• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 4th October 2011 
    Thanks

Melanotan info for the Rookie!

Hello everybody,
    I'm new to this website and have little to no knowledge of peptides (specifically melanotan) side effects, results, ect. After doing some research, I bought a 10 mg vial of melanotan 2 from a supplier in canada which i should receive within the week.* My understanding of melanotan 2 is that it supplements the body with extra melanin which in turn makes you more tan (higher amounts of melanin) and less prone to disease ie. skin cancer by building a natural tolerance. Is this true? or have i completely misunderstood?

Am i a good Candidate melanotan mt-2?

I am between a type 1 and 2 skin type with reddish blond hair or as some say "strawberry blond." I am able to tan and have been to a tanning salon before and have had fairly good results but I'm concerned and have discontinued because of the risks involved. My face has never really tanned as well as the rest of my body. I have mild acne with a few blemishes and/or red spots on my face. My arms are much more even in colour and have more of a yellowish/olive tone whereas my face is mixed with a reddish pink pale look. My face can tan but will not be as even or brown as my arms. I find it helps to use a moistureizer (I use aloe vera gel) and this has helped give my face a more even complexion, however not as close to my arms though. I'm not sure if this is because of age (I'm 21 maybe im a late bloomer because i never had pimples when i was in highschool ]
    My questions]
    Will melanotan help with my complexion giving me a more smooth tanned look or will it just concentrate on the parts of my body that are darker such as my arms?

Will melanotan increase or reduce the amount of acne or will it just darken my face so that they are not visible?

What is the recommended dose for a male 6'1" 155 lbs?

Is this truly sunless tanning or is uv exposure needed? (and if so, how much?)

How long to see a result?*

I know that results vary depending on the user but I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on Melanotan 2, so any comments would be helpful. Also, if anyone has a similar case to mine and has tried melanotan 2 by injection, your thoughts on the product and it's effect on you, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Best Regards,
    MelanotanMan
  2. #2 4th October 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan for the Rookie! Help!

Welcome to the forum MM, glad to have you.* 10 MT-II should give you a picture of what the possibilities are for the peptide and your genetics/sensitivity.* Ideally with patience + low dose MT-II therapy (dosing low, frequently) + strategic phototherapy (wear sunscreen, enjoy the sun, tan) =>eumelanin ratios increasing at the cellular level...building up to a base TAN* 8)

Your vial of super potent melanocyte stimulating hormone, Melanotan II, will stimulation darker melanin production and more of it - yes sir

By having a skin tone which can survive in the sun & not have all the aging side effects...that is the goal & what is possible for those with some red/ginger in their dna

As you create pigment and depth to your skin/tone - keep a handful of things in mind please.* 1) tanning on MT-II will flip the switch for your old yellow/red pigment producing ways into a brown/black state => keep in mind youll want to protect undereyes, eyes (cover), lips (wear spf), genitalia (abundance of receptors), scars, etc* 2) Too much MT-II will make skin oily...run ultra conservative doses when acne is part of the equation* 3)* continue to protect and not tan your face as it will catch up over time should you continue to see/enjoy results from MT-II usage (as I have for 5 years +)...no need to tan face and arms in most cases - your face will cease being pink and skin will thicken w/ proper melanotropin usage* 4)your strawberry blonde may be a case where you were likely to be a blonde...and more of your receptors are mutated (ie white population) - MT-II usage may turn your facial hair black and blond on your head... crazier has happened =>* http://melanotropin.com/fair-skin-rosacea-sun-sufferers/* ...for these reasons I would place you in the candidate category for certain.* Hopefully there will be effective melanotropin peptide analogs for tanning that are effective, safer and not systemic in the near future

One reason to hold back is your age, couple more years of consideration couldnt hurt.* If i knew what I know now, heck yes I would have loved to be 21 & on MT-II.* Given the time in life...no reason to look foolish and be the typical disaster story of MT-II overdose/consumption + exposure, etc etc

Best advice with your first 10mg vial would be to pre-load your doses in advance, particularly if this will be the first time with a vial...drawing from a multi-use sterile vial has it's own learning curve and tricks of the trade.* If you can set aside 30-40 doses from that one vial, that is the way to go imho.* Pre-loading and making sure you know where all the mg's are...keeps risk of sides and all down.*

First dose for about anyone should be 50-100mcg Melanotan II.* Body desensitizes rapidly to the peptide => future doses will not make you as sick/nauseated as taking an initial mega-dose of ~1mg.* Those who dose out of the gate aiming to avoid side effects have the best results

Melanotan II will not help you balance out your tan without extreme diligence on your part.* Your arms will tan rapidly if you let them, as will likely your face/neck.* Melanoctye stimulation will create a depth and density to your skin allowing your body to tan and be able to enjoy sunshine for longer than nature allows on its own

Because your arms have had the most exposure (likely) over your lifetime, the cytes will awaken and act quickly (as compared to your butt) - due diligence is where some lotion daily on exposed areas and strategically while tanning (if part of the equation)

MT-II is a poor and complicated sunless tanner, particularly for those with red in their skin.* Dosing, consistency, patience, exposure..so much has to be right in order to combat the issue of nature not allowing your body to tan/etc.* After a synthetic enhanced tan in achieved, less and less is required. Long term results are often thought as permanent in Melanotan researchers.

As far as time-frame and what to expect when... could be 1 week until the freak out occurs.* Either you notice your super melanin enhanced skin first acts on those places with most history, ie freckles, or someone else points it out and confirms it in 5-10 days.* Your physiologic tan is darker than a pregnant mother can make in the wild...* Your pale skin will remain light for a period of days or weeks while your pigmented skin gets dramatically altered asap.* It all balances out with common sense and staying away from immediate laser therapy!* Most folks beauty marks are beautiful dark and it doesnt matter...* 5-8 weeks is what time I would invest ..and up to 6 months to give the peptide a fair shake

For those with red in them, melanotan one can at best help your pigment - not likely going to help create an environment where you are able to tan.* MT-II is what you need and your only option in 2011 unfortunately.* Say unfortunately because of the range/reach of the potent MT-II => if only it were half as strong and was dialed in on the MC1R (as is MT-1) - That's the pipe dream

Please dont dose according to charts.* Dose according to your low bodyfat and concern should be on dosing low.... as it's good when you can inject MT-iI into fatty tissue that offers a slower absorb into the system.* When MT-II is injected in the muscle it can make you vomit (on overdose) in 1min - whereas a subq MT-II overdose can have you losing lunch in 3-5 minutes - fyi

Hope that helps, good luck MelanotanMan
  3. #3 5th October 2011 
    Thanks

Thank you Chris! Very Informative!

I really appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions, not only quickly but in good detail pertaining to my circumstances. I hope to receive the MT-II soon and then i will start to log my progress. I'm not completely clear on the process for using MT-II though ie. mixing, injections, materials needed ect ???. Do i use bacteriostatic water or sterile water? (is there a difference?) If i have a 10mg vial of MT-II which in my understanding is in powder form how do i mix this with water? (Do i just take the water from one vial using a syringe and place it in the vial which contains the MT-II?) What is the ratio of water and MT-II (ie. 50/50)* I ordered from peptidescanada.com do you know if this is a legitimate practice? If not, what would be your recommendation for a supplier?

Again, Thank you very much Chris!

Sincerely,

MelanotanMan

4. #4 5th October 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thank you Chris! Very Informative!

I really appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions, not only quickly but in good detail pertaining to my circumstances. I hope to receive the MT-II soon and then i will start to log my progress. I'm not completely clear on the process for using MT-II though ie. mixing, injections, materials needed ect ???. Do i use bacteriostatic water or sterile water? (is there a difference?) If i have a 10mg vial of MT-II which in my understanding is in powder form how do i mix this with water? (Do i just take the water from one vial using a syringe and place it in the vial which contains the MT-II?) What is the ratio of water and MT-II (ie. 50/50)* I ordered from peptidescanada.com do you know if this is a legitimate practice? If not, what would be your recommendation for a supplier?

Again, Thank you very much Chris!

Sincerely,

MelanotanMan
    "
    My pleasure* ]A couple resources to brush up on & check out are:
    peptide-guide.com* P-G has a decent reconstitution video and Melanotan peptide content/information/math
    peptidecalculator.com/calculator.php* Calc tool helps clarify your doses and planning (I use this often)

Plan A would be to acquire and use Bacteriostatic water - however vitamin b12 is fine and sterile water is okay (many options around the world for this purpose)
  5. #5 5th October 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Generally, all the melanotan around the world is credible/legitimate.* The five dollar third world country product can appear the same as the premium quality control fifty dollar + product.* Sensationalism bs about fillers and impure products is mostly bait.* Choose a company that has been around for awhile and according to geography...generally will be alright

Because of your age and acne, Melanotan 1 usage could be something to consider going into winter.* MT-1 is less likely to create an environment for acne.* Results are a lot less and no blood brain barrier & gi tract interaction.* If you're 21 and a student maybe...the MT-II aphrodisiac is best left to older folks (females lacking desire because of birth control/menopause & men with lower sex hormones, dysfunction) - might be a distraction/trouble (fyi)
  6. #6 5th October 2011 
    Thanks

Yeah, you raise a valid point. By no means do i want to raise my sexual desires and/or get spontaneous erections That is for sure.* However, i do want to see noticeable results within a reasonable amount of time. From my understanding, MT-I has potential to deliver good results but in most cases it will have minimal effects on ones complexion. As you said "Results are a lot less."* It isn't as potent and therefore is more expensive due to the requirement of larger doses. That being said, i think MT-II seems to be a more viable solution for me.

Anyway, the shipment has been processed and is on it's way* ]
  7. #7 5th October 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You know best, glad you know both sides of the coin MM

Excellent game plan - you are well prepped - goods great & good luck!
  8. #8 8th October 2011 
    Thanks

Hey guys soz not too sure how to go about writing on these forums but I need help ASAP! I bought the melanotan 2 and have had 4or 5 jabs of .20 and 2 sessions in the tanning bed and nothing has happened?! I have done these jabs a few days apart, the only thing I have noticed is some freckles but absolutely no colour! Do u re commend that I start from scratch? If so please help as to how much and how often? Im fairly light skinned but don't wanna turn black, just golden thanks so much
  9. #9 8th October 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hey guys soz not too sure how to go about writing on these forums but I need help ASAP! I bought the melanotan 2 and have had 4or 5 jabs of .20 and 2 sessions in the tanning bed and nothing has happened?! I have done these jabs a few days apart, the only thing I have noticed is some freckles but absolutely no colour! Do u re commend that I start from scratch? If so please help as to how much and how often? Im fairly light skinned but don't wanna turn black, just golden]"

What are/were your expectations for a few dosages and tanning sessions on melanocyte stimulating hormone?* Results do not happen in a week, pigmentation such as freckles darken at this point...which you state.* if you are light skinned & currently pale, much more patience and diligence is required - experience sounds to be on par.* Proper forum etiquette would also be to start a fresh topic, fyi - best to you Pasty* 8)
  10. #10 9th October 2011 
    Thanks

Hi Chris, sorry am so. New to these forums, I'm just a bit confused as I can't really ask anyone questions about this, I am expecting some results but its been a month and don't know how many times I should be using this stuff, if I start from scratch would u be Able to give me instructions? Like how many tomes and If I should go to the sunbed? I would really appreciate it. Thanks heaps and sorry about not starting a new post, cheers
  11. #11 9th October 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hi Chris, sorry am so. New to these forums, I'm just a bit confused as I can't really ask anyone questions about this, I am expecting some results but its been a month and don't know how many times I should be using this stuff, if I start from scratch would u be Able to give me instructions? Like how many tomes and If I should go to the sunbed? I would really appreciate it. Thanks heaps and sorry about not starting a new post, cheers ]"
    Happy youre asking questions, thank you P!* I would first refer to reply #3 within this thread and follow some links.* A fresh thread outlining whether you have done 4 shots or 4 weeks of administrating MT-II, what your goals & genetics (skin type) are & we can go from there.* The fairer your skin and the paler you are the more difficult the journey.* Took at least a couple months my first time - then the next time I experimented getting too tan - from there I have been able to scale/gauge results.* We're here to help with perspective the best we can.* Most difficult part of melanotan experimentation is that there are no such thing as instructions
  12. #12 10th October 2011 
    Thanks

Hey Chris,

I tried sending you a PM but i don't think it worked because my "sent messages" folder is empty.

I wanted to send some pics, if you don't mind.

Could you give me your e-mail address instead so i can attach a file (photo)?

Thanks,

MM