• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 11th December 2012 
    Thanks

A past user of melanotan 2 - long term effects?

Hi all.
    Around 2 years ago I used a high quality source of melanotan 2 from melanotanmagic who i'm sure everyone has heard of (sorry I hope I am allowed to mention the name on here). I think the purity was either 98 or 99% but it was so long ago now I cannot remember.

Anyway, I was taking the recommended dose (whatever that was according to my thorough research back then) over a period of 4-5 weeks. Sadly for me I got an awful colour change (orange in colour which was disastrous) - maybe something to do with my dark ginger hair colour and complexion. Despite trying to correct it by going out in the sun more it remained and I had to stop use. It took a good 2-3 months for my skin colour to return to normal - I guess the lesson is that MT2 just does not suit some folk.

Anyway, fortunately I cannot remember having any negative side effects other than the darkening of a few moles, some minor flushing and this unfortunate colour change. My question is whether I should be worried that in 10,20 or so years time I should expect any unwanted side effects or anything dangerous to my health? My guess is hopefully not considering it was just a peptide and I only used it for a short term period? Any studies to say this, or are they all OK for now?

Kind regards from an always anxious 24 year old
  2. #2 12th December 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: A past user of melanotan 2 - now concerned by side effects

No need for concern, you're right & alright - the peptide hormone use does not offer long term data (however I trust the safety of the melanocortins)
  3. #3 13th December 2012 
    Thanks

Re: A past user of melanotan 2 - now concerned with any potential long term effects.

Thanks for the reply. Are there any developments in terms of this MT2 gaining approval for medical use in the future? I suppose that would demonstrate its safety (or believed safety).
  4. #4 14th December 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: A past melanotan 2 user - now concerned with effects long term

"
    Thanks for the reply. Are there any developments in terms of this MT 2 gaining approval for medical use in the future? I suppose that would demonstrate its safety (or believed safety).
    "

No, there will not be further developments anywhere for melanotan 2 worldwide (unfortunately) - currently bremelanotide pt-141 is the similar melanocortin with ongoing clinical testing - unsure how much more testing will occur, would not bet it's positioned all too well* :-\
  5. #5 17th December 2012 
    Thanks

Re: A past melanotan 2 user - now concerned with effects long term

"
    No, there will not be further developments anywhere for melanotan 2 worldwide (unfortunately) - currently bremelanotide pt-141 is the similar melanocortin with ongoing clinical testing - unsure how much more testing will occur, would not bet it's positioned all too well* ]"

Ah ok i see. But you don't think from my use for just a matter of a few weeks or so - I should have any long-term problems such as it actually causing malignant skin problems or other types of cancer? That was my main concern. I know it was just a peptide and that where I got it from it should have been of pretty much the highest purity possible.
  6. #6 17th December 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: A past melanotan peptide user concerns

"
    Ah ok i see. But you don't think from my use for just a matter of a few weeks or so - I should have any long-term problems such as it actually causing malignant skin problems or other types of cancer? That was my main concern. I know it was just a peptide and that where I got it from it should have been of pretty much the highest purity possible.
    "
    I see absolutely no issue experimenting a few weeks exposing the healthy body to synthetic hormones to offer short-term photo-protection benefit, long term results and malignant concerns are a delicate subj - it's up to the individual to decide is safe-tanning therapy is possible and/or realistic & complimentary (lower skin types receive most dramatic results ). goal for melanotan use is to protect, stimulate cells w/ help from bio-technology harmful uvr damaging skin cells - rest assured the past usage of the tan jab has caused no harm to your melanocortin receptors or system