• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 9th April 2013 
    Thanks

Melanotan 2 Dosage Assistance for New User

This is my first post so first of all hi* ;D

I have recently purchased two 10mg vials of mt2 and i'm hoping someone can help me with an easy going dosing schedule to suit my goals and skin type.

I'm dark haired but with very white skin and freckles. Permanent on the arms all year round. (Tshirt freckles). When summer comes they appear on my face too but they arent very distinctive. I believe i have a touch of the ginger gene from my father as i get some small bits of ginger stubble also.

What i am looking for is a dosing and maibtenance schedule which wont lead to any drstic changes too soon. I am going on holiday in around 4 weeks time and i would lije it to tie in with this. I dont really wantto be noticeably darker prior to going away. Only when i come back.

I'm thinking 0.25mg per day based on info ive gathered but would like a more experienced view based on what i've said.

I would also like to keep tanning beds to an absolute minimum if possible. Thanks*
  2. #2 9th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: hello - first post, looking for some assistance with suitable dosing.

Hey bigt, great background - best of luck with your mt2 experiment

Given your scenario I would recommend pre-loading the entire vial #1 (aim for about 50 syringes)
    After mixing 2ml bac water into 10mg MT-2, create a baggie of ~2 & 4 unit dosages (100-200mcg)
    Dose daily the smallest dosages pre-holiday (hopefully you'll have access during holiday - if not, no worries)

Keeping the dose very low will hopefully create darker pigment while working with the freckles* 8)
  3. #3 9th April 2013 
    Thanks

Hey thanks for the reply.

Whats the thinking behind 200mcg injections? When should i do these?
    Will i just do 100mcg for the next month ed?

I wont be taking it with me unfortunately.

Also can i not keep it reconstituted in the fridge rather than preloading and take as i need each day. Or will it go off after a certain time?

4. #4 10th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: hello - assistance with suitable mt2 dosing

The 200mcg mt-2 injection is user-friendly where the dosage can be taken anytime & results will have set in just in time for your trip. Dosing daily @100-200mcg, give or take some, will hopefully remove the ginger from your 5 o'clock shadow (eta 3-4 weeks)...tee up the suntan/tone, while not overly exiting your freckles and overall skin pigmentation.
    You can certainly utilize the multi-dose vial, keeping in the fridge and drawing dosages when desired - words of caution put out there as the mt-2 over-dosage is very common - it's very easy to blow your cover within a months time/usage of mt-2*
  5. #5 10th April 2013 
    Thanks

Thanks again for the reply.

By overdosing do you mean that by drawing from the vial i may miscalculate it?

Also is it not likely that tanning wont occur due to lack of sun exposure prior to my holiday? I always read that sun or sunbeds are needed

When you say 100-200 mcg do you just mean anything in that range? If i use 200 ed for next 30 days i will have used 6mg prior to going away. Is this a good figure that i should see a nice change out of on holiday?

Also when i come back, what woukd be your recommended protocol going forwards?

Thanks in advance and apologies for all the questions at once.
  6. #6 10th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Appreciate the great questions, it's a pleasure. Dosing Mt-2 for a month at a couple hundred micrograms daily (up until a trip where melanotan will not be available for a week) should prime your system (2/3 of 10mg vial would be on par - friends/family will hopefully see your skin as healthy and natural) - expectations would be that skin becomes oily and ginger gene fades - while on vacation you'll likely be susceptible to sunburn - once home & resuming w/ the peptide, tanning results should be dialed in & supercharged* 8)
  7. #7 12th April 2013 
    Thanks

Thank you again.

Well i started off last night. I mixed 10mg in 2.5ml of bac water. And shot 0.05 (0.2mg). All i'll say is o felt warm last night lol. I will continue to do this daily up until the day of my flight.

Would you recommend any light tanning sessions shortly before i leave?

Also what factor of sunscreen do you suggest i use when on holiday?

Once again, your assistance is very much appreciated
  8. #8 12th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Very nice, I would recommend light tanning sessions (opportunities to further develop melanin in the skin pre-trip sounds good) - lighter the better (hope the freckles darken at an expected rate!)

SPF 30 on the body/upper trunk, SPF40+ on the face & over scars/tattoos (w/ lower spf and/or tanning oil maybe for chest/stomach/legs...)
    Love this product]Elta MD Sunscreens
    Oil-free SPF 45 with Z-Cote
    Great for all skin types, especially oily or acne-prone skin, this oil-free formulation contains micronized zinc oxide which provides broad spectrum protection for the face.

Keep us posted bigt, hopeful by the 3rd administration the sides will vanish
  9. #9 12th April 2013 
    Thanks

Thank you.

I will keep you posted on how things go. The sides were no problem as i had the injection right before bed.

So the spf as stated in sun at all times.

Also use this during tanning sessions? Would it be better to leave these sessions for a few weeks and perhaps have 2 or 3 sessions only in the week prior to leaving?

3 mins per session sound okay?
  10. #10 13th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: hello - first post, help with dosing melanotan 2

Great, like hearing sides are n/a*

I do where SPF in sun as much as possible - also during sessions I generally would have protection (most of the time)
    Recommend light spf on the arms, shoulders, neck and/or towels over the face, genitals and tattoos

3 mins sounds tempting, however I recall 5 min being the least amount to make the exposure/trip worthwhile - you'll be good in the 3-8 min range (tanning beds vary so much, I liked the quick stand-up beds)
  11. #11 14th April 2013 
    Thanks

Well i missed fridays shot so i did a doubler yesterdayas a one off (400mcg). I tried it early evening just to see what the sides were like. I only got a very slight sickl feeling in my stomach but it passed fairly quickly.

Just to confirm then. When on holiday spf 30 on most areas and spf 40 on face, neck etc?

When tanning - Spf 30 and a towel on face, genitals etc. I have no tattoos.

I have decided that i'm not going to be afraid to use tanning post trip. I will simply cover up my face so that things arent noticeable there. I wear shirt and tie all day so it wont be obvious ive taken to the tanning beds.

After how much mt2 would you recommend i use a tanning bed. Also is once per week at the 3-8mins okay for now? I really dont know a great deal about tanning beds lol.

12. #12 14th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: melanotan user new to dosing

Fantastic bigt, you have set yourself up for a success story - look forward to future updates, exciting times ahead* ;D
    Tanning is a tough topic to research (particularly foreign to us males...haha, or likely all who do not wish to seek the council/cross-sale from salon employment). When on potent mt2 therapy, I do like the idea of tanning weekly, or every 4-7 days (inside a time-controlled sunbed). Always keep in mind the melanin developed after sun exposure requires days to set in (particularly for those who don't tan well). Look out for the cheap, low-intensity lay-down units or middle of the road stand-up units => combined with cheap wal-mart tanning lotion & your own mix of covering & SPF, you'll be g2g
  13. #13 14th April 2013 
    Thanks

Haha i'm glad i finally have a better undertanding anyway do thanks. I didnt even know there was such a thing as tanning lotion*

I will take this all on board and look to use tanning beds at least once weekly for the 3-8,mins suggested. I'll start on 3-5 mins to begin with just to be cautious.

When should i look to have my first tanning session? I have now taken 800mcg of the product.
  14. #14 14th April 2013 
    Thanks

Though I just should share with you, my experience with MT2.

I'm a half-ginger (not completly white, can manage some sun, and got some freckles).

I did a 0.25 EOD dosage the first 6 weeks. Since then I've been experimating to find the right maintance dosage.

I'll cut my post up in "topics".

Freckles]
    I'm not sure if this comes from that I'm now more tan, but earlier when I've been in tropic envoriments for several days I got about the same tan, but still had freckles. Now I don't. My theory about this is that freckles are sun damages in the skin, and now that I got more pigment (eumelanin, instead of the "gingerpigment" phaeomelanin) my skin is now protected and don't get theese damages anymore. Be clear that this is just speculations from my side, and I'm not able to back this up at all. But the main point here is]
    Tanningbeds]I've done tanning every fifth day. The tanning beds in my country have very strict rules for the power and the UV. So I guess time cannot be compared to where you live. ex my girlfriend who is a type 3 can do 30 minutes in a tanningbed and don't get burned. (No MT2, just natrual). And when she is really tan she can handle up to 50 minutes (I know, it's madness). Me, I've been able to handle 18 minutes at the most. But thats is after months of tanning, and a holiday in Egypt.

Now, with MT2, I've done 12-14 minutes tanning everytime. And I see no change in skincoulour where I'm covered during tanning (I use underwear/boxers). So at this dosage I'm not quite sure if you'll get any tanning result without sun exposure. But I'm now a couple of shades darker than I've been at my darkest in life wich I accomplished at that time after sevral weeks on holidays, and alot of bed tanning)

I think your dosage and approach is correct, and you will be just in time to have your skin prepared before going on holidays. But I would personally get some kind of sunexposure at least once a week to build up that fundamental tan.

Best of luck
  15. #15 15th April 2013 
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply and experiences gingertan. That was a very reassuring read.

Im not too sure about tanning beds tbh. I live in the uk where many people use them quite frequently.

I will definitely look to get some exposure weekly prior to my trip. I have about three weeks so i'll aim for 4-6 sessions.

Would you recommend using the tanning beds as of now. Tonight i will have use 1mg is that a good stage to commence tanning beds in your opinion?

Also when on holiday, should i be concerned about being out in the sun for long-ish periods? I generally wont be sunbathing, more sort of seeing/doing things.
  16. #16 15th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: thank you gingertan, very insightful information!

Listen to your body, you'll learn the tanning beds in little time - going slow and avoiding the sunburn (& rapid-tan) are the critical points - I like the present aim, consider yourself clear for tanning
    No concerns on holiday - Sunscreen should protect the skin (however, without melanotan administrations in the system little tanning may occur - burning will produce redness vs dark melanin)
  17. #17 16th April 2013 
    Thanks

4-6 tannig sessions sounds good to build a little tan, so that you also will be able to get as much tan as possible from your holiday.

I will not recommend doses over 0.25 mg under any circumstances.

Be paitient with the 0.1 mg - 0.2 mg everyday. And do a little tanning, you WILL see results. Bumping to 1 mg will only give you sideeffects and a unatrual tan.

My belive is better with little melanotan and little tanning in sun/tanning in bed than alot of melanotan or alot of tanning. Find the perfect mix.

Remember, be paitent. You have 3 weeks. with 0.1-0.2 mg doses and 6 tanning sessions you will have big results already before your holiday I assure you!

Good luck
  18. #18 16th April 2013 
    Thanks

Thank you both for your replies and amazing information and reassurance.

There is no need to worry about me rushing things. I myself would like to use as little as possible for best effect and least sides. I will continue on with 200mcg daily both pre and post holiday and i will come back you yourselves on how to effectively run maintenance once i'm at a level i'm content with.

I will be looking to purchase some spf 30/tanning lotion today and will go for my first ever tanning session this week (but covering my face).
  19. #19 16th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: first post, looking for assistance with suitable mt2 dosing

Fantastic log thus far, keep it up bigt, more should follow your lead
    Good to be on the wavelength, gingertan is indeed an expert!
  20. #20 17th April 2013 
    Thanks

we (wife and I)used .025 injections and natural sun to get the darkest we* have ever been wish we had discovered this stuff tears earler, you sound like your on the right track as far as the amount, as for tanning beds others are more knowledge than i never using one .
    jim c