• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 28th February 2014 
    Thanks

Alternative - Melitane

I've been reading a lot about melitane which is also a MSH agonist

I'm a natural redhead and on melanotan my red hair gets dark ( except for my lashes and eyebrows which I hate).
    The melitane has been used in tanning lotions and now someone tells me]I thought MSH agonists were there to increase the eumelanin ratio to pheomelanin.

Melitane also claims to darken grey hair but that was thet hair that didn't darken for me on melanotan.
    I think it's worth looking up]http://lucasmeyercosmetics.com/en/pr...id=45&from=cat
  2. #2 1st March 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - melitane

Hmm, interesting.* There is nothing that I know of theoretically impossible about up regulating the red form of melanin over the dark type.* Let us know if you try it and it works.
  3. #3 1st March 2014 
    Thanks

The fact is: you can buy it on ebay but there are different opinions on mixing it, penetration,....
  4. #4 1st March 2014 
    Thanks

This would be great as an alternative for hair darkening why I am not on melanotan. What I love about MT2 is that it makes my ginger beard black. When I cycle off it for the winter the ginger beard comes back after about 2-3 weeks. Would love this as an alternative to keep the dark beard.

* Very interested to find out if this would work
  5. #5 1st March 2014 
    Thanks

You can buy the melitane online, the question is just the formulating aspect. Maybe we have some experts here.
  6. #6 12th April 2014 
    Thanks

more and more studies seem to support the idea of melitane increasing melanin production.

There's an adobe file on a clinical study but cannot post the link, you should google the words "'melitane" and "maidenhair" and you'll find it.* and it was published in a reputable scientific magazine.

Of course many people start using it in commercial products. I just dont know if the concentration is high enough as no amounts of ingredients were mentioned]
    http://viplaserclinic-mauritius.com/reverse_grey_hair

http://www.amazon.com/Millenium-Tanning-Solid-Bronzer-Lotion/dp/B00I60S18O/ref=pd_sim_bt_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1N88JX00TQR1J9VJRDZA

I really hope it gets some support here.
  7. #7 12th April 2014 
    Thanks

i have used pizbuin bronze tanning lotion a lot it also contain melitane (acetyl hexapeptide-1) i noticed some results from it but nothing when compare to mt

if you know a place where you can buy it pure let me know.
  8. #8 12th April 2014 
    Thanks

the reason is most definitely because the amounts used are very limited ( it contains too many other ingredients).
    There's a discussion on LEF extension forums and a forum member named sartios sells it. It's not that expensive. It's used for both skin and hair darkening, but the penetration is different. I've heard for hair mixing it with minoxidil would penetrate.

http://ask.lef.org/224/How-to-reverse-grey-hair?PageIndex=109
  9. #9 16th April 2014 
    Thanks

PS: the piz buin gets good reviews, though the amounts of melitane used must be rather small. But it shows there's potential. Maybe the combo melitane-melanotan would give extra benefits.
  10. #10 11th May 2014 
    Thanks

I tried to follow the evolution of this alternative on the LEF extension forum but now I notice their forum has been gone for a couple of days already, don't know if it will be back. Was planning to order it over the next couple of days. Just don't know what carrier to use. Would use it for "hair" in the first place. Someone mentioned minoxidil.
  11. #11 10th June 2014 
    Thanks

Hi
    I would love to know if anyone had any success with melitane for hair colour. Connie from Canada
  12. #12 11th June 2014 
    Thanks

Hey Connie,

I'm starting my experiment tomorrow ( have to pick up the carrierr at the local post office)

It's 180 ml water, 10 ml melitane and 10 ml dimethyl isosorbide.
  13. #13 11th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Hey Connie,

I'm starting my experiment tomorrow ( have to pick up the carrierr at the local post office)

It's 180 ml water, 10 ml melitane and 10 ml dimethyl isosorbide.
    "

are you trying this for hair or tanning?
  14. #14 11th June 2014 
    Thanks

I'm trying this for hair, the seller gave me the hair formula.
    A product named piz buin already contains very small amounts of melitane ( so I guess a DIY version will be stronger) and overall it has good reviews for skin as well.
  15. #15 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    A product named piz buin already contains very small amounts of melitane ( so I guess a DIY version will be stronger) and overall it has good reviews for skin as well.
    "
    can you say if you see any results? I'm also interested with this stuff for my ginger hair.
  16. #16 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

i have tried this but doesnt work well for me, maybe its because melitane alone will not penetrate through the dermis (maybe anyone know the moleculair mass of melitane? )*

i also tried it with adding propylene glycol but no difference.

the research articles done on melintane where on skin types 3 and 4, so there is no evidence if it will do anything for types 1 and 2 yet.

17. #17 16th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "
    can you say if you see any results? I'm also interested with this stuff for my ginger hair.
    "

The formula I got for hair was 180 ml water 10 ml melitane and 10 ml dimethyl isosorbide. Started using it on thursday so way too early to notice results. The seller told me I'd see results after 2-3 months. So far, the formula is not irritating at all.
    I don't know if it works better for hair or not. Even on melanotan your skin needs to be exposed to UV in order to get real results.
  18. #18 19th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "
    "
    "

Djen,

Did you get any results? Have you tried piz buin accelerator or melitane from LMC?

The formula I got for hair was 180 ml water 10 ml melitane and 10 ml dimethyl isosorbide. Started using it on thursday so way too early to notice results. The seller told me I'd see results after 2-3 months. So far, the formula is not irritating at all.
    I don't know if it works better for hair or not. Even on melanotan your skin needs to be exposed to UV in order to get real results.
    "
  19. #19 19th June 2014 
    Thanks

Hey Jrod,

I started one week ago so probably way too early to see any results. I never tried piz buin. I ordered my melitane on ebay. The commercial name is* acetyl hexapeptide and it comes from Greece. What do you mean with LMC?
  20. #20 20th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Hey Jrod,

I started one week ago so probably way too early to see any results. I never tried piz buin. I ordered my melitane on ebay. The commercial name is* acetyl hexapeptide and it comes from Greece. What do you mean with LMC?
    "

I meant, did you think about ordering from Lucasmyercosmetics?