• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

Melanotan and Surgery/Scars?

Hey yall. Does anyone have experience on taking melanotan and having surgery or getting cuts on their skin? I'm scheduled to get a septoplasty soon which isnt a huge surgery but I know Melanotan can make your scars appear deeeeeply pigmented and unnatural. How long should I stop melanotan for before I go in for my appointment? A few weeks??? Thanks for any feedback !!
  2. #2 30th June 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan and Surgery/Scars?

Assume your concern is with regards to MT-2 (MT-1 has much less impact on cuts/scars)? Good luck on your upcoming surgery and recovery bdvince. Discontinue melanotan 4-6 weeks prior to surgery and wait 4-6 months before you resume. Check out Thymosin Beta 4 (TB-500), this peptide dramatically accelerated my healing time & minimized bruising post op from septo/rhino*
  3. #3 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Assume your concern is with regards to MT-2 (MT-1 has much less impact on cuts/scars)? Good luck on your upcoming surgery and recovery bdvince. Discontinue melanotan 4-6 weeks prior to surgery and wait 4-6 months before you resume. Check out Thymosin Beta 4 (TB-500), this peptide dramatically accelerated my healing time & minimized bruising post op from septo/rhino*
    "

4-6 months* ]
    There goes my summer MT2 session. Oh well... this is more important right now. Doesn't the TB-500 have a local effect where it's injected? Or do you just inject it anywhere SubQ and it has systemic function in the entire body?
  4. #4 30th June 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, my months timeline may be a bit dramatic...particularly given that you won't have any exterior wounds healing. At least give one month... I image you will keep the sun away from the face.... TB-500 can be injected anywhere, yes sir, the molecule is small and does travel systemic to heal muscles and skin...while keeping inflammation down* 8)
  5. #5 1st July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Hey yall. Does anyone have experience on taking melanotan and having surgery or getting cuts on their skin? I'm scheduled to get a septoplasty soon which isnt a huge surgery but I know Melanotan can make your scars appear deeeeeply pigmented and unnatural. How long should I stop melanotan for before I go in for my appointment? A few weeks??? Thanks for any feedback !!
    "

I had a superficial skin lesion removed by electrodessication and curettage on my arm while I was on MT1 (now on MT2). This usually causes a white spot. I kept mine covered all summer with a spot bandage, and now it is only slightly different in color compared to the surrounding skin. Of course, people react differently to different things so I can't say you would have the same experience. But if you're having a septoplasty it shouldn't matter much either way since the incision is almost always made inside the nose where it wouldn't be visible or exposed to UV light.