• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 8th November 2012 
    Thanks

Melanotan Questions

Hey Melanotan,
    First off I just want to give a big thank you for the very valuable information here, I've lurked these forums for a good 3 weeks now (everyday) and feel as though you deserve more credit than you get. So I'll speak for all the past and future MT2 users, thanks brother! I really appreciate it.

I'm personally not yet using MT2 but will be, within a short period of time. Little background about myself, my name is Jake, live in sunny Australia and have low type 2 skin. My question to you is because I noticed you are a gym goer yourself and I'm (definitely mirin your physique) concerned about the appetite suppressing side effects that may or may not come with MT2. Forever bulking under eater reporting in... I find that I already struggle to intake enough clean calories and having that suppressed effect will only just make my goals harder to reach. Although I'm still very determined to use MT2 with low dosages.

2 Questions]
    1) With your experience or of anyone else's experience, do you find the appetite suppression effect to be really that bad? Would it just be a more mind over matter thing? Or perhaps it ends up going away after the first few initial doses?

2) Did you find that your freckles ever blended into your tan or does the ratio stay the same eg. tanner your skin gets, freckles gets darker as well. I think I remember you mentioning that you didn't have that many freckles which made you a pretty good candidate for MT2 but I thought I'd still ask in case you may have read anyone elses experiences with it.

I plan to dose low and have been thinking of getting some sun pretty much as soon as I start to help spread the melanin.. I don't 100% know if this plan is viable or if im sounding stupid, forgive if so. With my skin tone, I have a decent amount of freckles only on places that have ever bathed in sun (arms and face) body and legs don't concern me. I find the freckles darken within 10 minutes after sun easily even without MT2, however this doesn't bother me if my tan may help blend later on, freckling also tends to get less dark within an hour or two after exposure (its really quick). I can tan also, just takes as long as a type 2 (few weeks of good sun).

Enough about me and my rambling. In the end I just wanted to thank you for the help you've given people here. Much respect!
    Jake
  2. #2 8th November 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Question for Chris

Thank you J, appreciate your praise & best of luck with your goals - much admiration for your beautiful country brother, enjoy the sun this summer!

Very interesting topic with advanced questions - happy to share my findings and offer advice you may not necessarily have asked for... Allow me to put your mind at ease right away and state that MT2 (w/ low doses) will not hinder your gains.
    A couple tricks to success with bulking while on melanotan 2 would be to adhere to scheduled feedings and consider low dose GHRP (GHRP-2 for example). The tanning injections are complimented well by the growth hormone releasing peptide - the GHRP-6 has an even greater influence on ghrelin/eating - MT-2 can indeed alter the signalling and effect one's appetite (good to have awareness and be able to work around obstacles imho). GHRP peptides are often a ticket for those not exposed/accustomed to over-eating, an fyi to keep on the radar* 8)

Good thing about the melanotan peptides is that the body does rapidly desensitize to side-effects such as nausea and feeding (preferences, timing etc...which are dose dependent for certain). There is so much variation between researchers it can become difficult to forecast how mt-2 will effect an individual. For some, the energy balance can increase...for others, the peptide can be draining (often when combined with photo-therapy or tanning). Early on, if you find mt-2 to be getting in the way of results... be sure to time the injection according to desired lifestyle. To use mt-2 to lower the appetite, consider dosing on an empty tank... visa versa, dose mt-2 before a quick calorie dense meal to avoid much of the effect.* Be aware, that often the body seeks balance...when the signals favor not eating...there can be a rebound where you'll over-consume.
    Original melanotan 1 is something to consider for a skin type 2 gentlemen who would like to avoid much of the sensation from the mt-2 - results from the cyclic mt2 product can be shocking...both products however being life-changing (& amazing)!* MT1 at worse can lead to brief nausea, whereas mt-2 can come and go for hours (making it almost recommended to have nausea pills and/or cannabis nearby...). MT1 requires weeks/months before results set in...mt-2 use can rapidly accelerate results to be noticed in days (generally weeks however).

Switching gears to the pigmentation side specifically, I find that my type 1 skin blended well over time. My natural fair skin tone, when tanned, hid birth-marks and enough freckles/moles to be thrilling/shocking. There are always a handful of darker freckles to contend with (fortunately I have had little experience with abusing my lips, under-eyes, genitalia, etc). In 2012 I can point to a once dark(er) / darkened freckle on my neck and forearm - otherwise there are zero stresses shared by myself, wife and/or dermatologist/plastic surgeon. Mostly the evolution of dark pigmentation can be countered by being in tune w/ the body & using clothing, sun & skin protection in tandem to melanotan. Beware of course that the upper trunk will change the quickest...including the genitals, as the region is known to contain an abundance of melanocytes. Always avoid tanning the face, lips, scars and tats (if applicable) is some of my beat to death lame words of caution....
    Mind over matter indeed comes into play for those who jump into MT-2, desensitize & then integrate sun tanning into the mix ASAP. Expect to freak out or have loved ones, professionals and/or co-workers to express concern after a couple weeks of mt2. The newly developed vacation tan should hopefully appear super-physiologic (as compared to foolish abuse of melanotans or sunless tanning products will leave users looking more radioactive vs superhuman...) - good to be prepared to dial in the time spent at the gym & avoid questions and comments from the peanut gallery (fat folks will compliment your white teeth and apparent weight loss...even when bulking & not whiting teeth...amazing things can occur while on the melanocortins).

Much respect for your diligence jake, you are well prepared it seems for success. Further advice would be to first seek results such as a jet-black 5 o'clock shadow (see the melanin alterations set in...withing the hair and skin). Enjoy the beaches after a few weeks of playing around with measuring and dosing melanotan 2. Given the intensity of the UV down under, less is more...and slow is better... Us in the USA have a hard time relating to your environment (solarium use worldwide also seems to vary) - after time, the melanotan injections should lead to an all-over sunless & systemic tan - strange to share how the melanotans eventually work to eliminate tan-lines (and harmful exposure often required for protective tans in those sensitive...). Good luck, please keep the questions coming - appreciate you!!!
  3. #3 8th November 2012 
    Thanks

Re: Question for Chris

Always go above and beyond with your answers! Very valuable information here. Thank you so much Chris. I will certainly do a before and after log soon which will be useful for those that find they have the same if not similar skin type to me.

Thanks again, J