• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 4th January 2013 
    Thanks

Is darkening actually a bad thing?

Hey all

I have been doing some reading but cannot seem to find a 100% definite answer.

My family do not know I have taken melanotan (Done one 10MG vial currently, gone from pasty to a healthy golden shade!) and are increasingly concerned about a mole on my back and one on my chest, both which I've had all my life but obviously with this new Peptide have become incredibly dark.. Is this actually of concern or is it perfectly normal with the peptide and nothing to be worried about?

I will still probably visit a doctor but inform him of the peptide I guess!

Give me your thoughts
  2. #2 5th January 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Is darkening actually a bad thing?

Hey,

Surprised you haven't read an answer this one to be quite honest! Any ways, yes it's quite common for pre-existing moles to darken (even go black). Of course it's always best to go check with your skin doctor but I wouldn't be too concerned about it as it happens to most people.
  3. #3 5th January 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan use has darkened skin pigmentation?

"
    Surprised you haven't read an answer this one to be quite honest! Any ways, yes it's quite common for pre-existing moles to darken (even go black). Of course it's always best to go check with your skin doctor but I wouldn't be too concerned about it as it happens to most people.
    "
    Absolutely, definitely keep a doctor visit in mind for a time in the next year...advisable practice for safe use imo, more so for the most sensitive, pale skin (at high risk for skin cancer, living indoors or colored with silly-looking sunless tanning smelly mess...ha, no thank you mystic tan trend of '05 (they still in business? spray tanning companies really exist, offering value to folks at a profit?) - otherwise continue to keep the unqualified family removed from the vial of melanotan use concerns - a professional derm may also have little clue, this subject matter and common objective is quite the unique proposition - when will the prevention education messages improve is what i would enjoy having a read on - simple fact of life is telling a segment of the population to not see the sun, or tan... plant the opposite in the youth - convince tanning (sunburn) is not cool by sharing a story...when mom/dad has tattoos and skin cancer...white lie to dampen the subject, not meaning anything but love and support to those with tats and cancer - Peace & help when possible on delivery of 100% definite answers for great concerns with dark protective melanin rapidly developing photo-protection barrier*
  4. #4 5th January 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Is darkening actually a bad thing?

my moles darkened* too and also my age spots but there was no* change in the size or shape of the moles* so as stated don,t think you have any worries but for you own piece of mind i would have a check out on them.
    jim c
  5. #5 6th January 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Is the act of darkening skin bad?

Kayexem, the wife and I have had a few moles removed over the years - thought I would re-visit & mention
    Plastic surgery and melanotan use are often timed apart from one another - good times to cease tanning