• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 5th April 2013 
    Thanks

Melanotan II & IPL Issue

Hello,
    I have recently started using Melanotan II, sadly it's made my freckles, sun spots and moles extremely black and visible, I don't like the way I look. I'm only 2 weeks in and have used about 7mg of Melanotan II along with about 3-4 tanning bed sessions.

Due to the breakout of black freckles, sun spots etc I decided to go to an IPL company, sadly I was denied IPL due to using a tanning bed several days earlier. The main reason I was denied was because I was on Melenotan II. They said I must not use Melanotan II anymore and let it exit my system allowing my skin to return to normal before a treatment can take place. Sadly the person handling the consultation didn't know how many weeks to months it would take before my skin would be in a suitable condition to under go IPL.

What I want to know is, how long after ceasing Melanotan II will I need to wait before I can use IPL safely?

Hopefully this all makes sense, any questions by all means ask away and I'll do my best to assist.

Thanks! ?
  2. #2 5th April 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan II & IPL Issue

Hello mundi, I started M2 a few days ago and I have to say that my freckles have gotten extremely dark and noticeable as well, definitely not the best look, but it was to be expected, I'm interested in an answer to queestion as well... also how were your sunbed results so far ? Have you tanned a lot ?
  3. #3 5th April 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan II & IPL Issue

I woulden"t freek out* and worry about the ilp right mow stay with the MT2 for a bit longer and see if the look dosen"t improve, as to the lignth of time to get the MT2 out of your system is not long it is a fragil peptide and* is not in the body that long , the effects of it* as far as skin pigmention can depending on your skin type take from* soime where between 2 to 6 mts to dissaper,and IMHO your giving your self way way to big of dose .
    jim c
  4. #4 7th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan II Sadness

"
    Hello,

I have recently started using Melenotan II, sadly it's made my freckles, sun spots and moles extremely black and visible, I don't like the way I look. I'm only 2 weeks in and have used about 7mg of Melanotan II along with about 3-4 tanning bed sessions.

Due to the breakout of black freckles, sun spots etc I decided to go to an IPL company, sadly I was denied IPL due to using a tanning bed several days earlier. The main reason I was denied was because I was on Melenotan II. They said I must not use Melanotan II anymore and let it exit my system allowing my skin to return to normal before a treatment can take place. Sadly the person handling the consultation didn't know how many weeks to months it would take before my skin would be in a suitable condition to under go IPL.

What I want to know is, how long after ceasing Melanotan II will I need to wait before I can use IPL safely?

Hopefully this all makes sense, any questions by all means ask away and I'll do my best to assist.

Thanks! ?
    "

Sadly?!?*
    Wow, thank goodness you landed in good hands mundi - they were absolutely right to refuse you IPL
    it'll be weeks-months before the consideration of laser therapy makes sense

I am hopeful you're experiencing the worst of the anxiety often created when pigment dramatically changes - depression and dropping the sadly phrase should phase out, hang in there - rest, relax and treat yourself to an exfoliating/anti-aging/cleansing facial at the spa - I must imagine your increased melanin is a thing of beauty