• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 12th September 2012 
    Thanks

How come Melanotan II didn't work?

Hi,
    Some time ago I ordered a 10 mg vial of melanotan II from NAT and did daily subcutaneous injections of 0.5 mg per day. However, after 12 days of consistent, daily injections (for a total of 6 mg), I had had absolutely no effects whatsoever. To see if I could jump start the tanning process and get some kind of effect before I ran out (I was merely trying to make sure NAT wasn't a scam with the 10 mg vial before ordering a larger amount), I decided to up my dose to 1 mg per day until the remaining 4 mg was gone. Unfortunately, I still did not get any effects. Sort of. Upon taking my final injection, it was a fairly hot and very clear day, so I decided to lay out in direct sunlight in a bikini to see if I could give it one last shot to encourage some effect to come on finally. After about two hours of this, I was quite red, but although I did get slightly darker in the following days, whether it was simply a normal tan or was really due to the melanotan II I have no idea. Some three to four weeks later or so my skin was completely back to its normal color and I haven't bothered to experiment with melanotan II at all again since.

In any case, I decided to give it another shot, and am preparing to order another vial of melanotan II as we speak. However, I thought I'd talk to you guys here about my previous apparent failure with it before doing so.

What went wrong? Did I not use enough? Did I not use it for long enough? Did I not get enough sunlight exposure? I thought you didn't need any concurrent sunlight exposure to get a tan from melanotan II? Etc.

Some background info/other things I should probably note to help you guys answer these questions]'"[ul]\n".self]', '', '
    [li]I live in California, and it was late fall/early winter at the time.[/li]
    [li] I was getting virtually no sunlight exposure whatsoever at the time (literally; I probably didn't leave my house a single time during the ~16 day trial).[/li]
    [li] Yes, I am positive that I was doing the injections correctly. I have some background in this (e.g., insulin injections for relatives, others) and have never had any issues before.[/li]
    [li] My skin type is either I or II, but probably II (light-medium brown hair with a hint of red, and although I usually do burn, I do tan somewhat as well), and I am very, very pale (due to getting hardly any sunlight exposure namely, but also because my genes seem to predispose me to paleness). Also, I don't know how noteworthy it is, but skin cancer runs in my family, with both my father and my grandfather having had it repeatedly and my father having developed it by as early as his 30s.[/li]
    [li]I recall having some side effects, such as flushing and slight nausea. But no sexual side effects of any kind (although I should probably note that I'm a girl, and hence, it might be a bit different for us compared to guys).[/li]
    ').'")."\n[/ul]"'Finally, a few more questions. How much should I order this time (again, just trying to get an effect first)? 20 mg? 30 mg?? How should my dosing schedule go? 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, or 2.0 mg per day? Once a day, twice a day, or every other day? Etc. How much sun exposure should I get? I get a lot more now than I used to, but should I make an effort to get even more? Should I go to a tanning salon? Etc. And finally, should I order from NAT again, or would you guys recommend ordering from another vendor? NAT seems fairly well-established, so I don't think they're a scam, but then again I really don't know a whole lot about this market at all.
    Thanks.
  2. #2 12th September 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan II didn't work? How come?

Thank you el3ctr0nika, great info - sorry to read of the lackluster melanotan 2 results

Given your experience, goals, genetics & environment I would test to see if another round of Melanotan II (from a different supplier) will be efficacious. You have done your diligence and glad you reported the sunless story. Early on (particularly) melanotan peptides may deliver marginal value when sunshine is out of the equation (also given 10mg total small amount), melanotan is a poor sunless tanner (when a tan is desired/needed) on one hand & a tool to maintain/stimulate a tan/pigment once established (sorry for the confusion!). New vial, pre-load insulin syringes and aim to have 25-30 about equal dosages from next mt-2 10mg. Dosing when convenient (daily, twice daily...or every other day) & dosing low (when beginning) & dosing before exposure (mt-2 most effective in body for a couple hours & is your window of opportunity to attain best tanning results when on tanning injections).
  3. #3 13th September 2012 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan II from NewAgeTan didn't work? How come?

"Thank you el3ctr0nika, great info - sorry to read of the lackluster melanotan 2 results."

"You have done your diligence and glad you reported the sunless story."

Thanks, and you're welcome. And I'm hopeful my next trial will be better. ]
    "Given your experience, goals, genetics & environment I would test to see if another round of Melanotan II (from a different supplier) will be efficacious."

Alrightie. That's what I'll do. ^^

"Early on (particularly) melanotan peptides may deliver marginal value when sunshine is out of the equation (also given 10mg total small amount), melanotan is a poor sunless tanner (when a tan is desired/needed) on one hand & a tool to maintain/stimulate a tan/pigment once established (sorry for the confusion!)."

I see. It does make sense that melanotan II and sunlight exposure would act synergistically together. Since I'm getting much more of the latter now, we'll see how things go this time.

"New vial, pre-load insulin syringes and aim to have 25-30 about equal dosages from next mt-2 10mg."

25-30? So about 0.3 to 0.4 mg per shot. Gotcha. Or would 0.25 mg per be fine?

"Dosing when convenient (daily, twice daily...or every other day) & dosing low (when beginning)"

I'm slightly confused. You say "25-30 about equal dosages" but then you say "dosing low (when beginning)". Hence, the former states that the dose should stay the same throughout, whereas the latter implies that the dose should be increased over time. Which do you recommend? And if the latter, how would you suggest going about that?

"& dosing before exposure (mt-2 most effective in body for a couple hours & is your window of opportunity to attain best tanning results when on tanning injections)."

Will do.

Right now I'm thinking start with 0.25 mg once daily, then after one week go up to 0.5 mg once daily, then after one more week go up to 1 mg once daily until the vial is empty. How does that sound? Would would you personally recommend?

Thanks again~