• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 15th July 2012 
    Thanks

What kind of tanning results can I expect dosing Melanotan?

Hi Melanotanhq, I've been doing quite a lot of research into MTII and am thinking about trying it.

I'm 160 lbs Type I-II skin I believe. I don't get much sun, but here in southeast US I mow my lawn shirtless and don't get a tan at all. I do, however, have a slight color difference on the back of my neck/forearms compared to the rest of my body.

I have a large flat mole on my thigh, other than I just have a few tiny flat moles (or freckles?) on my arms.

I don't really want to be very brown, just a light sand-colored tan would be fine. I'll be fine with anything outside of the "pale" spectrum though.

With that said and due to seeing the experiences (both good/bad) of others, I've decided to be super conservative with my dosing strategy. Will I still see results?

My plan is..
    Vial 1]Vial 2: Dose 100 mcg/day until finished
    Vial 3]
    Thanks for any information you can provide. Also appreciate you making this website to allow us to become informed before diving head first.
  2. #2 15th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: What kind of results with dosing melanotan?

Good day Norgbert, thanks for your diligence - very helpful to others & great question!
    I enjoy the opportunity to dose (low) MT-II prior to mowing the yard shirtless (typically with hat, sunglasses and sunscreen on face,neck, arms, scars & tattoos...for personal photo-therapy rational) also* 8)

Interested to hear your desired tone/goals - given your preference to a sand-colored tan, Melanotan 1 might offer value/results
    Problem with Melanotan 2 is that it often works TOO well (becoming quite the commitment to undertake). MT-2 has the ability to produce eumelanin in fair skin types...the lighter melanin concentrations can be aided w/ the lesser-potent melanotropin (original melanotan one)

Likely melanotan 1 use can leave folks remorseful - lacking or delayed results often are not what researchers seek when injecting tanning hormone - 10mg melanotan 1 is not very much...whereas 10mg Melanotan 2 is powerful - fyi! Melanotan 2 is also much cheaper (shouldn't be a concern imho, however is for many)
    Possibly, MT-1 dosed moderately (w/ fair amount of patience) or MT-2 micro-dosed can leave the skin w/ a healthy back from vacation style glow (given minimal tanning/exposure)

With your sun-damage you would indeed be a candidate for either peptide - given the commitment to seek dermatologist supervision (they don't necessarily need to know about melanotan...as likely they do not anyhow) and to protect the areas w/ SPF
    Hope some of the above perspective is helpful, please follow up w/ further questions
  3. #3 15th July 2012 
    Thanks

Re: What kind of results can I get with this dosing sched?

Thank you very much for your reply!

I'm 22 and just got back to the states after 10 months teaching English in Korea. Currently hunting for a job so cost is a bit of an issue though I saved quite a lot of money overseas! I admit my motivation for opting for MT2 over MT1 is due to the value I could get from stretching a single vial over 3-4 months* ;D.

Do you believe that even with a micro-dose everyday of MT2 (50 mcg/day) there is still the possibility of having shocking results? That is some potent stuff* ]
    My mother is a diabetic so I have a lot of experience with needles and drawing specific amounts of a solution into a syringe.

I understand that when combining a melanotropin with UVR-exposure it is pertinent to cover sensitive areas such as the face, neck, and genitals. I plan to be very committed and not be rash with my usage of this peptide.

Your perspective was indeed very helpful! I will definitely schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to get an idea of how healthy my skin is. Thank you!

4. #4 15th July 2012 
    Thanks

Hi,
    Firstly we sound very similar in build and skin makeup, all my life I have had to protect against sun and always burnt and never tanned not even slightly.* I heard about MT2 last year,* totally changed my life, in 42 years I now have a lovely natural tan, thanks to MT2,
    My doseage I began on the 10 day loading, 1ml a day, for the first 3 days I felt so sick, make sure you have eaten when you inject this does make a difference, then i found the 2ml a week, in one injection again caused the sickness so I inject twice a week 1ml. To maintain your tan I have found you dont need to inject weekly unless you want the just got back of holiday look, for the natural look injecting twice a month, even stopping for 4 months, I began the cycle again of loading up and found you dont need to inject as much the second time, then sun bed to begin to gain your tan every 2-3 days, 8 mins on lay down, 6 mins standup using a tingle cream, then reducing to just one a week or fortnight now to maintain the tan, hope this helps,
  5. #5 15th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: What kind of Melanotan tanning results can I get?

vanessa knows best & much respect for the research/planning Norgbert!*

I like the planned derm visit - should certainly give perspective and clarity. Had anything require removal, 3-6 months or so can be enough time to heal scars and evaluate usage from there.

I do indeed believe in focusing on the microgram measurement, administration and focus with potent MT-2 leads to success stories.* Many overdose and piss away the bulk of the peptide...making themselves sick (congested, lethargic, foolish looking, etc....). A clear shortcoming of the research peptide melanotan 2 is that it lasts minutes (bio-available... pigmentation/melanin staying present for long while)...and at the same time it's ridiculous to think a slow-intermittent releasing technology will yield desirable results (melanotan implant = huge fail).
  6. #6 15th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Number 1 challenge of successful Melanotan usage

"
    I plan to transition immediately to a maintenance dosage once I was happy with my skin color.
    "
    Photo documentation is very helpful - listen w/ love to those around you

Expect within the first week (give or day a few days) to become upset personally - depressing to see pale color remain on most of your skin's canvas...while developing super-dark freckles/moles, sometimes in unexpected areas....

Positive attention/results come from attaining the healthy melanotan-glow - Ideally teeth will appear whiter and the tan should look like luxury...even if not vacationing - it's easy to loose a grip and overdo tanning on melanotan (appreciative of your handling of my words of caution!)
  7. #7 15th July 2012 
    Thanks

Thank you vanessa! Your experience is certainly helpful .

Unfortunate to hear that even micro-doses can cause unwanted/darkened moles and freckles. I was hoping the micro-dosing would avoid that or, at the very least, make the color change (in both skin and moles/freckles) more proportionate.

How long into my cycle (at 50 mcg/day) should I begin full-body UVR exposure (minus sensitive areas)? I plan to just do it naturally outside in the sun. I have a big back yard so privacy will not be a problem . Due to the bio-availability I plan to inject 5-10 minutes before I head outside.
  8. #8 16th July 2012 
    Thanks

The countless threads here are very helpful Mr. Melanotan, thanks very much!

If I had haphazardly ordered MTII and dosed according to what bro's on other websites were suggesting, I'd probably be African within a year!
  9. #9 16th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: What kind of results can I get with melanotan?

"
    Unfortunate to hear that even micro-doses can cause unwanted/darkened moles and freckles. I was hoping the micro-dosing would avoid that or, at the very least, make the color change (in both skin and moles/freckles) more proportionate.

How long into my cycle (at 50 mcg/day) should I begin full-body UVR exposure (minus sensitive areas)? I plan to just do it naturally outside in the sun. I have a big back yard so privacy will not be a problem ]"
    Initiating melanotan & developing pigment that's uniform/even is certainly a fantasy - unsure to what degree controlling the dosage & exposure helps...maybe a little*

Give melanotan a week or two of dosing before tanning - Administering the peptide for days helps to desensitize (best to avoid side effects imho)
    An aggressive tanning strategy can be to dose MT-2, tan for 10-30 minutes within a couple hours - then dose again afterward
  10. #10 16th July 2012 
    Thanks

Thanks, so basically the purpose of the inital week or two of micro-doses to prepare your body for a dosage more appropriate to producing meaningful results.

As said before I'm a mid-Type II looking to attain mid-to-high Type III complexion. As a child who loved the outdoors I only had a slight tan which means without MT2 I'd be looking at quite the commitment to sun damage to get the color I want* ;D.

From reading many of your posts you commend a starter dose of 200-250 mcg. Therefore I think the strategy I will try is..

Day 1-10]Day 11: 100 mcg before/after 20 minute tanning outside (200 mcg total) spf on forearms, towel over face/neck/genitals

Repeat until desired color is attained (I'll take a before picture whenever I start) and go on a conservative maintenance dosage ]
    I won't be in any sort of rush . I really hope I can prove the efficacy of this product on small micro-doses to others.
  11. #11 17th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes sir - dosing low initially helps to avoid/minimize potential side effects. helps to find the balance between experiencing a sunburn...and experiencing the superhuman results of not burning (in those who genetically cannot tan), and creating a sunless tan. best of luck, I love your game plan N!
  12. #12 24th July 2012 
    Thanks

Hi, I was cleared last Friday by a dermatologist. The mole on my thigh alarmed the derm at first due to it's size relative to the other tiny moles/freckles on my body until I informed him it has been there for atleast 5+ years.

Today I began my first injection of 50 mcg. I did it in the morning. I plan to rotate both sides of the navel area as well as both sides of my upper glutes.

I went walking down a rail trail around 6pm with my brother and put spf 30 on my eyes, nose, mouth, and forearms. I was probably outside for around an hour.

Do you believe these precautions will prevent unwanted pigmentation around the eyes, mouth, etc.? Any other precautions I should take when under unavoidable UVR?

Thanks. I'll be sure to let you know how everything goes.
  13. #13 24th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Norgbert is the summer trendsetter for Melanotan success story in progress!

"
    Hi, I was cleared last Friday by a dermatologist. The mole on my thigh alarmed the derm at first due to it's size relative to the other tiny moles/freckles on my body until I informed him it has been there for atleast 5+ years.

Today I began my first injection of 50 mcg. I did it in the morning. I plan to rotate both sides of the navel area as well as both sides of my upper glutes.

I went walking down a rail trail around 6pm with my brother and put spf 30 on my eyes, nose, mouth, and forearms. I was probably outside for around an hour.

Do you believe these precautions will prevent unwanted pigmentation around the eyes, mouth, etc.? Any other precautions I should take when under unavoidable UVR?

Thanks. I'll be sure to let you know how everything goes.
    "
    Greatness, I am happy to hear of the successful dermatologist visit - solid info to have
    The super-low & controlled dose hopefully will leave the initial & entire experience side-effect-free
    rotating the insulin syringe injections is wise - only boneheads (they are out there, lol) inject in the same spot developing track-marks/scar tissue when it is & should be a non-issue - thanks for sharing the specific/intimate details of proper injecting procedure (not common knowledge!) - I like the navel and glute areas as they hopefully will provide fatty tissue as to absorb MT-2 slowly (as compared to disaster stories of steroid users thinking it's appropriate to administer intramuscular...making the researcher potentially violently/immediately ill)
    The combo of SPF on the face/neck/arms & injecting the synthetic/systemic tanning peptide is the passion & best reason for this forum to exist - thanks again & best of luck N!
    This observer feels your mind/body is prepped & ready for desired results - looking forward to hearing of the journey
    Personally I learn more each year about the environment, genetics and possibilities of melanocortins...amazing stuff* 8)
  14. #14 6th August 2012 
    Thanks

Hi, quick update as it has been about 2 1/2 weeks now since first introducing MT2 to my system.

I went tanning out in the sun for about 20 minutes each side. I can already notice a difference and have a fairly noticeable difference when comparing my crotch region (which stays covered) compared to my torso. I don't know if this is a testament to the power of MT2 or my natural ability to tan was a bit greater than previously thought!

My dosing schedule was altered a bit. I have been dosing 50mcg every 12-hour period, typically an injection when I wake up and one before I go to sleep. The day I tanned, I administered 150 mcg 20 minutes before and 150mcg again an hour afterwards.

Side effects? Hmm, let's see.
    '"[ul]\n".self]', '', '
    [li]My first few days administering the dosage would result in a bit of a strange feeling. Nothing negative, but I could definitely "feel" something was at work inside my system. I don't know if this was just my brain playing tricks on me or what ][/li]
    [li]Pigmentation in existing moles is definitely noticeable. Also, darkening of previously unseen moles have occurred including some in surprising places. One on my earlobe, and another on the edge of one of my nipples* ]
    [li]I practice Intermittent Fasting and I have definitely noticed appetite suppression during my morning/early afternoon fasting hours. [/li]
    [li]I can't speak for the sexual side effects. I am 23 y/o and haven't really had any performance concerns in that area. I've always been kind of bummed by my somewhat low ejaculate volume/force and haven't noticed any changes there. Is there a peptide for that?* ;D[/li]
    [li]Hmm, lastly, I seem to having very vivid dreams since administering MT2 before sleeping. Is there a possible link? Some of the dreams have been a bit terrifying. Others quite normal/pleasing.[/li]
    ').'")."\n[/ul]"'

Overall, my experience with MT2 so far has been positive! Looking forward to see what the next month will bring .
  15. #15 6th August 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan observation results after a couple weeks

Nice updates and observations, thank you for sharing Norgbert!
    Your dosing schedule looks fantastic - results should only get easier & better* 8)

HCG and aphrodisiac dosing MT-2 (w/ dapo &/or dostinex) are products of focus to maximize performance in the sexual dept.
    Dreams and melanotan peptides are trends that indeed exist - don't know what the correlation could be
  16. #16 11th August 2012 
    Thanks

Facial hair in my chin/upper-lip area has gotten darker, especially in my chin area where the hairs were previously white-ish. Could this be from the MT2? It's interesting* ;D.
  17. #17 13th August 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Facial hair in my chin/upper-lip area has gotten darker, especially in my chin area where the hairs were previously white-ish. Could this be from the MT2? It's interesting* ;D.
    "
    Absolutely on par for the MT-2 experience, many enjoy the darkening of their white/ginger facial hair - with steady dosing and exposure, after 3-4 weeks a darker beard develops (remember mt-2 can make skin oily, exercise extra hygiene for the weeks ahead)
  18. #18 20th January 2013 
    Thanks

Hey!

Haven't posted awhile. I stopped using MT2 once summer started to end due to laziness. Amazingly, I still haven't regressed quite back to the "stark pale" color I was before. My facial hair did lose its darkness though.

I'm planning on giving it another run in a couple of months.

I'm considering trying a different regimen. Instead of dosing daily, I want to try injecting exclusively in the immediate pre/post tanning period. What do you think about that?

Also, I still have some of the peptide in the original vial I bought, do you think it would be worth using now?

All the best
  19. #19 21st January 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan results and dosing?

Excellent update, thank you Norgbert - I feel ya, once summer fades..makes sense to slack/quit tanning injections. Truly is amazing how long-lasting certain elements of a real tan can be - neat to compare/gauge by facial hair as well* 8)

Given your familiarity, I would have few reasons not to give support to the suggested protocol. Best approach may be to almost exclusively dose around tanning...with integration of small dosages (every now and again, ie.: weekly or bi-monthly 100-200mcg MT-2 subq) to maintain sunless tanning results while experiencing least amount of side-effects from general sensitivity to potent melanocortin agonist melanotan 2. Ever have thoughts of Melanotan 1 use? MT-1 can offer perspective to the seasoned mt-2 researcher...highlights the extreme value and efficacy of melanotan II (imo).
  20. #20 21st January 2013 
    Thanks

Yep, that is basically my plan. After my desired color was achieved, I was planning on a weekly 100mcg or bi-weekly 50 mcg injection depending on how much I felt like pinning that particular week .

I haven't really considered MT1. I feel that my experiment last summer has put in tune with how I react to MT2, and I'm not foolish enough to underestimate it's efficacy in terms of dosing. I definitely feel like I get great value out of MT2. As I said before, I still had some of the peptide left in the single vial I ordered. I was quite happy with the color I achieved!.