• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 13th June 2014 
    Thanks

Concerning Symptoms and Request for Insight from Others

Hi Fellow MII Users,

I am a long time user of MII, on and off for about a decade, and never had any problems. I wanted some input from others on this forum. At the beginning of March 2014, I was using MII to get ready for a vacation, which was working fine with UV exposure. Then, I began to experience weird nonspecific symptoms of dizziness, extreme fatigue, eye pressure, and some tingling in my left leg. I wasn't sure if this was a coincidence, but at the time, I was not sick and did not have any other signs of viral illness or general infection. So I stopped using MII, but the symptoms have persisted; they are better, but they still come and go with any activity, such as exercising or even just working at my job. I have been to my doctor multiple times and also a neurologist and nothing has been conclusive.

I still have the bottle that I used, which is frozen. I would like to have it tested. Does anyone know of a reputable lab in the US that would test it. I want to make sure there are no dangerous viruses or heavy metals.* * * *

2. #2 14th June 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Concerning Symptoms and Request for Insight from Others

People really need to do diligent research on MT2 and the systemic actions it has on the melanocortin receptors. Its a lot more than just a simple pigmentation stimulator. Much more. I know that even after 4 years of mostly spring and summer use, I still get nausea, and sometimes "flu" symptoms. I think our immune system plays a huge role in the reactions we have to MT2.
  3. #3 14th June 2014 
    Thanks

I took two 0.2mg doses and it near enough killed me.* Just ain't worth the risk imo!
  4. #4 15th June 2014 
    Thanks

a good immune system depends on nutrition, sports, the air you breathe, stress,....so many things could be involved and when we inject something with not much history, we are tending to blame it but in the end most users seem to be fine and in good health. Of course it could also be the quality of the vial. So many factors could play a role. Not that I don't take it seriously, it's just: melanotan always seems to be responsible for everything that's going wrong.
  5. #5 15th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    a good immune system depends on nutrition, sports, the air you breathe, stress,....so many things could be involved and when we inject something with not much history, we are tending to blame it but in the end most users seem to be fine and in good health. Of course it could also be the quality of the vial. So many factors could play a role. Not that I don't take it seriously, it's just]"

Rubbish.

It's obvious melanotan 2 is causing severe reactions, the sheer amount of reports of similar symptoms across the internet confirms that.
  6. #6 15th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    I took two 0.2mg doses and it near enough killed me.* Just ain't worth the risk imo!
    "

what happend / what sides did you get ?
  7. #7 15th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    a good immune system depends on nutrition, sports, the air you breathe, stress,....so many things could be involved and when we inject something with not much history, we are tending to blame it but in the end most users seem to be fine and in good health. Of course it could also be the quality of the vial. So many factors could play a role. Not that I don't take it seriously, it's just]"

Rubbish.

It's obvious melanotan 2 is causing severe reactions, the sheer amount of reports of similar symptoms across the internet confirms that.
    "

Really? I haven't heard of anything like this in all my years of using and studying other people's usage on the old board. Worst I see with normal dosing is the usual nausea, fatigue, flushing, and I myself get gastrointestinal cramping for short while. Care to elaborate on what you're talking about ?* ???
  8. #8 15th June 2014 
    Thanks

As I noted in my first post, the symptoms are non-specific and include persistent (x 3months) dizziness (more like depersonalization, not vertigo), intermittent fatigue, and activity intolerance. So far, everything was normal for my workup except for some mild elevated labs (mildly elevated erythrocyte count), which can* sometimes be associated with hematogenous disorders. Obviously, these are not typical side effects of MII, but one may wonder what the long term effects may be since no studies have been done on the long term effects. For instance, can long term use of MII lead to HPA dysfunction, Adrenal insufficiency from an autoimmune response, or even prion disease? Or could there be high levels of heavy metals in the product that I used?*

Now, Im not saying that MII caused my symptoms, it could be a coincidence; I am just trying to have some discourse about my current symptoms, which is what this board is for. I would also conjecture that I have more experience than most anyone else on this board, since I have used MII for about 10 years. Thus, I may have some great insight worth hearing. Anyway, I would like to get my last vial tested for harmful substances. For those of you who are wondering about my dosing, I was using about 0.3mg (300mcg) per dose as a maintenance dose, pre UV exposure, a few times a week with excellent results.

Does anyone have a recommendation so that I can get my last vial tested for harmful substances? *
  9. #9 15th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

Rubbish.

"

Really? I haven't heard of anything like this in all my years of using and studying other people's usage on the old board. Worst I see with normal dosing is the usual nausea, fatigue, flushing, and I myself get gastrointestinal cramping for short while. Care to elaborate on what you're talking about ?* ???
    "

In the two years I've taken mt peptides I've noticed a litany of reports of chronic fatigue, nausea, sinus problems, sore throats and heart palpitations. This also correlates to the Mhra who have received around 80 yellow cards relating to mt2 with a common theme of heart palpitations, nausea and chronic fatigue in the reports (I discussed this with an Mhra rsesearcherbafter questioning why so many sites were being closed)

I'm definitely not confirming the ops problems are linked to mt2 but agree with him that we should be discussing negative and positives. Moreover I was more offended by djens comments, which seem to imply that anyone with sides is stressed, unfit or unhealthy which is laughable.*

Even with over the counter drugs people can have extreme reactions so I think it's reasonable to expect the same of unlicensed peps.
  10. #10 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

Londonboy,

You are obviously someone with some experience as am I. I use to be a long time user of the .org boards and remember Endy a user who was very knowledgeable and insightful. I wish he was on this board. My only response to Djen's comment would be that Naiveté and lack of critical thinking skills can be dangerous. Anyway, based on my experiences, I think it would be more prudent, and safer, to use MTI, especially when you consider the primary target receptors for MTI versus MTII.*
  11. #11 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

All I wanted to say was that the majority of the people is just fine but that even with FDA approved drugs a small group show mild to more serious side effects. A immune system is just a delicate thing. You can't see: due to that drug or that kinda food I'm feeling weak. In general someone talking care of his health will be more immune, but I said: in general.
    If people have been on melanotan 2 with no or just initial side effects they shouldn't get too scared. For some people it's psychologically beneficial to take this drug and scaring them off when their bodies seem to respond to it well is not a good idea.
  12. #12 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

i think it depends only on the quality of your seller. I had side effects (tiredness, flush and litte nausea) with one supplier. With others i have zero side effects only the "good ones" and i use it more than 5 years now.
  13. #13 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    i think it depends only on the quality of your seller. I had side effects (tiredness, flush and litte nausea) with one supplier. With others i have zero side effects only the "good ones" and i use it more than 5 years now.
    "

Those are common side effects from the original studies so I don't think thats exactly indicative of bad quality melanotan.
  14. #14 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

From what I've seen about 5-10 percent of people react very badly to MT2. I have observed adverse reactions mostly from friends, most of whom I train with in the gym plus friends of friends. These are mostly guys in their early twenties to late thirties who are extremely serious about keeping fit and eating healthily. I've seen no correlation in bad reactions to MT2 are general health.

I myself react badly to MT2 but aside from that very rarely get ill. I've never had to take antibiotics, never been on medication or had any serious illness, in fact it's my general good health that made me aware of the effect mt2 has had on me i.e wow I have a head ache and nausea which I never usually get. I think it's massively patronizing for you, somebody with no medical training to make assumptions about peoples general health and the strength of their immune systems.

Your argument 'its not clever to scare people off' is ridiculous. It's far more dangerous to shoot down peoples negative experiences, and then state 'their probably unhealthy or have shit immune systems' because their experience doesn't match your own subjective experience of the peptide. I would never put someone off whose not having the sides and is happily using the drug, I just think open discussion of sides is really important and well help people who are experiencing them hence why I contribute to these particular threads where negative sides are being discussed.

"
    All I wanted to say was that the majority of the people is just fine but that even with FDA approved drugs a small group show mild to more serious side effects. A immune system is just a delicate thing. You can't see]If people have been on melanotan 2 with no or just initial side effects they shouldn't get too scared. For some people it's psychologically beneficial to take this drug and scaring them off when their bodies seem to respond to it well is not a good idea.
    "
  15. #15 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

Thank you, couldn't agree more.

I dislike even MT1 tbf as the nausea and fatigue are annoying, I really hope the research on forskolin is continued and we can get a topical sunless tanning solution in the market soon!

"
    Londonboy,

You are obviously someone with some experience as am I. I use to be a long time user of the .org boards and remember Endy a user who was very knowledgeable and insightful. I wish he was on this board. My only response to Djen's comment would be that Naiveté and lack of critical thinking skills can be dangerous. Anyway, based on my experiences, I think it would be more prudent, and safer, to use MTI, especially when you consider the primary target receptors for MTI versus MTII.
    "
  16. #16 17th June 2014 
    Thanks

I've had all those symptoms, including heart palpitations, which was a tiny bit scary. However, I've only ever experienced the symptoms with doses over about 250 mcg. Also, dosing with nasal spray also mitigates side effects, for me. These days, to further protect against sides (including darkening moles), I only dose on sun days--about 200mcg--and maybe the day after as well. I also want to point out that I've not experienced sides once I've discontinued use (after 2 days).

My initial experience with MT-2 was that of extreme intolerance to the peptide--getting extremely sick from a tiny amount. Over time I was able to tolerate up to about 150mcg, sub-q. With nasal spray, my tolerance has become that of, what I'd deem, a "normal" person--even when away from the peptide for many months. I have no explanation for that--it is, however, my personal experience.
  17. #17 17th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    I've had all those symptoms, including heart palpitations, which was a tiny bit scary. However, I've only ever experienced the symptoms with doses over about 250 mcg. Also, dosing with nasal spray also mitigates side effects, for me. These days, to further protect against sides (including darkening moles), I only dose on sun days--about 200mcg--and maybe the day after as well. I also want to point out that I've not experienced sides once I've discontinued use (after 2 days).

My initial experience with MT-2 was that of extreme intolerance to the peptide--getting extremely sick from a tiny amount. Over time I was able to tolerate up to about 150mcg, sub-q. With nasal spray, my tolerance has become that of, what I'd deem, a "normal" person--even when away from the peptide for many months. I have no explanation for that--it is, however, my personal experience.
    "

I'm defo going to give this a go, really appreciate your nasal spray log and the amount of detail you've included.*
  18. #18 17th June 2014 
    Thanks

Iam absolutely certain if you inject only a small dosage 0.125 mg or less and you have quality stuff you will get less till 0 side effects. of course every medicine give some people side effects but i think the user of mt2 want to get brown as fast as possible and inject 0.5-1mg every day. thats absolutely nonsense. only concern is the mutation after mixing. this could also lead to side effects. i had side effects from one seller and from another none. i took the same dosage and both worked well. but one with side effects and from the other none.
  19. #19 17th June 2014 
    Thanks

you even get used to 1 mg and higher a day ( I'm not saying you should get to 6 like that bodybuilding story). Some people just need more for many specific reasons. Also depends on your initial skin type. You just shouldn't start too high.
  20. #20 18th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    All I wanted to say was that the majority of the people is just fine but that even with FDA approved drugs a small group show mild to more serious side effects. A immune system is just a delicate thing. You can't see]If people have been on melanotan 2 with no or just initial side effects they shouldn't get too scared. For some people it's psychologically beneficial to take this drug and scaring them off when their bodies seem to respond to it well is not a good idea.
    "

I understand your attempt at rationalization, which is mostly opinion based. Opinion based arguments without sufficient evidence can be quite misleading and have little value for the person who is trying to legitimately become informed by weighing the risks and evaluating all experiences. In addition, it is quite presumptuous to accuse someone of trying to scare others off, especially when that one is only attempting to share valuable experiences and also have an intelligent or general discussion about a potential issue. That would not be a good idea, in my opinion. To me it is very important to share meaningful experiences, especially on this board. You should know that I have used MII for almost ten years, which worked very well with only the usual side effects. However, there is no research to confirm the longterm effects of MII, especially over 10 years. Thus, it is reasonable for one to consider potential longterm effects and discuss some concerns, especially if that one begins experiencing atypical symptoms after 10 years of using a substance that has not been adequately studied in humans and is not approved by the FDA.