• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: Low doses

1. #1 13th April 2014 
    Thanks

Low doses

Hello everyone, it's my first post there. Firstly sorry for any mistakes, Im not a native english speaker.

From what I learned my skin is Type II-III. Im from east Europe and Im slightly darker than most people, but not much. Mostly my tan is nice and brown.

OK, my goal is to get a great tan with low doses and not getting too many sides. I already bought 10mg vial and it'll be my first time with MT2. I have a couple of questions]
    1. What do you think about starting with 0,1mg and ending with 0,25mg max in my case? Does 0,1mg brings any effect?
    2. Does it matter if I load 5mg in 10 days (0,5mg/ed) or in 25 days (0,2mg/ed)? Can I waste a vial with no special effects due to too low doses?
    3. Is there any border of how long the loading phase should last?
    4. What do you think about low dosing Mt2?
    5. What do you think about taking shots every two days? I read somewhere about it.
    6. How long can I store my mixture in a fridge?

I ask this because I dont want to get too many moles etc. Will appreciate your answers. Thanks.
  2. #2 13th April 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Low doses

Taking 0.25mg per day should work great over time and I highly doubt that you will notice any side effects, maybe for the first 3-5 days you might get face flush and a feeling of sickness for 10-20mins. I started my first dose at 0.5mg, face flushed really bad but that didn't bother me just made my face look red lol. And a little sickness feeling soon after that I was dosing on 1.25mg per day. I would suggest doing daily injections since that's what I did and since your lower dosing to get you faster results. As for loading I'm 2month in and I guess still loading on 0.5mg per day everyday since I'm skin type 1 so I guess that answers a question or so there. And for how long to store in fridge once mixed is 1-2month as far as my knowledge but I could be wrong so best get second answers.

Hope any off this can help you only going by what I have done and learned
  3. #3 14th April 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Low dosage melanotan 2

Welcome WannaBBrownie, thank you for the questions - great topic!

Initial thoughts, after learning of your skin type, best advice would be to not use mt2. Please let us know more about your goals and objectives for using melanotan 2. It's my speculation/opinion that darker skin types receive less benefit....

Since the peptide has been purchased, I am an advocate of low dosing.
    1) .1mg (100mcg) of melanotan II delivers, yes - I like the 100-250mcg range
    2) It does not matter, take your time - each experience w/ the product works to build (the biologic effect of course is enhanced by UV exposure)
    3) No
    4) Two rules]5) Schedule for mt2 depends on sensitivity (some users require daily injections to lessen side effects from higher dosages) and convenience - every other day dosing is just fine - a rough game plan could be to dose low every couple days & prior to UVR...
    6) 6-12 months, or longer (when in doubt, 3-4 months...), depends on storage and reconstitution agent used (bacteriostatic water or bacteriostatic sodium chloride solutions are first 2 picks when reconstituting a fresh 10mg mt-2)

Do you have moles now? Thanks again, hope we are able to help WBB!
  4. #4 15th April 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Low doses

Thanks for the great answers guys. You're really helpful.

Like I said I'm from east Europe. There is only 3-4 months when you can go outside and get tan on entire body. Being tanned is very attractive and since I'm going to gym it enhances my muscles. I started going to sun-bed previous year, but going there for half a year is expensive, time-consuming and gives you weird shade of tan. MT2 is surely a solution.

I have some moles on the entire body and face also. But they're all flat, small and not conspicuous. I also get sometimes bright freckles when I tan from sun.

There're so many different informations about MT2 on the internet that I get headache when I read about it. And I always read all informations about making such decisions in my life.

I'm thinking now about dosing 0,1-0,2mg ed and 0,25+ mg before UV exposure.
    I will post there my results with photos after my treatment. I will make before and after for your study
  5. #5 12th August 2014 
    Thanks

"

Initial thoughts, after learning of your skin type, best advice would be to not use mt2. Please let us know more about your goals and objectives for using melanotan 2. It's my speculation/opinion that darker skin types receive less benefit....

2) It does not matter, take your time - each experience w/ the product works to build (the biologic effect of course is enhanced by UV exposure)
    3) No
    4) Two rules]5) Schedule for mt2 depends on sensitivity (some users require daily injections to lessen side effects from higher dosages) and convenience - every other day dosing is just fine - a rough game plan could be to dose low every couple days & prior to UVR...
    6) 6-12 months, or longer (when in doubt, 3-4 months...), depends on storage and reconstitution agent used (bacteriostatic water or bacteriostatic sodium chloride solutions are first 2 picks when reconstituting a fresh 10mg mt-2)

"

I have the same skin type and quite a few flat moles. Why do you not recommend it? I look so much more attractive tan. Can't just get q-switch ruby laser on my moles when they get darker?
  6. #6 12th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

I have the same skin type and quite a few flat moles. Why do you not recommend it? I look so much more attractive tan. Can't just get q-switch ruby laser on my moles when they get darker?
    "

I think the issue was with the point higher skin types get less tanning than a lower skin type?
    Not quite sure why, though, as a lot of the lower skin types find it difficult to build up a tan, whereas many of the higher skin types tan easily,

May be in relation to the low dose plan, as Melanotan knows a lot about that, and has some long journals.

Tom
  7. #7 12th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "

3) No

"

"

Hey MoleMan, my concern for folks with skin type III who are already tan/brown is that they may be better off without using the tanning peptide for acceleration. Although I think it's a low risk venture, and you obviously know your body best, it may not prove to be cosmetically beneficial (especially with regards to mole concerns). Further I am of the opinion that it's complicated to find the right time to remove darkened moles (when I go under the knife or laser, I would like my body to be free of synthetic melanotropins and have faded skin tone).
  8. #8 12th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "

"

I think the issue was with the point higher skin types get less tanning than a lower skin type?
    Not quite sure why, though, as a lot of the lower skin types find it difficult to build up a tan, whereas many of the higher skin types tan easily,

May be in relation to the low dose plan, as Melanotan knows a lot about that, and has some long journals.

Tom
    "
    Yo Tom, I am not sure that higher skin type candidates for melanotan get less tan...my thinking is that their look may become unnatural and/or undesirable (at a rapid or uncontrolled rate given the potency of mt-2).
    If I were a skin type greater I believe MT-1 would be the clear choice (MT-2 being the risky choice for cosmetic benefit). The clinical trial results photos from testing mt-1 imho are beautiful]

I enjoy having blond hair and having the freedom to enjoy the sun (without the burn/aging)! I found negative attn/experiences from concerned docs/derms when too tan (no doctor, I do not share your stress about my few super darkened freckles...).
  9. #9 13th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

3) No

"

"

Hey MoleMan, my concern for folks with skin type III who are already tan/brown is that they may be better off without using the tanning peptide for acceleration. Although I think it's a low risk venture, and you obviously know your body best, it may not prove to be cosmetically beneficial (especially with regards to mole concerns). Further I am of the opinion that it's complicated to find the right time to remove darkened moles (when I go under the knife or laser, I would like my body to be free of synthetic melanotropins and have faded skin tone).
    "

Well my skin isn't actually brown yet, but I thought i was type 3. This is my skin right now http://i.imgur.com/rfWChzw.png

I'm not a good-looking guy and I naturally have bad skin, so I figured a deep tan was a good way of sort of hiding my imperfections.

I'm going to try laser while on melanotan. I will just try it on one mole and see how I react. As for my dosage, I think I will just use around 400 mcg per week (spread over 4 doses).

10. #10 13th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "
    "

3) No

"

"

"

Well my skin isn't actually brown yet, but I thought i was type 3. This is my skin right now http://i.imgur.com/rfWChzw.png

I'm not a good-looking guy and I naturally have bad skin, so I figured a deep tan was a good way of sort of hiding my imperfections.

I'm going to try laser while on melanotan. I will just try it on one mole and see how I react. As for my dosage, I think I will just use around 400 mcg per week (spread over 4 doses).
    "

Your skin type is similar to mine and I consider myself 2.5. I'm of the opinion that our skin types are more susceptible to developing dark moles as that's the personal experience I've had myself. Those few light marks you have on your chin will absolutely get darker and you will develop new ones you've never seen before as well.

Don't pay money to have those marks lasered off.... you can do it yourself with $10 soldering iron and alcohol wipes!! Takes 5 minutes and leaves no marks.
  11. #11 13th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "
    "
    "

3) No

"

"

"

"

Your skin type is similar to mine and I consider myself 2.5. I'm of the opinion that our skin types are more susceptible to developing dark moles as that's the personal experience I've had myself. Those few light marks you have on your chin will absolutely get darker and you will develop new ones you've never seen before as well.

Don't pay money to have those marks lasered off.... you can do it yourself with $10 soldering iron and alcohol wipes!! Takes 5 minutes and leaves no marks.
    "

Oh that's really really depressing. I don't know how to improve my appearance besides MTII. My moles are all flat so I wouldn't be able to remove them myself, but would only be able to lighten them with a laser.

What dosage were you on? Are you sure I will suffer the same mole side effect if I use a real low dosage like 100 mcg every three days? Even if some moles do crop up, I suppose I could always get them lasered no?
  12. #12 13th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "

3) No

"

"

"

"

"

Oh that's really really depressing. I don't know how to improve my appearance besides MTII. My moles are all flat so I wouldn't be able to remove them myself, but would only be able to lighten them with a laser.

What dosage were you on? Are you sure I will suffer the same mole side effect if I use a real low dosage like 100 mcg every three days? Even if some moles do crop up, I suppose I could always get them lasered no?
    "

My apologies... it wasn't my intention to deter you from at the very least trying MT2 to see what it can do for you. I didn't mean to make it sound like you will become as polka dotted as a dalmatian caught in a black paint storm... I just mean it may be a little overwhelming to see how fast MT2 darkens moles when you're least expecting it. Some of the new moles are permanent but many aren't...and they absolutely will get lighter when you discontinue use.

I used 0.25mg every few days or so and it couldn't stop my hyperpigmentation from happening. You should try dosing lower than me but I don't think there is any "safe zone" for dosing that will decrease moles but still give intended tanning effects. As soon as my moles got darker my skin started getting much darker as well. Darkening of moles is actually Melanotan's intended effect afterall and they go hand in hand with each other. It's crazy when I start getting very tanned after 1-2mg and many people on here say they must go through a few 10mg vials before they start seeing anything. Our skin type is a gift and curse.

Also flat moles are the intended and prefered moles to treat with soldering iron removal. I would never try to remove a raised mole myself, that must be inspected and removed by a specialist!! Soldering your skin may seem barbaric but it was actually a huge thread on the old .org board with many successful attempts including my own. It's what they did at the dermatologists office before lasers but with more "advanced equipment".* 8)