• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

How would you rate the safety profile?

Of course, it's individual. I first started using it in 2008. The most pleasing effect for me was the darker hair as a true ginger. That felt life changing.
    I've been on and off ever since. More and than off with long period of extended use, like months around 1 mg a day to see what my bloodwork would be. It was just fine.
    I noticed small black spots popping up, but not too many tbh. Apart from the nausea the first days I never felt anything bad. Some already brown spots get a little bit darker but no one really commented on it so it's not that noticable.
    From my point of view it feels safe. I'm just saying "feels". Maybe I have the kinda body type that can tolerate it well. It's been a life changer. The only thing I sometimes worry about is the fact that people recommend very low dosages. As a redhead, I only get changes when I dose around 1 mg.
    I'm not speaking on behalf of other users, but last night before I went to bed. I decided to google the words "melanotan" and "safe". I couldn't sleep after what I read. The very few horror stories pop up like all the time.
    People are scared because it's not FDA approved ( some amfetamines are, but that's another story) and the injection part also comes off scary and negative for some. It doesn't feel right for most of them.

But on the other hand]
    On the other hand. I'm really into the melitane experiment just because an alternative to the injections would be awesome.

But this is just a topic to rate the safety profile? What is your opinion on it?
  2. #2 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

Re: How would you rate the safety profile?

I have not seen any recorded objective evidence to support the claim that it is harmful. However, I have not seen any recorded objective evidence to support the claim that it is safe either. Anecdotal (personal experiences) findings have not consistently demonstrated any severe adverse effects. Nonetheless, the risks for adverse effects becomes greater when one does not do the research about where their product is made and under what conditions. For example, if one blindly buys a MII from some random website overseas, especially in china, who knows what impurities and contaminates might be in the product, including dangerous blood borne pathogens. However, if you know of a large reputable lab, that synthesizes peptides under meticulously clean conditions, then the risks for adverse events are going to be reduced. Subsequently, the only question becomes, what are the long-term effects, such as over 10 years and the answer is we don't know.* * *
  3. #3 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

I think the idea of alternative delivery, such as nasal spray, transdermal, etc is pretty awesome.
  4. #4 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

A fact is: there have been users' reports for about ten years. Most users are fine There are FDA approved drugs without knowing what the long term effects are. IMHO 10 years is already something significant.
    The fear is also]
    Of course a non-injectable alternative would be awesome. I'm currently using the melitane with DMI. Started 2 weeks ago.
  5. #5 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    A fact is]The fear is also: no doctor can assure you: just go ahead with it, it's cool. That causes some anxiety.

Of course a non-injectable alternative would be awesome. I'm currently using the melitane with DMI. Started 2 weeks ago.
    "

That is not necessarily a fact because it cannot be supported by reliable evidence, especially coming from someone who is potentially biased. "Most users" is an equivocal and an opinionated statement. Have you objectively interviewed the thousands or even millions of users to support your claim? Have you objectively interviewed or examined the majority of users who have used it for 10 years to ask them? Obviously not.

The truth is, your biased because you want to believe in something without examining all the possibilities; and I don't blame you for that because it is human nature. Sometimes the truth can evoke feelings of anxiety, but anxiety is a natural* protective mechanism, warning yourself from potentially dangerous things. You must be honest with yourself and others that the risks have not been sufficiently and objectively studied when making claims about MII. The only true fact is that MII has not been objectively studied in controlled clinical trials that can substantiate any safety claims in humans. Further, from what I have read thus far, the majority of people on this board have only been using MII in the short term, less than 10 years. So admit the truth, that the risks have not been adequately or objectively studied by experts. Consequently, feeling anxious about placing something in your body with an unknown safety profile is normal. It is not anyone else's false that you feel anxious.

Lastly, you have a slight point about some FDA drugs that have not been studied long before approval. But again, your reasoning is flawed because FDA approved drugs generally go through invasive testing in a controlled environment to minimize any risks. Subsequently, once the drug is approved, it is produced in a highly regulated and controlled environment to ensure safety and minimize any risks.

I am not saying don't use the product, I am just saying become informed to minimize the risks and use it at your own risk; and be careful to mislead others.* * *
  6. #6 27th June 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: How would you rate the safety?

I am of the opinion that tanning is the greatest safety risk & the water soluble peptide hormones (even the potent analogs) often are small piece of the pie. Media headlines do better when they mention drugs and/or symptoms...blame Melanotan!
  7. #7 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Lastly, you have a slight point about some FDA drugs that have not been studied long before approval. But again, your reasoning is flawed because FDA approved drugs generally go through invasive testing in a controlled environment to minimize any risks. Subsequently, once the drug is approved, it is produced in a highly regulated and controlled environment to ensure safety and minimize any risks.

"

let us talk about zomepirac, cisapride, aportinin, ect ect all approver by fda then banned after side affects like death
  8. #8 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

People on this forum having taken the plunge mostly have a history of: not being happy with the way they looked before. On non-melanotan forums it's logical that a latin guy will say something like: pinning yourself to get darker, it's something ridiculous. The pale redhead will be like: yes, but do you know what it's like to be me? No one hearing about the product will say: oh cool, I'll get it, especially because of the injectables. I also think injectables are harder to sell than pills. Whenever I inject, I still think: this is one step too far.
    On the other hand]In the end. Is it best to say: it is probably safe, just check your moles regularly* or do we really say: stay away from it, we'll all be dead in 20 years from now.
    In 6 years time it hasnt been harmful to me. Is that a good indicator to say it's safe to use for me? Or rather "probably" safe.
    It is a step into the unknown although the unknown is not as unknown as it was 10 years ago. Apart from a few horror stories we haven't heard anything real bad.
    I'm just trying to see this from a more psychological point of view. You either take it or you don't. I'm personally pleased that there seem to be some topical alternatives popping up, but in the end it's still our own decision.
    If someone not being happy with his looks could boost his selfesteem with this. That's great.
    If someone decides to stay away from it and continues to be unhappy about his looks, then we should ask ourselves the question]That person might be an potential more dangerous things like amfetamines, sleeping pills,......but his doctor mostly won't tell them there are risks as well. FDA approved products are often about making billions.*
  9. #9 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

I understand how you guys feel! I too am a type I who has been using MII for esteem needs, for 10 years. The purpose of this thread was to discuss the safety profile of Melanotan not other FDA approved drugs. Thus, I have provided you with some counterintuitive challenges and additional insight, based on solid reasoning, which you can draw from when making future decisions. Although, many are not willing to admit or accept the the obvious risks, even though the risks are still evident. I am not engaging on this topic to create anxiety, I am engaging to provide additional insight with sound reasoning so that people can make an informed decision.* *

Turning the focus to other drugs is a tactic to avoid discussion about the real topic. If you want to compare the risks of other things, objectively, we can. Melanotan the administrator, has a great point, if you consider the number of people who die from melanoma attributed to UV exposure, the chance of dying from excessive sun exposure is probably far greater. However, in my opinion, blindly ordering a random peptide from an internet site for aesthetic purposes, may have additional risks. You cannot confirm and are not sure what you are injecting in your body. Is the product contaminated? What kind of contaminates could be in the product. Is it made in a non-sterile environment? These are just some additional things to consider.

Thanks for the discussion.* *
  10. #10 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

You say you have been using it for ten years. Is there a specific reason why you quit? How active are you looking for alternatives as you said you were researching forskolin.

When you mention risks, we compare it to other drugs just to help people make a decision. Everything in life involves risks. The question is]People get too much information these days. Eating this causes cancer, eating that will give you heart problems,....In the end we only get scared, most likely too scared and feeling good about ourselves doesn't matter anymore.
  11. #11 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

not trying to derail your post but you made it sound like that fda approval is next to god, and this stuff has been around since 1981 in any given* group of people* you are going to have some that will have adverse reaction to any given substance and its on the increase* (IMHO its all the crap in the food we eat) take for instance gluten intolerance it is on the rise, ask your self why?
  12. #12 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    not trying to derail your post but you made it sound like that fda approval is next to god, and this stuff has been around since 1981 in any given* group of people* you are going to have some that will have adverse reaction to any given substance and its on the increase* (IMHO its all the crap in the food we eat) take for instance gluten intolerance it is on the rise, ask your self why?
    "

Your caricature may be emotionally appealing in an attempt to misconstrue my propositions but your attempt at reasoning is severely flawed. I did not imply that the FDA is like god, you did; FYI, it is a Government agency enacted to protect the safety and well-being of the public. If you had a sick child who needed a medication, based on your reasoning, you are saying it wouldn't matter if you got the medication from some random person in Thailand who made it in their bathroom, versus an FDA approved medication that may have some known adverse effects but was made in a highly controlled laboratory. In other words, you are equating the use of black market or street drugs with the same risks as FDA approved drugs. I am saying that there is a significant difference. Any medication that is not deemed safe by the FDA will be removed from the market, unless the benefit outweighs the risk. This is called a calculated risk, which is much different from your reasoning. I use to think exactly like you, until I learned how to think critically through introspection and self-reflection.

Im sorry that we don't agree, but I think its more important that we be able to have these discussions for the benefits of others.
  13. #13 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

Let's not forget that money plays an important role as well. So many people on psychiatric drugs live like zombies. A drug should be lucrative and I can't imagine an injectable would be sound appealing to the majority of people.
    Of course I hope melanotan is pretty safe but in the end I just want to be as happy with my looks at this point in my life and of course I hope for a better more practical solution soon.
  14. #14 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    You say you have been using it for ten years. Is there a specific reason why you quit? How active are you looking for alternatives as you said you were researching forskolin.

When you mention risks, we compare it to other drugs just to help people make a decision. Everything in life involves risks. The question is]People get too much information these days. Eating this causes cancer, eating that will give you heart problems,....In the end we only get scared, most likely too scared and feeling good about ourselves doesn't matter anymore.
    "

Im currently developing a forskolin topical for testing, it should be done in a week or two, just waiting on some additonal supplies. I have done some extensive research on dosing and skin penetration. I have discussed the risks of MII in other posts.

Your right, everything has risks and nothing is certain in life, except that we will all die someday. Your argument about people getting too much information is somewhat alarming to me. This makes me think that you are saying people should ignore any significant risk claims. My response would be that there is a lot of opinion based information based merely on feelings, which can be dangerous and misleading. Risk claims based on objective evidence should be evaluated by anyone using the product. Rhetoric based on feelings should be disregarded.

15. #15 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

Will the topical be both for hair and skin? Lots of M2 are redheads and love to adjust both.

It's not that I don't say we shouldn't care what we put into our bodies. But nowadays everything seems to be bad that you spot a lot of extremists. People claiming cereal bread, milk, brown pasta, honey,...Things that were once considered to be healthy are very bad. They go to restaurants and can't believe they cannot order something glutenfree even though they're not intolerant.
    Gurus come up and have their own theories mostly backed up by claims like]If you eat one pizza after two weeks of having had a very balanced diet, you're killing yourself. It's the most horrible thing you can do.

Also you have doctors saying you should stay away from antidepressants and stuff because they're dangerous and other doctors say]I'm taking mind altering drugs as an example because doctors prescribe it all the time and you notice lots of people complain about them.

Even though melanotan is not FDA approved people don't know what to believe in the end. Of course you should be able to find a reliable supplier and someone with good reviews. That's why I think legalizing would have been a step in the right direction.
    I wonder why it hasn't been approved, just because a few volunteers got a raised BP? Or because injections were not profitable enough? Don't forget the market of sunless tanners, hair dyes, solariums,...is also big business.
  16. #16 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

Your caricature may be emotionally appealing in an attempt to misconstrue my propositions but your attempt at reasoning is severely flawed. I did not imply that the FDA is like god, you did; FYI, it is a Government agency enacted to protect the safety and well-being of the public. If you had a sick child who needed a medication, based on your reasoning, you are saying it wouldn't matter if you got the medication from some random person in Thailand who made it in their bathroom, versus an FDA approved medication that may have some known adverse effects but was made in a highly controlled laboratory. In other words, you are equating the use of black market or street drugs with the same risks as FDA approved drugs. I am saying that there is a significant difference. Any medication that is not deemed safe by the FDA will be removed from the market, unless the benefit outweighs the risk. This is called a calculated risk, which is much different from your reasoning. I use to think exactly like you, until I learned how to think critically through introspection and self-reflection.

Im sorry that we don't agree, but I think its more important that we be able to have these discussions for the benefits of others.
    "

no you are the one that is flawed you compared MT* saying that FDA approver drugs* were better than non and now I see why you are taking that position
  17. #17 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "
    "

"

no you are the one that is flawed you compared MT* saying that FDA approver drugs* were better than non and now I see why you are taking that position
    "

I think my reasoning is quite sound and I still think you misunderstand the majority of my responses. All im saying is the main reason MII is not FDA approved is because there has not been any signficat controlled clinical trials to evalaute the effects and safety profile. Thus, there is insuffient evidence to conclude that MII is safe or unsafe. Anyone who claims it is safe or unsafe is making a subjecive claim. Subjective claims can be very unreiliable, especiallly when the one making the claim is biased. Addtionally, Im saying the risks may be compounded when people buy random peptides from the black market on the internet. Anyone who knows about risk assessment would understand this point. The potential risk may outwiegh the benefit in this case. If you dont agree with me then why not order a bunch of MII from china and try it on yourself.
  18. #18 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

Before ordering people start doing more and more research, that's why I think boards like this are useful. We share our experiences and let other people know how the more reliable suppliers are.
    The think I hate about it is the big difference in price. Some claim to have a 99,99 % pure product just to make more profits. Others don't even give you a bulk discount.

Anyway, I hope you can elaborate on the forskolin question. If it would turn out to be a good product, would you try to launch it?
    I contacted D'Orazio a couple of times but all he said was: we're making progress, just stick around and you'll see. It's been 8 years since the article was published.
  19. #19 28th June 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

JROD, I take issue with your fear mongering about custom peptide synthesis. There is nobody to blame but yourself for never engaging in the quality control process in a decade of using unlicensed medicine. It is your due diligence and I do not think your rhetorical threats of buying from China and telling members to use it as blindly as you did is constructive. Appreciate your counterintuitive challenges & insights however!
  20. #20 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    JROD, I take issue with your fear mongering about custom peptide synthesis. There is nobody to blame but yourself for never engaging in the quality control process in a decade of using unlicensed medicine. It is your due diligence and I do think think your rhetorical threats of buying from China and telling members to use it as blindly as you did is constructive. Appreciate your counterintuitive challenges & insights however!
    "

I apologize if it came off that way. Fear mongering was not my intention at all and it sounds a little harsh to label me with that term. I was merely trying to prove a point and bring an important awareness, that blindly purchasing a peptide off the internet may amplify any potential risks, at least without knowing anything about the supplier. I think many consumers would agree with me on that point and thats why its important for us to share our experiences with suppliers. Im sorry for using China as my analogy, that was wrong. Personally, I have always engaged in quality control process before using unlicensed substances and I have never had any major side effects that I could attribute to using MII. So Im not sure why you said that, other than I think it is great advice for all on this board.