• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 18th May 2013 
    Thanks

Surgical Scars & MT1/MT2

Hi All,

New user here, but I've lurked this website for a while. It's got an awesome amount of information on, which I'm grateful for. I think I'm ready for my first attempt at using melanotan II.

I've gone through various sources looking for some information on MT's effects on scars, but the little info I can find mainly refers to acne scars and other various cuts and bruises.

Are there any users out there who have surgical scarring and used melanotan/melanotan II? What was your experience in regards to discolouration? Did any scars fade as you tanned, or did they darken?

My trauma occurred late february this year when I went under the knife to repair a broken wrist (not playing tennis any more* >]
    Heres a link to my scar, apologies for the low quality]http://postimg.org/image/rf7vz2upj/

As you can see it's not very prominent but I'm still worried about it, I was considering using a very high SPF on it but would like some input from any users who have been in this situation.

Any advice from the MT community regardless of whether you've been in my position or not is welcome. Many thanks!* ]
    Edit: think it might be worth mentioning that I am a skin type I.
  2. #2 18th May 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Surgical Scars & MT/MT2

Hey DB, great info - thank you for posting the topic
    Finding information/user-experiences for scars and healing are certainly tough

To share my experience, I may be particularly fortunate, my scars have not been impacted by Melanotan - I have gone under the knife frequently, always protected the areas afterward & have not noticed severe darkening or abuse of the area

Check out TB-500, a splash of thymosin beta-4 peptide in your melanotan injection may speed up the healing - My guess is enough months have passed & you'll take care of the scar to where it should not darken/discolor
  3. #3 18th May 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Surgical Scars & MT/MT2

can't help much with surgical scars as i only have one on the back of my hand its about 18 years old and unless i piont it out ist blended* into tan , as for other scaring i have a lot* scrapnel on the abs (40 years old and hard to nitice) burn on my leg (another old one almost 55 years old and it too has blended to the point you cant tell its there ) several others on the legs some some old some new ( old ones blend in* new ones tend to stay stark white for some time ,* like years* ) other scars that regardless of how much sun* they get* they never darken (stay stark white) so unless the doc who opperated on you was a real butcher (wide gaping scars) i would not worry* much about them* , but on the other hand i would make shure that you use a good quatity cream with E and Aloe* on them and not a scar repare type cream.