• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 30th April 2014 
    Thanks

Melanotan one - a new slow release method

Hello ––
    Having used Melanotan-1 in the past with moderate success, I'm planning a new method of administration this summer.

The official implant contains 16mg of MT-1, with a half-life of 50 minutes. This becomes bioavailable over the course of around 10 days. I intend to recreate this system mechanically.

So, I'm going to use a repurposed insulin pump to mimic the same release method as the implant. The pump will deliver a constant, tiny amount of MT-1 into my body over 10 days. I'll report back on results. This should mean I use the minimum amount of MT-1 and get the same results as the implant, avoiding the side effects of MT-2, but with comparable results.

2. #2 30th April 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan one - a new slow release method

Best of luck, thank you for sharing motorcyclemaintainance!
    What is your skin type? Are you going for sunless tan? Have you used MT-2 or MT-1 prior?
  3. #3 30th April 2014 
    Thanks

Hello!
    Yes, I've used MT-2 briefly, two years ago, but stopped because it doesn't have the volume of positive research behind it that MT-1 does.

I also used MT-1 last summer. It had excellent photo-protective effects, but not much tanning response.

I'm Type 1 and burn in minutes without MT. I'll let you know how I get on with the pump system. Could be a nice way to avoid multiple injections and get a better result. My hunch is that the reason the 16mg implant works so well is because it induces a constant low-level action on the melanocortin receptors. The problem with injections, especially of MT-1 is that you end up getting little spikes of action on the system rather than the constant flow of the implant.

And, yes, I'll try relatively sunless to begin with, apart from anything I get incidentally from walking around.

Let's see what happens!
  4. #4 2nd May 2014 
    Thanks

Hi

Very interesting project you are carrying out. Just wondering with this pump system will you constantly have a needle in you like a hospital drip so to speak. Just curious on the details of how it will work.

* BoB
  5. #5 4th May 2014 
    Thanks

Hey BoB,
    Yes, the pump system is designed so that a small needle rests in the body over a number of days, just like a hospital drip, but much smaller.

It looks like this]
    This graph is the most detailed information I can find on the precise release rate for melanotan]
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/rastafariskate/afamelanotidechart1.jpg

From the graph, it appears as though the majority of the MT-1 is made available to the body in the first 4 days. If this is the case, then I may only have to wear the pump for 4 days for 60 days sun protection.

I'll report back.
  6. #6 5th May 2014 
    Thanks

This really is a awesome idea i will be very excited to hear how you get on with it. Keep us updated. Best of luck

* * BoB
  7. #7 3rd June 2014 
    Thanks

To update:

I finally got all the bits of the infusion kit I needed and I've begun this experiment. To begin with, I have set the pump to administer a very steady and constant flow of peptide amounting to 1.3mg of MT-1 per hour. Initially I'm doing a 7-hour trial run while I get used to the way it works. If it all goes to plan, I'll wear the pump for the full three days to simulate the peak-effects of the official implant.

It's fascinating to watch how slowly and gently the pump doses. It definitely beats all those injections in terms of comfort.

Will report back soon.
  8. #8 4th June 2014 
    Thanks

wow so your doing almost 10mg is a 7 hour window, that sounds like a lot of mt1!

Really interested in seeing how this pans out, kudos for coming up with an innovative solution.

9. #9 4th June 2014 
    Thanks

It sounds like a lot of MT-1 in 7 hours. But, looking at the graph showing drug levels in plama for the implant, the effect peaks in the first 2.5 days of action.

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/rastafariskate/media/afamelanotidechart1.jpg.html

That data is for a 16mg implant, so I'd guess that first wave of action is the bulk of the drug being absorbed by the body. Obviously this probably represents something less than I took in 7 hours. But I was curious about what this constant, drip-fed amount would do over 7 hours.

The answer so far is]
    The infusion kit is a bit uncomfortable to wear at night, so I'll do a daytime 8 hour session tomorrow with another 10mg slowly released. Because the half-life of Melanotan is less than 50 minutes, I'm hoping this will massively increase the effects because tiny amounts of fresh Melanotan are constantly being introduced to the body, hopefully causing the kind of cascade response in the graph.

We'll see...
  10. #10 5th June 2014 
    Thanks

I will follow your amazing experiment with great excitement
  11. #11 5th June 2014 
    Thanks

What Insulin pump brand are you using?, did you have to change anything in the pump to adapt it to the melanotan release?
  12. #12 9th June 2014 
    Thanks

The pump is a Medtronic Minimed Paradigm 712
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimed_Paradigm

Didn't have to adapt anything. It works perfectly to dispense a small but constant flow of MT all day long.

Results so far are great. My UV tolerance is through the roof. My main interest was in not getting burned. Amazing results from just 30mg of MT-1 dispensed slowly over around 28 hours in three instalments so far. Great to know I'm using minimal peptide for maximum effect.

Also nice to be using an infusion kit rather than constantly sticking myself with needles as in previous years. These pumps are amazing.

Incidentally, if anyone knows a good european supplier of MT-1, please PM me. I'm running out now.

13. #13 9th June 2014 
    Thanks

I will watch for any insulin pump to mimic your experiment
  14. #14 14th June 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing your experiment. Very interesting and awesome you got the results you wanted
  15. #15 17th June 2014 
    Thanks

I have just get a syringue pump, as it is a big instrument no way to carry it the full day , but I will try to use it during the night for at least 10 hours a day, I will let you know
  16. #16 18th June 2014 
    Thanks

Sounds like a mock clinical trial of the Clinuvel clinical trial. Very ingenious. An insulin pump would be prefect. Did you get any color yet. The only thing I would wonder about in your case would be the stability of your product, while being in the pump.
  17. #17 18th June 2014 
    Thanks

Good point! I have no way of testing the stability of the peptide while it's sat in the pump for 8 hours or so... I'm guessing it's fairly resilient for that short period?

As for colour, I haven't been more than a few hours in the sun, but from incidental sunlight the back of my neck is brown, but my face still has a red hue. UV tolerance is amazing though. Lots of times I would previously have burned I haven't.

I'm tempted to try the pump with a low dose of MT-2. Although I'm not so keen on that peptide, I'm curious what a few mg might do over 8 hours.

18. #18 19th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Good point! I have no way of testing the stability of the peptide while it's sat in the pump for 8 hours or so... I'm guessing it's fairly resilient for that short period?

As for colour, I haven't been more than a few hours in the sun, but from incidental sunlight the back of my neck is brown, but my face still has a red hue. UV tolerance is amazing though. Lots of times I would previously have burned I haven't.

I'm tempted to try the pump with a low dose of MT-2. Although I'm not so keen on that peptide, I'm curious what a few mg might do over 8 hours.

Why are you tempted to use MII? Is it because you haven't seen any color change with MTI? I bet the stability is fine for one day while your using it.
    "
  19. #19 11th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

Did you ever try MT-2 in your pump?