• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 13th May 2012 
    Thanks

Side effects after 4 years of successful Melanotan usage

Hi Melanotan HQ,
    The last 4 years i have been using melanotan II with great success. In general i am very pale so you understand melanotan II has completely changed my life as i am finally able to tan without burning. I am male , 32 and from Europe, so i am using Melanotan Magic and Europatan. Last year i used Melanotan Magic and had a great tan lasting a lot of months. This year i started about 3 weeks ago with Melanotan Magic again. For the first time i am having an awful side effect that is bringing me down and do not know what to do really.*

My tactic is stable every year, i load around 20mg and then i start the sunbeds. That way i never burn and get a great tan after 4-5 sessions in the sunbeds. Then i maintain for 3-4 months.

This year i started doing the same, going from 0.25mg->0.5mg->0.75mg->1mg per day for loading phase. During the loading phase i don't have sun exposure. So after having around 10mg in me i started having uneven skin tone in my face. Really at this point i cannot understand if there is hyperpigmenation of some areas , leaving the rest seem white, or these are white spots. This is the first time i am having this and of course i am devastated. The skin color differentation is noticeable, if it was in the body, i wouldn't care that much, but on the face... Also these are not rounded or have a specific size.

I have read about Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis, do you think this is my case? At this point i have no idea what to do, my options]
    1. Continue loading on melanotan II , start sunbeds ,use accelerators to problematic spots and take it from there
    2. Change supplier and try another melanotan II run
    3. Drop all melanotan II, get some therapy with cremes for uneven skin tone and forget about tanning this year.

I would appreciate any opinion. Thank you
  2. #2 13th May 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Side effects after 4 years of successfull runs

Welcome megageo. Cosmetic troubles from over-dosage can indeed be devastating. Cutting the dosage by at least 50% would be an ideal protocol for tanning fair skin with years experience. Initial 100mcg (to avoid/minimize side effects), maintain 250mcg and recreational 500mcg doses of Melanotan II would be my three tiers going forward (had you continue) - good luck!