• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 28th January 2014 
    Thanks

Important question to ALL MT2 users

Hi there!
    A while back i used MT2 and it end up giving me acne.. i think this was due to the oil it creates.
    However, i had a 4 month course of accutane around 2 months ago, which has cleared me, but now can hardly tan. So, i was wondering if i used melanotan again, would it give me acne yet again? ALL OPINIONS WELCOME! Also from people who have actually used accutane and melanotan, many thanks! Please get back to me!
  2. #2 28th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Important question to ALL MT2 users

Welcome 2012, great question - believe you could be right for a number of reasons
    Overdosing MT-2 causes oily skin as well as anxiety - however, imho, accutane therapy is the greater danger
    In your shoes I would enjoy the clear skin and relax on the tan (tane + tanning never mixed from my understanding/experience) - at least wait another 3-4 months before melanotan consideration, well wishes your way & best of luck!
  3. #3 28th January 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for your informative reply! and thanks for the welcome, i figured i'd wait abit longer until i used it again but im worried that it will cause oily skin/acne again.. when you say overdosing causes this, do you mean that if i used lower doses then it wouldn't give me oily skin/acne? You also mentioned accutane experience and tanning, have you been in this situation before then? many thanks!
  4. #4 29th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have you looked toward melanotan 1 vs melanotan 2? Never recall an oily skin encounter when utilizing mt-1.
    Yes sir, I feel 25, 50 & 100mcg mt2 tanning injections are sufficient enough for results in those with super-sensitive skin conditions.
    Only dabbled with accutane briefly, dosed enough to respect the product
  5. #5 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

I have considered MT-1 but wondered if it works the same just weaker? but hopefully if i low dose it, it wont produce oil... As you say you have not encountered oil, does this mean that its made from different components? Will it produce the same results as MT-2 just slower? Many thanks for your replies btw glad someone is here to help!

Also do you know of any good suppliers of MT-1?
  6. #6 29th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Weaker and more targeted agonist, yes sir - mt-1 targets the first melanocortin receptor (MC1R) whereas mt-2 peptide molecule effects MC1R, MC3R, MC4R & MC5R. Targeting the melanocortin system primarily in the skin (vs brain/cns) makes mt-1 a viable option to avoid excess oil production (albeit more expensive, slow, etc).
    Results are indeed a greater challenge to achieve on the original (particularly in fair/sensitive skin types). Suppliers should be available, unsure of a referral at this time (my apologies). Take a look at the results photos from when Clinuvel ran clinical trials (as they are indicative of real results)]MT-1

MT-2

7. #7 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

I would also agree here better of with MT1 if you are afraid of developing acne. It is also a good idea to wait 3-6 months since your last dose of accutane before you start getting UV exposure.

I was on accutane before and it leaves the skin very sensitive to the sun. When I started a course of MT2 after it my acne never came back although saying that I was living in a very sunny climate at the time so that helped my skin stay clear.

If you need a MT1 supplier drop me a mail.

* BoB
  8. #8 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for both of the replies you guys! By the looks of melanotan 1 results there not very deep, however i'd take that any day over acne! and to BoB, you say you have previously took accutane and used mt2 and acne never came back, did the oil come back just without the pimples? also did you low dose? sorry for the questions just dont want to rush in head first, appreciate it guys.
  9. #9 31st January 2014 
    Thanks

The oil did come back but no where near as bad. I done 4 coursed of accutane over the period of 18 years old to 24 years old. I can't say if it was age or accutane that stopped my acne eventually I have a feeling it was a bit of both. With every course of accutane my oily skin got less and less. I do still have slightly oily skin but no where near as bad as it was also still get the odd spot but again no where near as bad. I notice that while I am on MT2 my skin is far less sensitive and with UV exposure I get little to no spots at all. Just in my opinion don't mix UV exposure with accutane as it weakens the skin as it is.

I low dosed to start off with ( .25mg ) but I did build up to 1mg a day.

My advice to anyone would be to low dose don't rush into it slow and steady wins the race. Minimize side effects and also freckling / mole darkening . This stuff is very powerful you will be suprised what can be achieved with low doses.

BoB
  10. #10 17th April 2014 
    Thanks

I used accutane before, it was brutal. I ended up getting burned so bad I had blisters. The acne came back as well after a 5 month treatment. Luckily I came up with my own face wash, and have been clear ever since. Melanotan doesnt make the skin oily, its just the sweat you gets from the heat of the uv rays. DONT TAN UNTIL AFTER 5 MONTHS AFTER ACCUTANE. Its horrible.
  11. #11 18th April 2014 
    Thanks

Everyone has their own experience with Accutane and Melanotan so I'll share mine and hope it helps.

I'm 33 now and had moderate, persistent acne since I was about 17. I'm also extremely pale. Having tried just about every treatment (and combination of treatments) available, I eventually decided to try Melanotan and later, Accutane.

I've been using both consistently since late 2010 so for about 3 1/2 years. I've had ups and downs with both but nothing too serious, probably because I use a low dose.

I take 5-10mg of Accutane a day (usually 20mg 2-3 times a week) and 0.5-1mg of MT2 a week, depending on the climate. I can get very dark if I want to and my skin has been pretty clear throughout. I also use Paula's Choice to help keep my skin healthy and Aloe Vera to hydrate if I've been tanning.

I actually prefer the results from MT1 (more natural colour for me, fewer freckles etc.) and am now trying a lower dose of MT2 (0.25mg a week) to see if I can get similar results for a lower cost. I also don't load any more because my skin gets oilier, I get dark eye circles and look a bit weird until I've been in the sun for a while! Little and often seems to work best for me.

I also get my liver function checked every year but it's always been fine. Ideally, I'd like to come off Accutane in the near future but will just have to see how it goes.

Hope that helps!
  12. #12 23rd June 2018 
    Thanks
    Trying to ask a question about MT2. I have taken it before with no issues, but after two small doses I have elevated blood pressure and heart rate. Keeps going up and down. Normally bp is 110s/70s now in 140s/90s pulse 60s now 80s. Any idea how long it will last? It has been 3 days since last dose. Thank you