• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 25th February 2013 
    Thanks

My Melanotan Experience...Update.

Hey, I just want to give an update on my melanotan experience and maybe give some insight to the people who are planning on or are currently using MT-II.

My profile]
    I started using mt-ii in Oct. of 2011 taking small frequent doses of .25 mg once a day for about 3 or 4 weeks and then increased to 0.5mg. After about the 2nd week I started using tanning beds (medium intensity) 3 or 4 times a week gradually increasing the time per session (7 min the first few days up to 12 min and steady during and after the 2nd week of tanning). It wasn't until my second week of tanning that I noticed substantial results. Once I hit the one month mark I started to take 0.5 mg every other day and continued to notice my skin darkening. After three months I went into a maintenance phase and took between 0.5 mg and 1mg once or twice per week for another 7 months till about july 2012. I did not have any signifcant sides that were out of the ordinary and was able to maintain my tan throughout this period.

My sides included]
    It's now been about 7 months since last injecting and most side effects are now gone.* I've noticed changes to my skins texture and/or thicknes and my hair colour, quite suprisingly, has stayed dirty blonde/ light brown. Other than that, nothing else that is noticeable other than my gential area still being rather dark compared to before. However, I'm not sure whether or not this use has permanently affected my biological makeup but think it's worth mentioning.

That being said, if I compare pictures of prior and post mt use, it is pretty clear that Melanotan-II has effects on the epidermis of the skin which is most noticeable on the face. These include, as stated above]
    For the most part, I do not regret taking MT-II. Although I did experience some negative sides, I'm quite confident that these would subside or atleast significantly diminish if I were to continue to not use mt completely. Ultimately the pros outweigh the cons for me but feel that whoever may be deciding to or going through mt-ii use should due there due dillegence, listen to their body, and be aware of any abnormal side effects that may occour, and most definitely, should consult a proffesional if necessary.

Entirely, I believe that melanotan as a whole and when taken correctly, is a very beneficial substance that can improve ones quality of life. However, be aware that like most things in life, this is subjective and any research, thoughts, insight ect. regarding melanotan should be taken with a grain of salt until substantial evdience from a credible source has been presented. This, sadly, will most likely not happen anytime soon so it is up to the individual user ofcourse to make an educated decision.

Thanks and best of luck,

MelanotanMan
  2. #2 25th February 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan II Experience Now

Wonderful updates and perspective MelanotanMan, thank you for sharing in detail!

Upon starting therapy with MT-2, how did you decide on the dosage? Coming from a shorter, more pale and heavier skin type 1 (naturally) w/ strawberry-blond hair I commend & passionately advocate your strategy
    How did you first take note of the results? Were you surprised? Any particular goals or expectations for the experimentation?

If/when you resume melanotan peptide usage, what will you change? Sunless tanning feasible? Are there noticeable long-term areas where melanin remains dark, such as the back/arms (genitals have an abundance of protective melanocytes...common to darken and fade slowly when exposed to UVR+MSH)?
    Besides low dosages upon initiating, did you try use of anti-histamine to counter side effects from excess?

3. #3 25th February 2013 
    Thanks

Re: My Melanotan Experience...Update.

You’re very welcome, and I appreciate the comment/reply, but more importantly, thank you for your initial help and advice. Without it, I would’ve not had the same confidence to perhaps even try mt-ii or in the process to “stick it out”, as some may say. What you’ve done with this forum is next to no other mt blog that I’m aware of, and am glad to see that even to this day you continue to help people who either use or are interested in melanotan. So again, Thank you.

Anyway, on to your questions… With regards to the dosage - Initially it really came down to what I felt was safe and was based off some of the research that I done through forums, articles, clinical findings ect. As the “experiment” went on I didn’t feel it was necessary to administer mt at the same rate due to the results given and so I decided to lower the frequency ( beginning the “maintenance phase”), however, slightly increased the dosage amount since my tolerance had increased.

As far as dark spots go, I have one small dot on my face as well as what I had stated before with the darkening of the genital area. Nothing other than that…Very few freckles, I have a couple birthmarks that have not been affected, and have neither moles nor sun spots.

I didn’t use any anti-histamines and I think this was because I wanted to truly get a feel for the chemicals that were entering my body. I’m a strong believer in listening to the body, so to speak, and felt this was a more accurate approach rather than supplementing with an anti-inflammatory that I would not intend on using for extended periods.

I do plan on resuming usage in the near future since I’ll be travelling Southeast Asia for 6 months. Which raises a question…Do you think I’ll have any trouble bringing mt-ii as well as syringes over certain borders? Not sure whether or not it will even come up at customs or if they would have to be followed by some sort of medical documentation and or proof of product…]
  4. #4 25th February 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Great Melanotan Peptide Experience

Ambassadors like MelanotanMan provide hope for Melanotan users worldwide. Appreciate your kind words, I sincerely hope the forum here promotes protection & reaches ideal candidates for best results.

Freak shows, drive-by media/journalism and lacking clinical/long-term data...just some of the reasons to be nervous about unapproved peptides.

Good thing is the headlines be damned, quality products have been widely available (for better part of the decade now) - with the unfortunate exception of the Australians who deal with most hassle to safely utilize/import research chemicals....
    Fortunately, the harm misuse and abuse from melanotans is minimal...
    Melanotan users go unknown, nobody should know about the use (besides the rare dermatological exception) - a natural tan (within assumed natural parameters) created with assistance from melanocyte-stimulating hormone MT-2 should look like a healthy tan built up over time (secret being your tan required significantly less time and damage to create protective melanin within the skin) - friends, family and co-workers will want to know how pale folks flip the switch & create a rapid beautiful vacation-color while in the office during most sunshine (don't tell, haha!)
    Tanning injections are quite extreme, there are many major considerations for all prospective users to be aware. I hope to toss out as many words of caution as possible...however redundant and boring it may be (sorry audience, beg your pardon!). Life-changing stories of passion make for the best reading imo. Anytime we can share user journals, logs and reflections from veterans - truly valued information ]Specifically about dosing, I like to point out that dated-dosing charts are completely dangerous and n/a. Male or female, 100-200lbs...low dosing, building tolerance first & implementing photo-therapy to gain photo-protection (over weeks-months) is basic outline for successful strategy (assuming tanning is primary objective for most interested parties...). Beauty marks will darken, appear (seemingly out of nowhere) and evolve - interesting that in some, birthmarks disappear...blending into the canvas - very neat the current science/development surrounding vitilago patients....
    Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on the anti-histamine usage, I tend to agree with your stance (however as I age I become more allergic...)
    Traveling with mt-2 should not be an issue. Bringing a vial, supplies/etc in the checked bag should work. Unlabeled product, pre-mixed could work...many ways to keep the diabetic supply on the down-low - melanotan II is so durable, during trips i've often used products outside of refridgeration for weeks - good luck in advance!
    Now with the first round of therapy under your belt (and given your naturally fair skin type), is Melanotan 1 a consideration? MT-1 will be weak (at best) for tanning...however can be about side-effect free and offer that back from vacation glow...a thought for future maintenance at the very least* 8)
  5. #5 27th February 2013 
    Thanks

Re: My Melanotan Experience...Update.

To be honest, I haven't done much research on melanotan-I. so I know little about it. I do know, however, that there is a significant drop in potency compared to mt-ii, (something to do with the amino acid chain being shorter) making it less affective. The availibilty is also quite slim from what I've read (whether this has to do with demand or frabication - I'm not sure) and it seems to be considerably more expensive.

I've had moderate success with mt-ii, so I dont see the reason to make the switch...

Although if you can shed some light on mt-i i.e. availabilty, difference in sides, cost ect. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.
  6. #6 27th February 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan 1 Experience...Discussion

Completely understandable to find less info on Melanotan I. I think the demand for MT-1 is somewhere around 5% that of MT-2 ...as you know MT-2 is cheaper, lasts longer & has greater durability - You're right to stick w/ the MT-II*

If available, Melanotan 1 (say, one vial per 50mg of MT-2 purchased) is nice when desired results are more subtle/user-friendly. Moreover the aphrodisiac effects and appetite suppression are not present - sometimes in the office setting mt-1 can provide/extend that vacation glow/tan created by tanning + mt-2* 8)