. #7 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

The thing is: I always kept it in the fridge once it's mixed. So I haven't experienced anything like that.
    I remember lots of sellers claiming it starts degrading after 24 hours and they also recommend not to travel with it.
    Of course it's a low risk scenario but in the states they do random search in checked luggage and if they'd find it in powder form, I can imagine they might have some questions for you.
    That's why I wonder how it could be preserved mixed in another type of bottle without causing contamination. Just to put people's mind at ease. It's never fun to travel and think: what if?
  8. #8 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    @labpeptides]"

oops! it failed the sending so I just pressed refresh, here it is... ]

1. It varies depending on how it was lyphosized, it can be either and depends on a number of factors. Neither is better than the other.

2. We normally advise 24 months after reconstitution, however advice does vary and depends on a few factors.

3. Most people travel with it as it is without any issues.
    I've read some people have transferred it into a Vit B12 vial, this is also administered via injection and can be obtained without prescription in many places.
    Others, a lot on this forum, prefer to mix it into a generic nasal administration using an off the shelf spray. In this bottle it can look like your preferred option.
  9. #9 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

Wow. Great information guys I really appreciate it!

In regards to the Vitamin B vial, do they empty it out or keep the Vitamin B liquid in there?

Are there any brands Nasal spray that is preferred? How do you dose it? Would you suggest carry on or checked baggage?

Also, could you reconstitute a vial, put it in your checked baggage? I'm not sure what temperature the luggage hold would get.
  10. #10 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

In the end the most important thing is to put people's mind at ease when travelling. The thing is: B12 liquid is red colored and the product they sell over here isn't sold in a vial. You can of course always bring them to justify your syringe usage.

Imagine you're away for a month]
    At the beginning people used melanotan* ( 5- 10 years ago) they constantly gave us the advice to keep in the fridge or else it would start to degrade after 24 hours. Has there been any research that the mixed peptide is more resilient than they thought it was?
  11. #11 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Wow. Great information guys I really appreciate it!

In regards to the Vitamin B vial, do they empty it out or keep the Vitamin B liquid in there?

Are there any brands Nasal spray that is preferred? How do you dose it? Would you suggest carry on or checked baggage?

Also, could you reconstitute a vial, put it in your checked baggage? I'm not sure what temperature the luggage hold would get.
    "
    [quote]In the end the most important thing is to put people's mind at ease when travelling. The thing is]

The posts I read they had emptied the Vit B12 vial, however that was also a multiuse rubber stopper. Not sure about the red colouring as that wasn't mentioned, it may vary with manufacturers. I'll have a look for the post but it was on an old forum so may not find it.

Normal nasal spray bottles are fine, I think the post here used Rhinaris nasal mist. I would keep it in carry on and refrigerate as soon as possible.
    Nasal experiment: http://melanotanforum.com/melanotan-2/my-mt-2-nasal-spray-experiment/
  12. #12 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

Carry on is always more difficult in terms of justifying what you're bringing. Don't know if it could still freeze on airplanes. Refrigeration is not always an option. When you go camping or backpacking for instance, so it would be great to know how stable it really is when mixed.
  13. #13 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Carry on is always more difficult in terms of justifying what you're bringing. Don't know if it could still freeze on airplanes. Refrigeration is not always an option. When you go camping or backpacking for instance, so it would be great to know how stable it really is when mixed.
    "

I mean for a nasal spray bottle, you can just say you have any mild ailment such as dry/runny nose, sinus issues, anything that matches up to the label. They could open it, smell it, spray it, test it and it would be fine. At no point would they be able to determine presence of MT2 as they would not have facilities to do so.

Edit (08/07/14 - 19]
    Obviously when camping or backpacking its not always viable to refrigerate, there hasn't been many tests on the subject (that I have personally seen), but around a week and you shouldn't worry about degradation. If you can keep it relatively cool it can even last up to a month without any serious degradation, as Melanotan stated earlier. Obviously if exposed to extremes of temperature (20C+) then the shelf life reduces dramatically.
    Accurate figures for this are hard to find due to a variety of factors.
  14. #14 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    At the beginning people used melanotan (5- 10 years ago) they constantly gave us the advice to keep in the fridge or else it would start to degrade after 24 hours. Has there been any research that the mixed peptide is more resilient than they thought it was?
    "

Yes sir, about four years back there is evidence of advice to not buy the hype (full text.
  15. #15 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

I hope we're all talking about "mixed" vials as there's still a difference between mixed and unmixed when not being in the fridge.
    Maybe frio bags could help it from getting too hot.
  16. #16 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I hope we're all talking about "mixed" vials as there's still a difference between mixed and unmixed when not being in the fridge.
    "

Yes, I mean with reconstituted Melanotan. You will get some degradation but will still be usable. These conditions are not ideal, but it does allow for you to take it with you. The backpacking option is again less ideal but if you can control conditions then it may still be viable.

I'm not trying to make people think it will last forever but it can still be fit for purpose.

Regards
    Tom
  17. #17 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

Yes, I mean with reconstituted Melanotan. You will get some degradation but will still be usable. These conditions are not ideal, but it does allow for you to take it with you. The backpacking option is again less ideal but if you can control conditions then it may still be viable.

I'm not trying to make people think it will last forever but it can still be fit for purpose.

Regards
    Tom
    "

Ya, my question was for primarily 2-3 week trips with refrigeration not guaranteed. I could use the Frio bags to keep it cool, but I think that is only rated to keep the liquid around 75F.
  18. #18 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    "
    "

Regards
    Tom
    "

Ya, my question was for primarily 2-3 week trips with refrigeration not guaranteed. I could use the Frio bags to keep it cool, but I think that is only rated to keep the liquid around 75F.
    "

Ahh, I didn't realise. It will be difficult but may be possible. I'm not familiar with Frio bags so couldn't comment on that one.
  19. #19 8th July 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks a lot. Mini coolers could also be an option. There aren't many of them working on batteries though.
    If you mention degrading a bit after a couple of weeks of no refrigeration, do you mean it will still be around 95 percent as active or more like only 50 percent?
  20. #20 8th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thanks a lot. Mini coolers could also be an option. There aren't many of them working on batteries though.
    If you mention degrading a bit after a couple of weeks of no refrigeration, do you mean it will still be around 95 percent as active or more like only 50 percent?
    "

after a few of weeks I'd imagine it would be closer to 50%, obviously there aren't many/any scientific reports on the subject but there are some posts on the internet of people doing just this and it reacting similar to fresh/refrigerated melanotan so the degradation cannot be that great, although it may be subjective to their personal experience, but its the best we can go off until better sources are available.
    I'll have to have a look when I have some spare time to see if I can find some for reference.

Regards,
    Tom