• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 18th August 2014 
    Thanks

How long is it safe to use MT2?

I´m 80days and 38mg in. Will go to 50mg. I'm type-I and some bodyparts are still not tanned. I pin 500mcg/ed.
    I wanted to just continue throughout the winter, but how long is it safe to use MT2?
  2. #2 18th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: How long is it safe to use MT2?

Odd that you're not tanning after 38mg. How frequently do you get UV exposure?

Most people have no issue with long term usage Melanotan*, the forum owner has been using it for many years and is still getting results.
    (http://melanotanforum.com/melanotan-...to-dose-again/)

It may be due to the variance in method; Melanotan uses the slow and steady approach while thatredditguy was using large doses.

Tom

*(I keep referencing him, and I do apologise, but he has been using it for a long time and has very concise logs :p)
  3. #3 18th August 2014 
    Thanks

been using for 3 and 1/2 years higher doses in summer most of the time .250 every day* go to lower* in cold weather like .250 every two to three days have never noticed a lessening of effects as of yet keep about 70 to 75 % of tan through winter* darken right up in summer.
  4. #4 18th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

24 x sunshine at the beach
    11 x sunbed
    -----------
    35 x sun spread over 80 days.

Upper chest, neck and face, balls, are not tanned. All other bodyparts have a good tan.

I am continuing with 500mcg/ED up to 50mg total, and going to the sunbed every second day.
  5. #5 18th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    been using for 3 and 1/2 years higher doses in summer most of the time .250 every day* go to lower* in cold weather like .250 every two to three days have never noticed a lessening of effects as of yet keep about 70 to 75 % of tan through winter* darken right up in summer.
    "

impressive result* 8)
  6. #6 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    "

24 x sunshine at the beach
    11 x sunbed
    -----------
    35 x sun spread over 80 days.

Upper chest, neck and face, balls, are not tanned. All other bodyparts have a good tan.

I am continuing with 500mcg/ED up to 50mg total, and going to the sunbed every second day.
    "

Quite odd, may be a bad product - but everyone is different.
    Are you getting other sides?
    If you want the other parts to catch up you can cover your darker areas while tanning.
  7. #7 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Quite odd, may be a bad product - but everyone is different.
    Are you getting other sides?
    "

Absolut no side effects. My Freckles are even not darkened. So this is very satisfactory.
  8. #8 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

No flushing/nausea?

Sounds like bad product in that case. If you're getting absolutely nothing from it, it's the most likely option.

Tom
  9. #9 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Most people have no issue with long term usage Melanotan*, the forum owner has been using it for many years and is still getting results.
    (http://melanotanforum.com/melanotan-...to-dose-again/)

It may be due to the variance in method; Melanotan uses the slow and steady approach while thatredditguy was using large doses.

Tom
    *(I keep referencing him, and I do apologise, but he has been using it for a long time and has very concise logs ]"
  10. #10 20th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Long-Term Use of Melanotan II for Tanning
    By Bill Roberts

Q]
    A]
    Melanotan II works by stimulating the alpha-melanocyte receptor, which promotes formation of melanin in response to sun exposure. When a substantial amount of MT-II has been taken within recent “memory” of the skin cells, an individual tans as if he were a genetically darker type.

Some find MT-II unsuitable for them because of development of moles, or because of uneven skin darkening. But for most it works very well with no problems, including when used long term.

A possible additional side effect is greater tendency to developing an erection, typically beginning several hours after taking the drug. Depending on the individual, dosing may need to be at least 1 mg for this to occur. I’d recommend against exceeding 2 mg at a time. For those specifically seeking this effect, bremelanotide (PT-141) would be another option. It’s reported to share MT-II’s pro-erectile effect, but with no effect on tanning.

Melanotan II has an initial loading phase, and – if desired – a maintenance phase after that. Or, its effect can be allowed to slowly wear off over a period of months, and loading can be repeated.

Usually, 10-30mg total use is required during the loading phase, with paler individuals requiring more than relatively darker individuals. It’s best to start with very low dosage, such as only .25 mg per day, and then work up if desired. Many can tolerate 2mg/day, but it’s possible that risk increases with such use, and it usually should not be necessary to load up that fast. Even .5mg/day will allow loading with 30mg in only two months, or 1mg/day will allow that much loading in just 30 days.

To maintain the same tanning ability, ongoing per-year usage after this needs to be about 2-3 times the loading dosage, as an estimate. So for example if you needed 30mg of loading to get the result you want, to maintain it you might need about 60-90mg total Melanotan II over the course of the year. You’d already have injected 30 mg of that, so there would be 30-60mg (typically three to six vials) remaining to inject over the next 11 months.

You could be very precise and figure this as 2.72 – 5.45mg/month or .09 – .18mg/day. But there’s no need to do that. Instead, it would be fine to figure it as a vial per 2-4 months. Once starting on a vial, it could be injected at an amount such as .5mg/day until the vial is finished.

This is easier than having to inject it at all the time, and gives equivalent results.

The frequency of starting maintenance vials can be varied according to personal judgment of effect. There’s no problem with underestimating, or even with going a year or more without maintenance, because it’s always easy to catch back up.

Of course, sun is still required to get a tan. MT-II facilitates tanning, but does not directly cause it.
  11. #11 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    The Long-Term Use of Melanotan II for Tanning
    By Bill Roberts

Q]
    A]
    Melanotan II works by stimulating the alpha-melanocyte receptor, which promotes formation of melanin in response to sun exposure. When a substantial amount of MT-II has been taken within recent “memory” of the skin cells, an individual tans as if he were a genetically darker type.

Some find MT-II unsuitable for them because of development of moles, or because of uneven skin darkening. But for most it works very well with no problems, including when used long term.

A possible additional side effect is greater tendency to developing an erection, typically beginning several hours after taking the drug. Depending on the individual, dosing may need to be at least 1 mg for this to occur. I’d recommend against exceeding 2 mg at a time. For those specifically seeking this effect, bremelanotide (PT-141) would be another option. It’s reported to share MT-II’s pro-erectile effect, but with no effect on tanning.

Melanotan II has an initial loading phase, and – if desired – a maintenance phase after that. Or, its effect can be allowed to slowly wear off over a period of months, and loading can be repeated.

Usually, 10-30mg total use is required during the loading phase, with paler individuals requiring more than relatively darker individuals. It’s best to start with very low dosage, such as only .25 mg per day, and then work up if desired. Many can tolerate 2mg/day, but it’s possible that risk increases with such use, and it usually should not be necessary to load up that fast. Even .5mg/day will allow loading with 30mg in only two months, or 1mg/day will allow that much loading in just 30 days.

To maintain the same tanning ability, ongoing per-year usage after this needs to be about 2-3 times the loading dosage, as an estimate. So for example if you needed 30mg of loading to get the result you want, to maintain it you might need about 60-90mg total Melanotan II over the course of the year. You’d already have injected 30 mg of that, so there would be 30-60mg (typically three to six vials) remaining to inject over the next 11 months.

You could be very precise and figure this as 2.72 – 5.45mg/month or .09 – .18mg/day. But there’s no need to do that. Instead, it would be fine to figure it as a vial per 2-4 months. Once starting on a vial, it could be injected at an amount such as .5mg/day until the vial is finished.

This is easier than having to inject it at all the time, and gives equivalent results.

The frequency of starting maintenance vials can be varied according to personal judgment of effect. There’s no problem with underestimating, or even with going a year or more without maintenance, because it’s always easy to catch back up.

Of course, sun is still required to get a tan. MT-II facilitates tanning, but does not directly cause it.
    "
    Thanks for the post / follow up.
    My comments were mostly about Wolfie and myself. He has taken it for years
    (maybe as long as 10 or more?)
    At the levels I have used I was to the point where two back to back level 3+
    tanning booth sessions would not burn. Ie I doubt there would be enough sun
    on a given day to get that much UV.
    Hoping to start back up in next 14days or so btw!
  12. #12 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

Great, sir
  13. #13 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "

German Wolffi, the king of melanotan. How much inject this man? 1 or 2 mg/day?
  14. #14 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

German Wolffi, the king of melanotan. How much inject this man? 1 or 2 mg/day?
    "
    Part would depend on body mass of course.
    And to some degree, u/v.
    I'm just guessing that he did 2+mg/day for quite a while to get that
    dark, and maybe .5-1mg every few days to keep it.
    The old site had his logs, in german so it was hard to follow and I think
    all of that data was lost ](fwiw I think I got darker, have you seen?)
    (pm me and I'll share log pics)
  15. #15 22nd August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    I think I got darker, have you seen?
    "

Yes, but wolffi was darkest* 8)
  16. #16 23rd August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

"
    Really?
  17. #17 23rd August 2014 
    Thanks

[quote]
    Yes* ;D
  18. #18 23rd August 2014 
    Thanks

Ok so I have some catching up to do!!
    (game on!)
  19. #19 24th August 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

"

either way, you both are extreme receptors and have pushed the limit of what the peptide can offer.

To the original poster I would find another supplier and try them for a month and see if your results are the same. It is very odd that your freckles haven't darkened or you genitals.
  20. #20 25th August 2014 
    Thanks

"

To the original poster I would find another supplier and try them for a month and see if your results are the same. It is very odd that your freckles haven't darkened or you genitals.
    "

I will.
    My Melanotan experiment has to be against my expectation after finishing 40mg. Experts have said the face, genitals and freckles going darkest - but with me is the brightest. The rest of my body is light golden brown, but should have been dark brown with all the sun I have taken.
    The freckles are almost completely fused with the skin tone now. I've got less than 10 moles and they are flat and not as ugly as if they were elevated, black and hairy.
    So I would conclude that Melanotan from my source has worked, but much milder than expected and I'm satisfied with the color of the body after 3 month of use.
    I can conclude that Melanotan has had an effect and has worked very slowly and safely at me without serious side effects, and I will continue the experiment.