• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 29th March 2014 
    Thanks

A few newbie questions

Hi all, I'm new to the board and just had a few questions.* I recently ordered a package of 10mg M2 and 3 ML of sterile water.* After hearing about all the initial hot flashes, nausea etc I decided to start slowly.* My first night, I injected about .25mg and my second night .4mg.* Tonight was my third injection and i used .6mg.* I have a few concerns:* I have rosacea so I was dreading the initial flush as i'd heard someone describe it as "the worst one they'd ever had".* However, i didn't really feel a flushed at all and haven't so far.* Nausea?* Nope, none.* As silly as it sounds, its making me start to worry a bit about what it is that I'm actually using and the way that I'm injecting.* I've always hated needles so injecting is kind of a pain in the ass for me and i've been barely sticking the needle in during my injections.* One question, how deep does the needle need to be for the m2 to be distributed effectively?* Also, I've heard that ideally- the injection is supposed to be painless.* For the most part, it has been aside from the actual m2- it stings pretty bad.* Should I have mixed it with something other than a generic bottle that just says "sterile water"?* And lastly, Im a type 1-2 pretty fair skinned guy.* Im hardly ever in the sun and my skin usually has a reddish tone to it.* How long into the loading process should I wait to hit the tanning bed?* Thanks in advance for the help, guys!
  2. #2 29th March 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: A few newbie questions

Excellent questions & welcome to the forums Adam84. Happy to read about your caution when initiating melanotan peptide hormone therapy. It happens all too often that users dose up to 10x above what they should.... After a third dosage, while escalating/desensitizing, you're likely in the clear w/ regards to any nasty flush and/or nausea (I never flush...even with my skin type 1). Don't worry yet, imho, you're on the correct course of action* 8)
    Go ahead and boldly dart your next subcutaneous injection, sinking the insulin pin. Short needle or long needle (up to 1/2") should not be a problem (when my body fat is low, I inject in the glutes...typically around the naval offers plenty of spots w/ enough body fat to offer pain-free administrations) - inject the product in the subq area where/when the product easily exits the needle (do not force) - deep enough where there is little-no site irritation. Injecting not deep enough can be painful, particularly given sterile water used for reconstitution (either way, the product will disperse and take systemic effect). Sterile water is a poor choice (bad sting & no preservative), given alternatives...sadly it's the only widely available option (down under for example).
    With far skin, take any opportunity you get receive healthy/controlled UVR. Start slow, do not burn your skin and take time listening to your body...you'll be good to go Adam. I like to advise 2-3 weeks of experimentation/acclimation to the mt2 before adding tanning to the mix...nothing is set in stone (in my current journal, there are many occasions where my use/dedication falls off - use according to convenience and lifestyle) - best of luck & please keep us posted* ;D
  3. #3 31st March 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks so much for the advice!!* It seems that most of the "sting" was coming from the fact that i was hesitant about sticking the needle in far enough.* I bit my lip and jabbed the needle instead of lightly inserting it and i barely felt a thing.* Tonight was my first injection of 1mg and other than a mild flush, I'm feeling good!* ;D* For the other people that are thinking about using MII as a mask for rosacea; I'll keep you posted!
  4. #4 7th April 2014 
    Thanks

So, I've just finished my first bottle of 10mg!* I've been taking 1mg every night for the last 5 days or so.* Last night was pretty bad with the nausea/insomnia.* I still haven't been to the tanning bed yet so obviously no change color wise but I am starting to really see a lot of new moles.* For the most part I don't mind but finding a new one on my face everyday is a little bit scary.* I'm afraid what I'm gonna look like at 30mgs in!* Is it possible that i might be overdoing it a bit with 1mg a day?* The side effects generally haven't been that bad so I just assumed I'd be ok with this dose but I've also been reading that a lot of people take it slower with .5 or .25mgs a day.* Will decreasing my dose help with the moles?*
  5. #5 7th April 2014 
    Thanks

Adam84: My personal opinion is that 1mg is too big a dose. The biggest dose I have taken is .35mg. I currently do .25 once weekly. I suggest you slow down as the consensus seems to be that heavy doses don't result in faster tanning. Good luck.
  6. #6 7th April 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Good advice from darryl d. Please cut the dosage down by 1/2 or 1/4, you've got it* 8)
    Taking MT-2 @ 1mg/daily frightens me (outside of building up for aphrodisiac and/or rapid tanning)...unsure what amount of medical mary j would be necessary to mitigate sides* ]
    More power to those who can dose like a champ.... Always wonder if it is a flip of the coin, or what factors play into sensitivity from the peptide (imho the g-protein receptors are suspect)

First phase of developing your natural pigment is for it to display w/ high density in areas of sun damage. Pretty sure 9/10 users (including myself) freak out around your stage in the game Adam84. Hang in there if you continue to consider yourself a valid candidate for success in the end...I understand moles are grounds for most to discontinue. Rest assured that after weeks and mgs of melanotan the skin balances...eventually removing tan lines (arguably sunless tans are possible, and likely w/ mt-2....)
  7. #7 9th April 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice, guys!* I'm starting on my second vial of 10mg and I've decided to cut my dose down to .75mg a day.* After tonight, I will be almost 12mg in.* I'm going to make my first trip to the tanning bed tomorrow- I'm guessing 6 minutes should be a good start?* I'm a little bit worried about the whole "raccoon eye" thing.* I read that if you move your protective goggles up, down and to the sides while in the bed that this can help.* Good advice?* Since I have rosacea, I'm equally anxious and nervous about how my face is going to react to the tanning sessions.* I guess we'll see, I'll keep you updated and try to include some pics as well.*
  8. #8 9th April 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please do not place effort into tanning of the face...the upper trunk of your body will have the greatest/fastest response - there is no reason to worry about protective googles, place layer upon layers (towels and/or clothes) over your eyes/face - 6 minutes is indeed a good place to start, given it's a low-intensity lay down bed (vs. 6 min in stand up..)
    Well wishes your way Adam, hopeful this msg gets to you ASAP!
  9. #9 9th April 2014 
    Thanks

Aww, your message came just thirty minutes too late.* :-\* I just got back from my first 6 minute session and the good news is that I didn't burn at all.* Honestly, I don't see a change though.* Could it be that I should step it up a little bit or keep it at 6 mins for a while.* I don't mean to question you since you're undoubtably the expert around here but how will I tan my face if its completely covered?* Are you saying that I should cover my face every time or every now and then?* My face is a little red right now but that was to be expect since I have rosacea/sub derm.* It's hard to tell if its the sun or just flushing, ill have to wait and see.*
  10. #10 10th April 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please question, anytime Adam! If you did not burn, you've got it under control - be aware however that a tan will not have chance to develop/set in for at least a few days after exposure. The face will encounter enough uvr day to day in order appear natural. I like to cover/protect my face ~95% of the time during tanning...as I believe it appears undesirable to have a dark(er) face/head, jmho.
  11. #11 18th April 2014 
    Thanks

I'm about 18mg in and i've been to the tanning bed about 4 times now.* I started at 6 mins the first two times, then went to 8 (my chest was a little red but went away after a few days) and did my first 10 today.* Unfortunately, Im completely red across my chest right now.* It's a little bit discouraging but oddly enough it doesn't hurt like most sunburns i've had before, not yet anyway.* I thought I was playing it safe but maybe I need to take it slower?* my arms, neck and face are fine but they're hardly showing any color change.* So that's where I am:* the uv is too much for my chest/back, not enough for my arms and face.* I just hate to keep going to the tanning bed for 6 minutes at a time, especially since I really haven't noticed a difference so far (other than on my cherry colored chest* )
  12. #12 18th April 2014 
    Thanks

Hey man, Im about 13 mgs and ive got a decent tan now. My tan lines go from sheet white to a very light brown. I want that deep gold look yah know? Im thinking at 20 mgs in ill be good. As a fellow pasty, Id advise taking the m2 1 hour before you tan ( I take .7 every day, and tan every other day for 6 minutes) and to tan 4 minutes every 3rd day until you notice color change. Then up to 5 minutes, if you dont burn, up to 6 every other day, and youll notice a big change. But the most important thing is to let your skin heal before tanning again, there should be no redness from uv rays before you step in a tanning bed, and make sure you drink lots of water and moisturize. Ive learned that keeping the skin moisturized plays a big part in the outcome of the tan!
  13. #13 20th April 2014 
    Thanks

Yeah, I've decided to take it slow from now on.* I'll do about 7 or 8 mins Max in the tanning bed probably.* So, its been a few days since the initial burn and I was delighted to wake this morning to find that it had turned into a tan.* I now have my first tan lines!! (I wore boxers in the tanning bed).

My face is a little uneven color wise right now, not sure why but hopefully it will even out eventually.
  14. #14 6th May 2014 
    Thanks

Update: About a month in now I guess.* I stopped injecting daily after I woke up to a nice golden shade on my chest a few weeks ago.* The problem is that im having trouble getting color in other areas like my feet, legs, and the area around my eyes is pretty much completely white.* * My chin, chest and hands are the darkest areas on my body.* I decided to lay in the sun today instead of the tanning bed because I thought that the goggles might have been contributing to the white areas around my eyes but after an hour in the sun, they're still white.* Im not really burning now but oddly enough, I haven't seen much color change in the past few weeks.* Could it be that I started the maintenance phase too early?* I've been a little scared of tanning too long as well, so perhaps thats a contributing factor (I haven't spent longer than 10 minutes in a bed so far).* I suppose Ive been a bit hesitant because I've heard all the stories about people waking up the morning after tanning and looking like a different ethnicity.* So, anyways that's where I am right now- just trying to even things out while at the same time not going too far.* I just want an even golden brown color, not trying to change my race or anything.*
  15. #15 7th May 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Keep up the good work Adam, stay patient! In my experience, a tan takes 3-5 days to develop (after exposure).... Plenty of time for you to continue to listen to your body, adjusting accordingly. Cannot image waking up a day later to a freakish dark tan, lol!

Hugely helpful details too btw...many users a month in share the wavelength - thanks for sharing the stresses - rest assured with time and diligence the tone will find balance* 8)
  16. #16 9th May 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks so much for all the help!* I laid out in the sun for about an hour and a half today, making sure to keep my skin moisturized and i defintely got some color today!* * I think it's evident now that I'm not far enough in with my dosage though because i burned in a few areas, especially my nose.* I also noticed that the area around my eyes were starting to look very dark, not tan but more blackish.* Has anyone ever had this experience?* i look a little like a druggie right now with the dark circles around my eyes lol.* Also, one other question- In regards to the maintenance- I've heard people say that an MTII tan can last up to 8 months, so what exactly is the twice or three times a week dosing for?*
  17. #17 9th May 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Saddened to hear of the sunburn, especially w/ regards to your nose and face. There are many delicate and variable membranes on the face - abuse your thin skin under-eye with UV exposure and see blackness shine through - abuse your nostrils and/or lips and see purple for days - since you have rosacea, please scale back the aggressive tanning Adam84, take it slow brother!

Dosing multiple times throughout the week while undergoing therapy is standard as there are few advanced drug delivery devices...the protocols we are dealing with are by insulin syringe. Most folks are sensitive to the product and rely on rapid desensitization properties of administering the peptide to mitigate potential side effects from super-potent melanocortin agonists. The biologic effects of developing melanin within the skin can last months, maybe years....
  18. #18 10th May 2014 
    Thanks

Hi I am really new. I am 170 pounds. How much will I need for the first two months? Could someone tell me where I find information regarding
    the beginning loading and the maintenance? Is there step by step instructions somewhere?
    I am in Canada. Who should I order from? Thank you.
  19. #19 20th May 2014 
    Thanks

So, i've taken a few weeks break from the tanning because I've been crazy busy recently.* I've been injecting .5 twice a week though.* I decided to lay in the bed for 15 mins yesterday and woke up today with basically no change.* I'm no longer burning though, at all so I guess that's progress?* This is still such a confusing learning process as I was stunned that my chest got all the color from one 8 minute session and now a month later my face still isn't tanning well.* At this point my arms are a light to decent golden brown and my chest is still the darkest part and my face is still the palest part on my body next to my feet.* Perhaps i need to be using some indoor/outdoor tanning lotion?* Would anyone be able to recommend a good tanning product for the face especially?* I'd ideally like to find something that i could buy locally but online works too.
  20. #20 4th June 2014 
    Thanks

I posted on here the other day, if you look further up it's the subject "tanning". But I was wondering. What's the loading phase go up to? Is it 10 days or can it go on longer and does everyone inject .5 every time or do they slightly up it? Thanks.