• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 10th November 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Female Sexual Arousal Disorder

Female Sexual Arousal Disorder

Bremelanotide (PT-141), a subcutaneous product intended for female sexual dysfunction (FSD).

Bremelanotide is a synthetic peptide analog of the naturally occurring hormone alpha-MSH (melanocyte-stimulating hormone).

FSD is a multifactorial condition that has anatomical, physiological, medical, psychological and social components. FSD includes four disorders, hypoactive sexual desire disorder, female sexual arousal disorder, sexual pain disorder and orgasmic disorder. To establish a diagnosis of FSD, these syndromes must be associated with personal distress, as determined by the affected women. Approximately 40 million American women are affected by FSD. The National Health and Social Life Survey, a probability sample study of sexual behavior in a demographically representative cohort of United States adults ages 18 to 59, found that approximately 43% of women suffer from some form of FSD. There are no FDA approved products for FSD.

Bremelanotide was extensively studied for sexual dysfunction in nasal formulations, administered as a spray. Increases in blood pressure were observed in some patients receiving nasally administered PT-141, and this observed increase was a significant factor leading to discontinue nasally administered bremelanotide as a therapy. PT-141 with subcutaneous administration exposure to bremelanotide is tightly controlled, limiting exposures to levels associated with increases in blood pressure and other adverse events.

Melanotan forum viewers have Bremelanotide PT-141 experiences to share?
  2. #2 16th February 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Female Sexual Arousal Disorder

I have been taking PT-141 off and on for about 8 months. I took it for 1 week strait the first week then i would do it every other or every third day for the next couple of weeks and after that I just took it once a week or as needed. Or if i knew i was seeing my boyfriend that evening. Heres my experience :

It took about a month or two to notice a major difference and 4 months for it to almost be like a trigger for sexual desire and orgasms. When i take it about 4-5hours later I can feel a noticeable raise in my libido.
    It helped me be able to have orgasms again, I never had an issue then I was unable to have an orgasm (or it was not easy)* for about 2 years until I started taking PT-141.

I also noticed that I was tanning much easier and got much darker then ever before. I know they say it doesn't effect your skin pigment like Melanotan II but i believe it does a little bit. I know my skin and this past summer I was super tan. It doesn't make me tan if I'm not in the sun and I don't turn orange like people do on Melanontan. I am also wondering if it has effected pigmentation on my face. I have freckles naturally and i feel like they are more noticeable now then ever before.

with that said, I don't consider it a bad thing I liked getting tan faster and darker. But I believe it is an effect of the PT-141 in my body.

I stopped taking the PT-141 for about a month or so then I just started again. I only take it one or two days a week and i find it is working just as it did before.

I take VERY VERY little. I am 150lb 5'9" and I take 200mcg, or 4ius
    if i take even the slightest bit more I get really nauseous so this amount works for me.
    (The first week that I* took it i was taking 500mcg everyday, then as maintenance I switched to the lower dosage)

i would highly recommend it to any women who have libido issues
  3. #3 18th February 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Female Sexual Arousal PT-141

"
    I have been taking PT-141 off and on for about 8 months. I took it for 1 week strait the first week then i would do it every other or every third day for the next couple of weeks and after that I just took it once a week or as needed. Or if i knew i was seeing my boyfriend that evening. Heres my experience ]
    It took about a month or two to notice a major difference and 4 months for it to almost be like a trigger for sexual desire and orgasms. When i take it about 4-5hours later I can feel a noticeable raise in my libido.
    It helped me be able to have orgasms again, I never had an issue then I was unable to have an orgasm (or it was not easy)* for about 2 years until I started taking PT-141.

I also noticed that I was tanning much easier and got much darker then ever before. I know they say it doesn't effect your skin pigment like Melanotan II but i believe it does a little bit. I know my skin and this past summer I was super tan. It doesn't make me tan if I'm not in the sun and I don't turn orange like people do on Melanontan. I am also wondering if it has effected pigmentation on my face. I have freckles naturally and i feel like they are more noticeable now then ever before.

with that said, I don't consider it a bad thing I liked getting tan faster and darker. But I believe it is an effect of the PT-141 in my body.

I stopped taking the PT-141 for about a month or so then I just started again. I only take it one or two days a week and i find it is working just as it did before.

I take VERY VERY little. I am 150lb 5'9" and I take 200mcg, or 4ius
    if i take even the slightest bit more I get really nauseous so this amount works for me.
    (The first week that I* took it i was taking 500mcg everyday, then as maintenance I switched to the lower dosage)

i would highly recommend it to any women who have libido issues
    "

Wonderful post from Jamisk, highly value your contribution! Thanks for sharing the female success story for the libido drug. PT-141 Results at its best...cutting edge usage/observations during therapy w/ a melanocortin agonist peptide hormone, well done* 8)

Right away I admire the med-long term approach. Initial experimentation is often needed to dial in dosage - it can be a very personal and unique to the researcher. Those who mirror a melanotan-tanning strategy often share best results from pt-141 bremelanotide experiences.
    Dosing low, dosing often, first familiarizing & desensitizing to potential side-effects (rapid tanning, nausea, stomach discomfort) are words of wisdom whether it's melanotan 1, melanotan 2 or pt-141 brem....
    Good way to be disappointed with lacking results from PT141 experience is to overdose. Dosages can be effective at a couple hundred micrograms - too often upwards of 2mg are dosed by subcutaneous peptide injection...only to experience sickness, stress/anxiety, etc. Best dose low and let the aphrodisiac surprise you - with the window of opportunity really at the peak so many hours after administration...takes practice and patience