• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 12th October 2009 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Melanotan 2 Instructions

Melanotan 2 Instructions

A compilation of information regarding how to use MT-II for research.* MT-II is an analog of the peptide hormone alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (?-MSH).* This hormone acts on melanocytes to stimulate melanin production.* Melanin is your pigment responsible for your tan.* MT-2 out competes a-MSH for binding to melanocyte receptors in humans and other mammals because it has a binding affinity over 1000x. This is the reason why the fair skinned CAN reach a natural tan

Please pursue information regarding the usage of these products from your own research, academic journals, or the research of your in-house scientific team. Products are sold for research purposes are not for human consumption. Remember when you contact these types of stores/sponsors not to relate the questions or topics to human consumption or they tend not to answer.* Always inquire in a research type question.* Cause after all, we know that this is for your experiments and not for human consumption.

[b]Mixing]* Add bacteriostatic water to the vial when you are ready to begin journey.* It starts to degrade after being reconstituted.*
    Comparable pt141 video

I recommend adding 100 units of water to the vial.* This will minimize the volume that you have to inject and will simplify the arithmetic.*

1ml syringe, 1ml bact water to reconstitute
    Calculations (given you want a .5mg dose)]step 1= 1ml
    step 2= 10mg MT-II
    step 3= 1ml bact water
    step 4= 500mcg dose
    2-3 ticks on your insulin pin (1/20th a syringe full)

"

Storage] It is a very durable peptide.* Before it is mixed with water, melanotan II is quite stable and can last for months at room temperature.

Do you have to inject MT-II?
    Yes.* The best, most efficient method of administering melanotan is via sub-q injection.* Nasal sprays do not work.*

Note]make your own skin create its own tan
    * and that in turn creates UV protection. If you are looking to be some bronzed beach god with perfectly uniform and specific color then you are better off to going to mystic tan.

Know your skin type]

Am I a good candidate for MT-II?
    Melanotan is best suited for the folks with skin types I & II

How should I dose MT-II?
    Start out with small doses and build up.* A typical starting dose is around .25mg and max dose reaching 1mg.* You can look at it as being as simple as that.*
    [b]
    Things to consider]
    There is no magic pill or formula.* Few dermatologists know about melanotan.* The skin is a large, unpredictable organ.* Feel comfortable and confident with MT-II before use.* Check out as many before and after photos and user logs as you can.

How much should I buy and how long will it last?

Skin type I]Skin type II:* 20-30mg
    Skin type III]Should last entire summer or season

Melanotan and finances?

Is melanotan cost prohibitive?* Absolutely.* There is no reason any melanotan user should be on a budget.* At the same time, MT-II is a valuable investment for the prime candidate.*
    Initial investment can be $150-200 for product, $90 for tanning salon (you know the fees, commitment,lotions, etc add up).* HOWEVER, melanotan has a lasting effect.*
    As a user for the past 4 years I will paint a rough picture of my expenditures as I remember them]2005:* 30mg first purchase, tanned in the sun...learned a bit about my skin type I body
    arrived at a tan 3-4 weeks later and was blown away.* Must have bought another 20mg and spent $300 total
    2006-2007]2008: 30-40mg used, very small doses required for results this year ($200?)
    2009]Future I anticipate using 1-2 vials/yr.

How soon will I begin to see results?

You should notice a change in your skin tone after three to four weeks. If you have freckles, expect them to get darker before your actual skin color changes.*

How long will tan last?
    A tan developed using melanotan II lasts much longer than an ordinary tan.* A well-tanned person returning from a beach holiday will lose most of the tan in a month if they stop getting sun.* But if they had been using melanotan II and continued on maintenance after returning, they would still have most of their tan 3 months later.

Side effects of MT2?

Possible short-term side effects you should know about, including: nausea, appetite loss, facial flushing and increased libido. These may be noticeable during the first few days of treatment but should taper off.
  2. #2 28th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

How to use Melanotan II (MT-2)

How does Melanotan 2 work?

Melanotan 2 (MT2) is a synthetic analog of the naturally occurring peptide hormone which stimulates the cells that produce Melanin.* This Melanin is what gives you a tan.

Researchers, where MT2 was first developed, knew that one of the best defenses against skin cancer was a natural tan which has been slowly developed over weeks. They hypothesized that an effective way to reduce skin cancer rates in people would be to induce the body's natural tanning system to produce a protective tan prior to UV exposure. The body's naturally occurring hormone - a-MSH - causes melanogenesis, a process by which the skin's tanning cells (melanocytes) produce the skin's tanning pigment (melanin).

Instructions on how to use MT2

Step 1 - Mixing the solution

Remove the plastic cap off the top of the Melanotan 2 vial.* Take a syringe and pull the plunger back to the 1ml or 100 units mark and slowly push it into the rubber seal of the bacteriostatic water vial and depress the plunger to empty the air (this will make drawing the water out easier - vials work on vacuum).* Now turn the vial upside down and pull the plunger of the syringe until the water reaches the 1ml or 100 units mark, ensuring the tip of the needle is always in the water.* Now slowly remove the syringe from the bottle and carefully insert it in to the Melanotan 2 bottle.* Now depress the plunger until all the water is removed.* Leave the mixture to settle for a few minutes without shaking.

Your solution is now ready for use and should be kept in a fridge whilst storing (stores for 2-3 months).

Step 2 - Administering the solution

Administering Melanotan 2 is a very easy and painless operation and is best performed just before you go to bed to minimize any side effects that may occur.* Open a new syringe and pull the plunger back to the 1ml or 100 units mark.* Then take the solution from the fridge and insert the syringe into the rubber top and push the plunger to empty the air, then repeat (this will make drawing the solution out easier).* Turn the vial upside down and pull the plunger until the solution reads 0.1ml or 10 units on the syringe, ensureing the tip of the needle stays in the solution.* Then flick to remove any air that me be in the syringe.* Now find the fleshiest area of your stomach and then clean with an acohol wipe.* Now place the index finger and thumb about 2 inches apart on the cleaned area of skin and simply pinch.* Take the syringe in your other hand, holding it like a pen 90 degrees to your skin, needle side down.* Now insert the needle with a swift motion until it is fully under the skin.* Gently depress the plunger until all the solution has gone from the syringe and carefully remove it from your skin.* Next gently hold the alcohol wipe on the injected area for 1 minute.

You have now administered your first dose of MT2.* One vial of MT2 will give you 10 injections.

Melanotan II Dosage

Whilst you are going through the 'loading phase' we recommend you inject 0.1ml of Melanotan 2 every other day until the vial is empty.* During this process you will also need to have at least one sunbed session per week.* Although this is not vital, it brings your tan out quicker if you do.* Under normal circumstances one vial of Melanotan II will get you your perfect tan.* Some people, however, do take longer so you may need to use another vial during this process. Once you have reached the desired color you are happy with, you only need to inject 0.1ml of Melanotan 2 once a week.* To keep a strong healthy tan it is advisable to have a sunbed session weekly also.