• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 13th March 2014 
    Thanks

Is loading phase really necessary?

I see many reports on the internet and some say they have no reason to do the loading phase because of the half life of Melanotan 2 is 33 hours, what do you think?
  2. #2 13th March 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Is a loading phase necessary?

Great topic bruno, there are indeed a wide array of melanotan peptide reports from global users. There are less reasons to experiment/include a loading phase when the researcher does not share a sensitivity to the product (most sun-sensitive folks in greatest need for melanocortin therapy are sensitive to mt-2...from my experience/understanding). One dosage can generally shed light on user sensitivity.... The half-life for Melanotan 2 last minutes, where does the 33 hr claim originate?
  3. #3 14th March 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Is loading phase really necessary?

Do you know datbtrue forums?

That forum have a lot of good info about all peptides including MT2.

MT2 protocol from datbtrue is to only take mt2 (250mcg or desire dosage) 10 min before UV exposure and more 250mcg post UV exposure.

For him, loading phase is useless and ineffective.

Idk if i able to post this external link, but see on this link below guys talking about that protocol.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/melanotan_ii_3?id=5636449&pageNo=0

4. #4 14th March 2014 
    Thanks

Ah, about the 33hours half life

That is the source I had read

http://www.goodlookingloser.com/2013/05/06/all-about-melanotan-2/
  5. #5 14th March 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Ah, about the 33hours half life

That is the source I had read

http://www.goodlookingloser.com/2013/05/06/all-about-melanotan-2/
    "

there is no sourche stated for the 33hour in the article and dont read any other scientific info about that

mt-1 has a half life of 0.8-1.7 hours (48-102 minutes) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afamelanotide

6. #6 14th March 2014 
    Thanks

Here, attached

here also,

http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/forums/hgh-peptide-insulin-discussion/44379-melanotan-2-a.html

But what I'm saying is, who prove that loading phase is necessary?

And if only needed an injection before and after sun exposure!!?
  7. #7 14th March 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"The biological effect of MT-II is very long, perhaps as much as a year or even more. So timing is not very important]
    Tanning with MT-II is really the same as without, except for being more productive and as more tan develops, having more tolerance than you would have had previously. Basically, limit it to avoid any sunburn, though in practice getting a bit of redness sometimes is kind of an ordinary fact of life for most (it's not good, but life is imperfect.)

I expect it's not actually necessary to put in effort and time at tanning before the MT-II has built up, though I always did get sun concurrently with the MT-II use. It would be a small headstart to get in that early tanning, but even one hour of tanning once the MT-II is really working would totally outweigh the sum total of early tanning, at least for light skinned people. There's definitely no reason to push the tanning in the early stages. Each dose of MT-II is doing its work even if there is no sun exposure in the following days (but of course there will have to be, sooner or later.)
    "
    Words of wisdom from BR (above quote)

"

MT2 protocol from datbtrue is to only take mt2 (250mcg or desire dosage) 10 min before UV exposure and more 250mcg post UV exposure.

"
    DatBtrue is a friend/colleague indeed, I am a fan of his forum. My .02 w/ regards to dat's mt2 protocol is that the strategy inadvertently integrates a 'loading phase.' Breaking up multiple daily injections does more for desensitizing receptors (than it does to expedite tanning - particularly the mt-2 dosage after uvr exposure), creating user-friendly environment for melanocytes to go through melanogenesis (w/ least amount of sides).

"

"
    Nobody has proved or claims necessity about loading mt2 - sure there are users who attain pleasurable results from dosing exclusively around individual lifestyle/goals...more power to the sun-tanners!
    Here at MelanotanForum, we're all about harm reduction* 8)

Do you believe that after sun exposure, dosing melanotan peptides has a significant impact? Imo, it's marginal and/or sunless....
  8. #8 14th March 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "The biological effect of MT-II is very long, perhaps as much as a year or even more. So timing is not very important]
    Tanning with MT-II is really the same as without, except for being more productive and as more tan develops, having more tolerance than you would have had previously. Basically, limit it to avoid any sunburn, though in practice getting a bit of redness sometimes is kind of an ordinary fact of life for most (it's not good, but life is imperfect.)

I expect it's not actually necessary to put in effort and time at tanning before the MT-II has built up, though I always did get sun concurrently with the MT-II use. It would be a small headstart to get in that early tanning, but even one hour of tanning once the MT-II is really working would totally outweigh the sum total of early tanning, at least for light skinned people. There's definitely no reason to push the tanning in the early stages. Each dose of MT-II is doing its work even if there is no sun exposure in the following days (but of course there will have to be, sooner or later.)
    "
    Words of wisdom from BR (above quote)

"

"
    DatBtrue is a friend/colleague indeed, I am a fan of his forum. My .02 w/ regards to dat's mt2 protocol is that the strategy inadvertently integrates a 'loading phase.' Breaking up multiple daily injections does more for desensitizing receptors (than it does to expedite tanning - particularly the mt-2 dosage after uvr exposure), creating user-friendly environment for melanocytes to go through melanogenesis (w/ least amount of sides).

"

"
    Nobody has proved or claims necessity about loading mt2 - sure there are users who attain pleasurable results from dosing exclusively around individual lifestyle/goals...more power to the sun-tanners!
    Here at MelanotanForum, we're all about harm reduction* 8)

Do you believe that after sun exposure, dosing melanotan peptides has any significant impact? Imho, it's marginal and/or sunless....
    "

Thanks for the Info, i cant get access to datbtrue forums, idk why.

Could you send me by private message the protocols you read there?

Thanks
  9. #9 11th April 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "The biological effect of MT-II is very long[...]"
    "
    I've been suspecting/known this for a long time. Whatever the half-life of the peptide in the bloodstream is, once the peptide is docked to MC1R in the skin, it stays active for quite some time.

"I expect it's not actually necessary to put in effort and time at tanning before the MT-II has built up"
    No it's not. But what I have observed in many people is, those who had plenty UV exposure in the past, before using the peptides and without tanning(being type 1), tend to respond very fast once they introduce the peptides. It's almost as if all the pathways are ready and just waiting to get the melanin synthesis going, but they can't because their mutated MC1R's won't bind with alpha-MSH.
    So, I think early UV exposure doesn't hurt, as long as you don't overdo it. In fact, waiting till the peptide has "built up enough" means you are possibly wasting some of it.

I don't believe loading is necessary at all. I've been maintaining continuously for 6 years with a weekly injection of 0.3mg of Melanotan 2. In summer, with naturally increased UV exposure I get darker, like anyone else with the natural ability to tan would.In winter it fades, but I'm not going back to my pre-Melanotan paleness either. So yes, M2 is very potent and you certainly don't need to do daily injections for weeks to benefit from it.