• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 14th April 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Bacteriostatic Water

What is the difference between bacteriostatic water vs sterile water for injection?
    Answer - Bacteriostatic water for injection has an extra preservative agent added into the water called benzyl alcohol (BnOH). Benzyl alcohol is a colorless liquid that has low toxicity, and low vapor pressure. Sterile Water for injection is a single dose water that does not contain any bacteriostatic, antimicrobial agents, and added buffers.

How long does bacteriostatic water last, once it is used?
    Answer - Hospira recommends that once a vial of Bacteriostatic water is open the preservatives will prolong its life for up to 28 days. After 28 days the vial needs to be discarded. Other injectables without the Bacteriostatic agent (single-dose vials) should be discarded after a single use.
  2. #2 28th May 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Bacteriostatic Water for Sale

If you're in NA, I'd buy from gulf coast medical supply

They have everything you'd need.

Bacteriostatic Water 30ml @ 7.99 a vial

Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride 0.9% 30ml @6.99 a vial

Sterile Water 20ml

Syringes and Needles as well.

Best prices I've found in NA.
  3. #3 13th February 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Bacteriostatic Water

"
    What is the difference between bacteriostatic water vs sterile water for injection?
    Answer - Bacteriostatic water for injection has an extra preservative agent added into the water called benzyl alcohol (BnOH). Benzyl alcohol is a colorless liquid that has low toxicity, and low vapor pressure. Sterile Water for injection is a single dose water that does not contain any bacteriostatic, antimicrobial agents, and added buffers.

How long does bacteriostatic water last, once it is used?
    Answer - Hospira recommends that once a vial of Bacteriostatic water is open the preservatives will prolong its life for up to 28 days. After 28 days the vial needs to be discarded. Other injectables without the Bacteriostatic agent (single-dose vials) should be discarded after a single use.
    "

When reading you're melanotan guide in a seperate post, you state that;

"When reconstituted with bacteriostatic water it should be stored;
    Room temperature – 2 months
    Refrigerated – 48 months**
    Freezer – Not recommended***"

Now it could be my reading error or understanding, which I hope so, but why do you say in the post above that bacteriostatic water only lasts 28 days once opened. How would that work because if you mix the water with the melanotan then it lasts for 2 months at room temperature or 48 months refrigerated?

Jordan
  4. #4 13th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That guide was written by me, and it basically comes down to providers.
    The OP here also dates to 2011 so things may have changed at the time of writing.

When I was compiling research for that guide the dates range from a month (cap topped bottles - like drinks bottles) to around 4 years (sealed rubber stopper) when stored refrigerated.

If you note below it states that you should be aware of the dates stated by the manufacturer you're using as they change based on the antimicrobial agents, preservatives and when and how it was manufactured and stored.

Tom
  5. #5 13th February 2015 
    Thanks

"
    That guide was written by me, and it basically comes down to providers.
    The OP here also dates to 2011 so things may have changed at the time of writing.

When I was compiling research for that guide the dates range from a month (cap topped bottles - like drinks bottles) to around 4 years (sealed rubber stopper) when stored refrigerated.

If you note below it states that you should be aware of the dates stated by the manufacturer you're using as they change based on the antimicrobial agents, preservatives and when and how it was manufactured and stored.

Tom
    "
    Sorry for the confusion Tom. Ok sure, so how long will melanotan last once mixed with the water? In room temp and also refrigerated? Also do you have any promotions you're running at the moment?

Jordan.
  6. #6 13th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you're using bac water, check with your provider.
    If you're using normal water about a month if you maintain sterile conditions. It would be better to preload and freeze.

We have a few promotions at the moment, check our thread in the suppliers board as we're not meant to be posting them here. I will be adding another one later today though so you may want to wait a little bit while we get the codes set up on the site.
  7. #7 13th February 2015 
    Thanks

"
    If you're using bac water, check with your provider.
    If you're using normal water about a month if you maintain sterile conditions. It would be better to preload and freeze.

We have a few promotions at the moment, check our thread in the suppliers board as we're not meant to be posting them here. I will be adding another one later today though so you may want to wait a little bit while we get the codes set up on the site.
    "
    Do all providers differ then? Do you provide this?

Preload all the syringes? I can't put them in the freezers at home because it's being kept on the sly, also I have young siblings.

Brill, I'll check later.

Jordan
  8. #8 13th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

We don't offer it because it requires a prescription, it horrible to try to import and can cause more issues of found than Melanotan.

Would you be able to store it in a mini fridge in your room? It means an extra £20-30 to pick one up but would be much safer.
  9. #9 13th February 2015 
    Thanks

"
    We don't offer it because it requires a prescription, it horrible to try to import and can cause more issues of found than Melanotan.

Would you be able to store it in a mini fridge in your room? It means an extra £20-30 to pick one up but would be much safer.
    "
    How come it is on you're website then? I supposed I could but I would need one with a secure lock. So if I load all the melanotan into all the syringes ready for use and refrigerate it, how long can I keep it in there for?

Jordan.
  10. #10 13th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

We used to as we had a reputable supplier, we've not updated the site yet to remove it as its out of stock anyway.

If you make sure you keep it all sterile then a few months. I normally use it up to 3 months with no ill affects.
    I normally recommend a month for most people as somebody will slip up somewhere.
  11. #11 13th February 2015 
    Thanks

"
    We used to as we had a reputable supplier, we've not updated the site yet to remove it as its out of stock anyway.

If you make sure you keep it all sterile then a few months. I normally use it up to 3 months with no ill affects.
    I normally recommend a month for most people as somebody will slip up somewhere.
    "
    If I'm having 2 daily then it should be gone after 20 days anyway so that shouldn't be a problem. Is there any benefit of pre-loading it in terms of time or preservation then or purely just ease of access?

Jordan.
  12. #12 13th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Normally if you freeze them it makes it last much longer.
    It will however allow you to keep it cleaner if you do it together, just keep wiping it with the alcohol wipes. (Make sure you have enough of them, you'll need a couple for preloading and then one for each injection)
  13. #13 9th March 2015 
    Thanks

I have some bac water left from when I used it last year. It's been kept in the fridge all this time. My question is: can I still use it? Because getting bac water in Europe is a pain in the ass.
  14. #14 9th March 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I have some bac water left from when I used it last year. It's been kept in the fridge all this time. My question is]"
    For sure, I would have little reason to hesitate from using your bac water. best of luck!
  15. #15 17th March 2015 
    Thanks

Is it actually possible to get bac water in the UK/Europe? As far as I can see all the MT2 suppliers no longer have it and most websites that do list it don't look reputable.

Is the only other option to use saline water? I didn't think you could keep that for more than a few days?
  16. #16 17th March 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Is it actually possible to get bac water in the UK/Europe? As far as I can see all the MT2 suppliers no longer have it and most websites that do list it don't look reputable.

Is the only other option to use saline water? I didn't think you could keep that for more than a few days?
    "

It is possible, but it's high risk, illegal and generally not worth it for companies to do.

When importing it from abroad, you will get your package seized quite frequently. This means if we're bringing it in in bulk and we lose a package, we have to up the price to match, and people don't like that - so generally it's sold at no profit or a loss, and a lot of risk.
    You can't buy it with the UK and most of the EU without a prescription - but that's a personal supply, not enough to sell it.
    Then there's the fact that sites get shut down for selling it, because it's outright illegal, unlike MT2 where it is just unlicensed.

If you're worried about your vial going bad, preload and freeze your needles.

Tom
  17. #17 17th March 2015 
    Thanks

Pre-load with what?
  18. #18 17th March 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Pre-load with what?
    "
    Sterile water or sodium chloride
  19. #19 17th March 2015 
    Thanks

Ok cool.

Still, why the trouble all of a sudden? Has bac water recently been made illagal? It seemed to be very easy to get it over the past 2 years. This makes the whole process a lot more troublesome for UK/EU citizens.
  20. #20 17th March 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Ok cool.

Still, why the trouble all of a sudden? Has bac water recently been made illegal? It seemed to be very easy to get it over the past 2 years. This makes the whole process a lot more troublesome for UK/EU citizens.
    "

Bacteriostatic water has been increasingly difficult to source. Regulations stateside aren't doing the marketplace any favors.