• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 7th July 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Avoid Dark under-eye Circles

I have a theory on dark under eye circles

Thin skin and increasing eumelanin density + UVR creates the perfect environment for dark circles

Question I have is if naturally fair skin, light haired folks have as much issue as the people with dark hair (Italian, for ex.) and higher natural eumelanin %

Any observation, strategy, wisdom, advice or question welcome
  2. #2 5th January 2012 
    Thanks

Re: Avoid Dark under-eye Circles

I have hereditary dark under eye circles. You know, the ones that you will NEVER get rid of? I would say that I'm probably in the type III skin type. I am of mixed heritage (Chinese, White and Spanish) and can tan pretty easily. Typically when I do tan, the under eye circles seem to diminish or appear less. Once I stop tanning, the dark circles are more pronounced. If I refrained from tanning, my skin is pretty fair. Especially on my face (thanks to my mixed heritage I tan differently everywhere). Tanning doesn't make the under eye circles any worse then when I'm not tanning. They remain the same.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S. did you start this topic with the thought that those who have dark under eye circles, shouldn't try to use Melanotan (1 or II)?
  3. #3 5th January 2012 
    Thanks

I also have hereditary dark circles, they suck so bad, haha!
    Everyone always tells me to get more sleep, but they don't understand.

Since tanning they appear a lot less compared to my brown complexion rather than my white.
    I make sure to put zinc sunscreen under my eyes though, as I do not want them to get any darker/damaged while I'm out in the sun.
  4. #4 5th January 2012 
    Thanks

@ Usernameisvalid:

Try looking into photo rejuvenation treatments. The only thing is that you will need to stop tanning in order to have the treatment done. I've done a few myself and have noticed a HUGE difference after my 4th treatment. I'm almost comfortable walking outside without makeup on. I highly suggest it.

Good Luck!

@ Chris: I'm very interested in trying Melanotan but do not want to run into any issues with my under eye circles redeveloping (especially since each treatment I've done to get rid of them cost $250). If you have any further insight, I would greatly appreciate it.
  5. #5 5th January 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    P.S. did you start this topic with the thought that those who have dark under eye circles, shouldn't try to use Melanotan (1 or II)?
    "
    Started this topic for awareness & caution (& curiosity).* Being a strawberry/blond, it is not a concern I have had much experience with - although my melanotan usage awakes my senses to the reality of it

I do believe Melanotan II usage is not well suited for skin type III (without plenty of caution)

Melanotan 1 is a lot safer to use - pigmentation changes/tanning results from the original are exponentially less* 8)

6. #6 6th January 2012 
    Thanks

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the response. Why is Melanotan II not suitable for skin type III? And if you are suggesting Melanotan I for skin type III, can you explain the differences/ benefits?

Thanks Chris.
  7. #7 6th January 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for the response. Why is Melanotan II not suitable for skin type III? And if you are suggesting Melanotan I for skin type III, can you explain the differences/ benefits?

Thanks Chris.
    "
    Melanotan 2 is extremely effective/potent (and cheap).* So effective that it will tan the palest of skin types (except albinos).* Those who can already tan from nature can become VERY dark (often undesirable, foolish looking)

Melanotan 1 has a chance of approval from regulatory authorities.* MT-1 does not go systemic, having minimal side effects (brief nausea if anything) assoc w/ therapy.* The hassle is the number of injections melanotan therapy requires (given the implant is not out/available and is kinda silly anyhow)
  8. #8 8th January 2012 
    Thanks

Thanks Chris. Where can I find a reputable distrobutor of Melanotan I?
  9. #9 25th January 2012 
    Thanks

"
    I have hereditary dark under eye circles. You know, the ones that you will NEVER get rid of? I would say that I'm probably in the type III skin type. I am of mixed heritage (Chinese, White and Spanish) and can tan pretty easily. Typically when I do tan, the under eye circles seem to diminish or appear less. Once I stop tanning, the dark circles are more pronounced. If I refrained from tanning, my skin is pretty fair. Especially on my face (thanks to my mixed heritage I tan differently everywhere). Tanning doesn't make the under eye circles any worse then when I'm not tanning. They remain the same.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

"

Wow that is my exact situation! How well does this product work for you?
  10. #10 29th September 2012 
    Thanks

I started using MT 2 about a month ago and I am getting really dark circles under my eyes. It is scaring me. I am happy with the results but I can't go around with dark circles under my eyes. I have never had this problem before using MT2. What do you suggest I do. I was turned on to it by a friend so went with her instructions of starting at very low dose every other day then tan 10 min the day I don't inject. I am up to 10 on the needle mark but have only been doing every two days and tanning 10 min every other day. I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and I do tan easily * I read where some people aren't tanning at all. That would be awesome since it does cost me money. Please help me get rid of these ugly dark circles.
  11. #11 30th September 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: How to Avoid Dark under-eye Circles on Melanotan

"
    I started using MT 2 about a month ago and I am getting really dark circles under my eyes. It is scaring me. I am happy with the results but I can't go around with dark circles under my eyes. I have never had this problem before using MT2. What do you suggest I do. I was turned on to it by a friend so went with her instructions of starting at very low dose every other day then tan 10 min the day I don't inject. I am up to 10 on the needle mark but have only been doing every two days and tanning 10 min every other day. I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and I do tan easily * I read where some people aren't tanning at all. That would be awesome since it does cost me money. Please help me get rid of these ugly dark circles.
    "
    Welcome Ronda, hope to alleviate some fears & offer perspective best I can
    First let's give your friend who wasn't qualified to give instructions a break from duty - initial advice of dosing low is great (as too many overdose and misuse/abuse the tanning injections)
    The tanning strategy on the days without melanotan administrations makes little sense (unless the user is a darker skinned user already tanned with healthy pigment/protection) - injecting melanotan 2 peptide subcutaneously (with no advanced delivery vehicle besides insulin syringes and base peptides) gives the user minutes of ability to stimulate most melanogenesis w/ least amount of harm (sunburn/sun-damage/etc) - users typically want to inject before (and sometimes after exposure) harmful UVR - the peptide lasts a short duration, while the pigment created requires time (days) and can remain for months (or years...).
    Best suggestion is to reduce dosage by 50%
    Also increase dosing to daily (or 10 injections per week...if balancing the tan is the ideal intention/outcome)
    Further reduce tanning by 1/3 - 1/2 - certainly sounds like too much, too fast & too infrequent (recipe for disaster)
    Those who tan easy may consider melanotan 1 (and melanotan 2 only for extreme use &/or recreational aphrodisiac usage) - also trying a sunless tan approach with mt-2 (although generally mt-2 is known for being a lackluster sunless tanning product...however having tanning ability it can indeed speed up processes exponentially) could be viable
  12. #12 1st October 2012 
    Thanks

Thank you so much for the advise. I will start reducing the amount I use and use daily w/o tanning. When this vial is gone I will go to the MT-1. Maybe that will work better for me! I will let you know how it goes.