• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 4th January 2014 
    Thanks

M2 drug interactions

Are there any known dangerous drug interactions? If so, which ones?
    Is antidepressants (MAO-inhibitor) safe to use while on M2?
  2. #2 5th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: MT-2 drug interactions

Melanotan peptides have no known dangerous interactions to my knowledge. Best of luck newToThis!
  3. #3 6th January 2014 
    Thanks

Re: M2 drug interactions

Given that MT2 was never put through any serious clinical trials I doubt that anyone has that answer.* The biochemistry of MAO inhibitors is not entirely understood, and neither is the biochemistry of MT2.* Both are drugs with extensive side effects that affect neurotransmitters.* Mixing the two does not sound like a good idea.
  4. #4 6th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

verywhiteboy is right - couple scenarios to avoid combining w/ melanocortins: accutane and maoi therapy
  5. #5 6th January 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for all the answers.
    There must be tons of people that have used antidepressant together with MT2. Some of these would probably have some experience of MAO inhibitor and MT2,..

"
    Given that MT2 was never put through any serious clinical trials I doubt that anyone has that answer.* The biochemistry of MAO inhibitors is not entirely understood, and neither is the biochemistry of MT2.* Both are drugs with extensive side effects that affect neurotransmitters.* Mixing the two does not sound like a good idea.
    "

Does MT2 affect neurotransmittors? I have never heard of that. Which ones? Any references? MAO affects dopamine, serotonine and norephinedrine.
  6. #6 6th January 2014 
    Thanks

MT2 is metabolised into Bremelanotide.* Bremelanotide crosses the blood brain barrier and attaches itself to a binding site in the brain.* Arousal is neurologically induced rather than vascular.* See Wikipedia Bremelanotide ref #7.* This is a popular media not scientific media reference, they must be interviewing the research people.* What combination of neurotransmitter and or hormonal changes that the binding would cause to create arousal is unknown.* I have never read of any speculation from the research community as to how exactly it works.* Whoever figures it out exactly stands to become exceedingly wealthy, so I doubt many experts are going to share their ideas.

Maybe start by asking if anyone has mixed a simpler SSRI type antidepressant with MT2 (prozac, paxil) before moving up to a more complicated mixed effect drug (effexor), or the really complex MAO inhibitors or lithium co mixes.*

Perhaps this thread should evolve into a self reported drug interaction log.* As MT2 will probably never come to market from an official drug company, it is up to the community to keep track of such things.