• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 12th April 2012 
    Thanks

Sterile Water, same as bw for injection?

sorry if this question sounds ridiculous but when i use bac. water to reconstitute my melanotan 2 i use only 2 mg to mix in..... but now i cant use my bacteriostatic water (contaminated it lol) i need to use my sterile water that i happen to have.... how much sterile water is equivelant to bac water?

thanks a lot
  2. #2 12th April 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: is 2mg of sterile water the same as 2mg of bacteriostatic for measuring?

1ml of bact water = 1ml of sterile water

In the case of your typical 10mg Melanotan peptide, I advocate 2ml for reconstitution - no big deal however, 1ml will suffice!
  3. #3 12th April 2012 
    Thanks

Re: is 2mg of sterile water the same as 2mg of bacteriostatic for measuring?

ya lol i meant ml not mg!

thanks for the reply!
  4. #4 2nd December 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Sterile water for injection, as last alternative to bac water

Sterile water for injection, 10-20mL USP
    FOR PEPTIDE RESEARCH USE ONLY
    Flexible Plastic Container or glass vial

Sterile Water for Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation of distilled water filtered through .20 micron filter. Sterile-water is for use only as an alternative, short-term diluent vehicle for peptides or solutions suitable for safe administration. The pH balance of 5.5 (5.0 to 7.0).
    Sterile Water contains no bacteriostat antimicrobial agent or added buffer and is intended only for single-dose injection after admixture with an appropriate solution. Storing and freezing pre-loaded dosages is recommended for medium-long term experimentation with amino acid proteins.

Water for Injection is designated water containing no alcohol (stinging often and temporary discomfort at cite by subcutaneous injection).

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
    When administered intravenously as a vehicle for drugs, sterile water for injection provides a source of
    water for fluid replenishment after sufficient solute is introduced to achieve a pleasant osmolarity.
    Water is an essential constituent of all cellular tissues accounting for approximately 70% of body
    weight. Water balance is maintained by many regulatory signals. Water distribution depends much
    on the concentration of electrolytes and sodium (Na+) plays a major role in achieving physiologic equilibrium.

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
    Following suitable admixture of prescribed additive, the dose is usually dependent upon the age, weight
    and clinical condition of the patient.
    BW H2O Interactions
    Additives could possibly be incompatible. Consult with a professional, view many sources/guides/help-videos available. When introducing additives, use a clean technique, mix thoroughly and do not store expecting water to preserve even durable short-chain amino acids.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE*
    How to mix multi-dose sterile vials
    1. Prepare additive port.
    2. Using aseptic technique and remove dirt from rubber and skin - an additive delivery needle of appropriate length, puncture resealable additive port, inner diaphragm and inject. Withdraw needle after injecting medication.
    3. The additive port may be protected by covering with an additive cap.
    4. Mix container contents thorough/quick.

Purchase sterile water in Australia, otherwise look to b-vitamin complexes alternatively for melanotans - best solution is 1) bacteriostatic water 2) bacteriostatic sodium chloride 30mL