• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 19th August 2011 
    Thanks

Melanotan II Freckle Reduction

Hello everyone - I have been interested in Melanotan II for the past few years, the only thing stopping me from ordering is the reports of freckles appearing on people's faces...* I have a few questions that I have been unable to find answered on the internet.* Hope I can get some answers here...

Is there anything that can be done to decrease the likelihood of freckles appearing?
    Once you've got the freckles can they be removed?* I have read that IPL should not be performed on those with any tan whatsoever...
    I've heard that the freckles go away over time - do you have to stop using Melanotan II for them to go away?

I was thinking about ordering some and just keeping the doses very small.* Can anyone give me any other tips to reduce freckling?* Thanks!
  2. #2 19th August 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan II Freckle Reduction

Welcome, thanks for the excellent questions WB.* Very happy to see you are cautious and prepared for pigmentation changes with tanning peptides.*

To decrease likelihood you can use less potent original Melanotan or micro-dose melanotan II => paying close attn to photo therapy

The highly emotional and unprepared pigmentation freak-outs which lead people to IPL treatment is a scary reality I have yet to understand

Your freckle balance while on MT-2 is so individual it makes your question nearly impossible to answer unfortunately.* But overall, yes, discontinue synthetic melanotropins and without sun exposure and proper care...your pigmentation should fade.

Generally I think it is best to have a 2-4 month window to slowly experiment and see results.* It is the folks who inject vials in a week, with natural tanning ability and see uncontrolled UV who wake up with drastic pigment action...so many do not respect the power of the little hormone
  3. #3 19th August 2011 
    Thanks

So there is no way to prevent or treat the freckles?* I would really love to try Melanotan II, but I just don't think it is worth a bunch of freckles appearing on my face.* :'(
  4. #4 19th August 2011 
    Thanks

Additionally, if Melanotan II really does just make the freckles you already have more noticeable, would it make sense for someone to have IPL done before beginning use of Melanotan II?
  5. #5 19th August 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    So there is no way to prevent or treat the freckles?* I would really love to try Melanotan II, but I just don't think it is worth a bunch of freckles appearing on my face.* ]"

There are absolutely ways to handle every instance and/or effect from the peptides.* "A bunch of freckles appearing" is not the peptides fault/responsibility...mostly the users genetics and therapy (difficult to combine the right dosing with UVR for varying skin types and pigmentation).
    Good thing you are analyzing your freckles, imaging what 10000x more potent meloanocyte stimulating hormone will do to your skin tone...all over your body.* If you are very pale and have huge dark freckles to begin with, you indeed are not a good candidate - or at least you will have challenges.* It does not make sense to do IPL as you cannot predict what dormant pigmentation will/can darken.* Tanning your face on MT-II is for the extremely foolish/uninformed imho.* Again, great deep questions
  6. #6 26th August 2011 
    Thanks

whiteboy,

From everything i have read and heard from users of IPL I would opt against doing it. It's a bit of a gamble... And seems to be at 50% succees ratio. A good site for reviews...

http://www.realself.com/IPL/reviews

I myself have freckles on my face, arms, shoulders and back. I am currently on my second cycle of melanotan II. My first cycle comprised of a 20 day loading phase. Days 1-5 = 0.03mg per day. Days 6-11 = 0.07mg per day. Days 12-20 =0.10mg per day. After this i kept my tan for 3 months by doing only one dose a week of 0.10mg.

After this I stopped using melanton II to see if my skin would go back to normal. I was glad to see that it did. I had a minor discoloration on my left elbow which was only noticeable to me.

During the time of use SOME of my freckles got darker. The ones the got darker were the freckles that were already darker than majority. I noticed no new freckles at all...

During the cycle side affects I got were]Facial Flushing
    Spontaneous Erections
    Small suppression of appetite

I never had nausea or any other problems.

I am now currently on my second cycle of melanotan II after having a break, I also had the break because I noticed some people in forums saying they had some vision side from the use of melanotan II, there seemed to be a bit of medical backing to this, so i remain cautious especially because I have blue eyes.

On a positive side with my second cycle I have had less side effects, all that i get now is the Spontaneous Erections. The same freckles have gone darker again but I have not noticed any new freckles. I do pay close attention to my skin and get mole scans regularly to check for melanoma, the place i go to has a record of all my freckles that are suspect and check for new ones every time I go. Which is once every 6 months. They have not found any new freckles either.

I should also mention I have put 3 friends on to melanton II they followed the same loading phase and maintenance phase as me and none have any more new freckles.*

I hope this has helped you, as I am very glad I got on to melanotan II, it's surprising the difference having a nice tan makes in life. I often get comments of how healthy I am looking and how great my tan is.
  7. #7 27th August 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Very good stuff tomc, really enjoyed that - ty
  8. #8 29th August 2011 
    Thanks

Thanks for the great replies - I have decided to give Melanotan II a try!

I am going to try to mitigate freckling by using a low dose; what do you think about 0.03/d for the first 20 days?* What about maintenance dosing?

Is there anything else I can do to help prevent freckling?

Is there any way to correct the freckles if I *do* get them?

Should I still use sunscreen on my face after completing the loading phase?

Where do you think the best place to order Melanotan II is?

Thanks so much!

9. #9 29th August 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thanks for the great replies - I have decided to give Melanotan II a try!

I am going to try to mitigate freckling by using a low dose; what do you think about 0.03/d for the first 20 days?* What about maintenance dosing?

Is there anything else I can do to help prevent freckling?

Is there any way to correct the freckles if I *do* get them?

Should I still use sunscreen on my face after completing the loading phase?

Where do you think the best place to order Melanotan II is?

Thanks so much!
    "

200-300mcg is generally all you need per injection. Moderation (sun, dose...phototherapy is important) and being patient pays off.* Many over dose and over tan....* Absolutely use spf on your face at all times (imho)
  10. #10 31st August 2011 
    Thanks

Thanks again!* One more question:* what are your thought on using Melanotan I instead of II?* I read that there is less chance of freckling.
  11. #11 8th September 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thanks again!* One more question]"

I like to add MT1 into the mix every now and again.* Doesnt do much for my skin type personally...but there is value to it.* Definitely less potent, less results, less photoprotection, less sides

Overall I rather dose the highest quality MT-II at the lowest amount compared to running MT1 at a moderate level
  12. #12 8th January 2018 
    Thanks

Red face Brown hair, blue eyed, freckled girl

Quote Originally Posted by tomc View Post
    whiteboy,

From everything i have read and heard from users of IPL I would opt against doing it. It's a bit of a gamble... And seems to be at 50% succees ratio. A good site for reviews...

http://www.realself.com/IPL/reviews

I myself have freckles on my face, arms, shoulders and back. I am currently on my second cycle of melanotan II. My first cycle comprised of a 20 day loading phase. Days 1-5 = 0.03mg per day. Days 6-11 = 0.07mg per day. Days 12-20 =0.10mg per day. After this i kept my tan for 3 months by doing only one dose a week of 0.10mg.

After this I stopped using melanton II to see if my skin would go back to normal. I was glad to see that it did. I had a minor discoloration on my left elbow which was only noticeable to me.

During the time of use SOME of my freckles got darker. The ones the got darker were the freckles that were already darker than majority. I noticed no new freckles at all...

During the cycle side affects I got were]Facial Flushing
    Spontaneous Erections
    Small suppression of appetite

I never had nausea or any other problems.

I am now currently on my second cycle of melanotan II after having a break, I also had the break because I noticed some people in forums saying they had some vision side from the use of melanotan II, there seemed to be a bit of medical backing to this, so i remain cautious especially because I have blue eyes.

On a positive side with my second cycle I have had less side effects, all that i get now is the Spontaneous Erections. The same freckles have gone darker again but I have not noticed any new freckles. I do pay close attention to my skin and get mole scans regularly to check for melanoma, the place i go to has a record of all my freckles that are suspect and check for new ones every time I go. Which is once every 6 months. They have not found any new freckles either.

I should also mention I have put 3 friends on to melanton II they followed the same loading phase and maintenance phase as me and none have any more new freckles.*

I hope this has helped you, as I am very glad I got on to melanotan II, it's surprising the difference having a nice tan makes in life. I often get comments of how healthy I am looking and how great my tan is.
    I know this is an old thread, but it’s worth a shot. Tom C are you still using Melanotan 2? Could you please DM me and let me know what size needle you used and if you tanned and on what days! I too have freckles on my arms, back, legs and slightly on my face. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance 🤗🤗