• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 22nd February 2011 
    Thanks

I'm new to melanotan II and I need help tanning!

I would appreciate it so much if you experienced melanotan II users could answer a few of my questions..
    First let me tell you what I've learned from researching it and tell me if my info is correct... I read that...
    1. One vial (10 mg.) of melanotan II should be mixed with 4 ml. Of bacteriostatic water. ( not sterile water as it is painful to inject) this would equate to]
    2. A 29 or 30 gauge/0.5'' needle/1 ml syringe should be used. Preferably one with interchangeable needles. And it's important to change the needle for every injection.

3. Everyone, male or female, big or small, should start with a 0.25 mg dose. You then increase your dosage by 0.25 mg/day until you have reached your desired result, obviously depending on the side effects you might lessen the dosage or inject less frequently, but not surpassing 1-1.5 mg per dose! (per day)
    Once you are as dark as you want to be, you then do the "maintenance" which is 2 injections/week of 1 mg. Per dose.

Please let me know if what I have learned and read is in fact true. Also, one question I do have, is why do single vials of melanotan II come in 10 mg, and one single vial of bacteriostatic water come in 30 ml? If the above melanotan:bacteriostatic water ratio is correct, (10 mg/4 ml) is correct, that would mean I could supply 75 vials of melanotanII with the required 4 ml of bacteriostatic water, right? Now, I know b.w. Was not solely made for the use of mixing it with melanotan II, so the fact that it has 30 ml per vial has nothing to do with anything, but I just want to make sure I'm clear that I will only need one 30 ml vial of water and that could last me (given that it is properly stored) for a very long time.... It doesn't make sense to me.... I know I'm missing something.. Please fill me in! Thanks guys! I appreciate your time and help!
  2. #2 22nd February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm new to melanotan II and I need yalls help!

[quote]
    I would appreciate it so much if you experienced melanotan II users could answer a few of my questions..
    First let me tell you what I've learned from researching it and tell me if my info is correct... I read that...
    1. One vial (10 mg.) of melanotan II should be mixed with 4 ml. Of bacteriostatic water. ( not sterile water as it is painful to inject) this would equate to]Welcome!* One 10mg vial of Melanotan II is best mixed with 2ml of bact water.* Yes, sterile water can be rough.* Your math looks correct, I double check at peptidecalculator.com

"
    2. A 29 or 30 gauge/0.5'' needle/1 ml syringe should be used. Preferably one with interchangeable needles. And it's important to change the needle for every injection."
    Yes, but without interchangeable needles.* Dispose of syringes after each use.*

"
    3. Everyone, male or female, big or small, should start with a 0.25 mg dose. You then increase your dosage by 0.25 mg/day until you have reached your desired result, obviously depending on the side effects you might lessen the dosage or inject less frequently, but not surpassing 1-1.5 mg per dose! (per day)
    Once you are as dark as you want to be, you then do the "maintenance" which is 2 injections/week of 1 mg. Per dose."
    Yes, best to start with .25mg (250mcg) for the first MT-II dose.* Increasing the dose slowly as well as inject lower doses more frequently benefit users who find they are sensitive to the peptide.* Some have no issue dosing 1-2mg a dose, but they are in the minority.* Maintaining your tan comes with experiences and blends phototherapy and dosing.* Being patient and listening to the body is generally good advice thrown around - obviously you can tan at a rapid rate on MT-2, there are horror stories out there...best to go slow with your skin.* People look foolish on melanotan peptides often....

"Please let me know if what I have learned and read is in fact true. Also, one question I do have, is why do single vials of melanotan II come in 10 mg, and one single vial of bacteriostatic water come in 30 ml? If the above melanotan]"
    30ml of bact water goes a long way if you are just an MT-2 user.* 30ml would last me 15 vials of Melanotan 2 as I recommend using 2ml to mix each vial

Hope that helps, please let me know of any follow up questions!
  3. #3 22nd February 2011 
    Thanks

Thank you so much for your quick response!! I meant to put 7 vials earlier, not 75 lol.. But anyway.. Ok so I guess what I'm confused on is how to exactly mix the peptide with the water.. It sounds like I can't just take 2 ml of water and inject it into the 10 mg vial of MT-2 .... But I'm not sure...
    Can I do that and inject what I need going at a slow pace to make sure my body reacts well or do I have to somehow extract some of the MT-2 and water and mix certain amounts?... I don't think that's how to do it.. That wouldnt make sense.. Sorry... I need guidance. :/ thanks so much for your help Chris. I really appreciate you!!
  4. #4 22nd February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm new to melanotan II and I need help

"
    Thank you so much for your quick response!! I meant to put 7 vials earlier, not 75 lol.. But anyway.. Ok so I guess what I'm confused on is how to exactly mix the peptide with the water.. It sounds like I can't just take 2 ml of water and inject it into the 10 mg vial of MT-2 .... But I'm not sure...
    Can I do that and inject what I need going at a slow pace to make sure my body reacts well or do I have to somehow extract some of the MT-2 and water and mix certain amounts?... I don't think that's how to do it.. That wouldnt make sense.. Sorry... I need guidance. ]"
    Peptide-guide shows the reconstitution procedure for a similar peptide - hopeful it helps
  5. #5 23rd February 2011 
    Thanks

Wow, ok . You are amazing. That video makes so much more sense now! Ok, so I do exactly that, except I'll mix 2 ml of water per 10 mg of MT-2 and only inject .25 at a time gradually going up until around 1 ml for me probably cause I'm a small girl and am not interested in turning black. so once I'm where I wanna be, just do the maintenance which is about twice a week or so with like 1 ml? Right? What about if someone else wants to try it? I have a couple friends that might end up sharing this with me, so if they wanna do it too, what would you recommend for their dosage? Would it basically be the same guidelines but just depend on their size and desired darkness? But no matter what, the solution ratio that you inject will always be 10 mg of MT-2 per 2 ml of bacteriostatic water, right? The only thing that would ever change in the equation is how much or how frequent the injection, right? Sorry I have all these questions.. I just wanna make sure I know what I'm doing. This should be my last time to bother you. Lol. I think I'm getting it finally.
  6. #6 23rd February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm new to melanotan II and I need yalls help

"
    Wow, ok . You are amazing. That video makes so much more sense now! Ok, so I do exactly that, except I'll mix 2 ml of water per 10 mg of MT-2 and only inject .25 at a time gradually going up until around 1 ml for me probably cause I'm a small girl and am not interested in turning black. so once I'm where I wanna be, just do the maintenance which is about twice a week or so with like 1 ml? Right? What about if someone else wants to try it? I have a couple friends that might end up sharing this with me, so if they wanna do it too, what would you recommend for their dosage? Would it basically be the same guidelines but just depend on their size and desired darkness? But no matter what, the solution ratio that you inject will always be 10 mg of MT-2 per 2 ml of bacteriostatic water, right? The only thing that would ever change in the equation is how much or how frequent the injection, right? Sorry I have all these questions.. I just wanna make sure I know what I'm doing. This should be my last time to bother you. Lol. ]"
    Happy it helped!* Keep your mg and ml correct, definitely want your skin to have a beautiful glow with the right melanin balance* ;D*
    The game comes when you achieve your color, understand how much UV exposure does what to your individual skin (and 3-4 days after UV exposure you will continue to darken), listen to your body and inject additional MT-2 accordingly - mouthful of gibberish isnt it?* Youre right and well informed.* It can take a handful of vials to experiment and tan your skin, then a vial can be stretched (used to maintain) for months...then you can come off for months...then it is back to MT-2 when you want to start over (or cycle it...if that makes sense).* All this can be done gradually and with patience or impatience if one desires.*
    It would be an awful time to have anything to do with friends usage, I would send them off on their own to read/research.* Each melanotan user essentially needs to become an expert as for every side effect, there is a counter/understanding/strategy to overcome.* Beyond size and desired darkness genetics play a HUGE role...skin type and melanocortin systems vary greatly.* Most melanotan users fail (just a rough estimate or guess of mine) because the side effects are true.* If you are not a candidate for MT-2 (maybe are a candidate for MT-1), you will easily look foolish.* If you take too much for your own sensitivity, you will be sick, and probably look foolish.* If you are careless when it comes to the photo-therapy, you will look foolish.* If you do not understand or have an educated guess on what your skin will look like when melanin fills your canvas, you will likely freak out.* The list could go on....* Absolutely not a bother to me!* Best to learn from others, happy to pass along my mistakes any chance I get~!*
    The dumbest guide out there is a page worth referencing, how to use melanotan 2 guide
    However much water you would like to reconstitute is your preference.* You could choose to use .5ml to mix MT-2 - however you will have a super concentrated mixture that will be difficult to get a precise measurement and lastly will waste more product in the vial when discarded.* All things considered, 2ml is what I advise for either 10mg or 5mg Melanotan II, yes
    Please keep the questions coming!
  7. #7 23rd February 2011 
    Thanks

Ok cool.. I got ya. So as far as the syringe size goes, does it have to be exactly what we talked about earlier?*
  8. #8 23rd February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Ok cool.. I got ya. So as far as the syringe size goes, does it have to be exactly what we talked about earlier?* *
    "
    There are not absolutes...of course any syringe can work.* I prefer 1/2" 29 or 30 gauge 100iu insulin pins - Not checking the pharmacist last night I received 50iu (1/2cc) pins..which irritates me, but it works.* Work with whatcha got* 8)'
    Very happy you are asking questions Cracker
  9. #9 24th February 2011 
    Thanks

Ok. Awesome . Haha that's so funny you called me cracker! Well I definitely appreciate all your help! For sure!! I placed my order, so pretty soon here I'm gonna see what all this tanning stuff is about! Lol. I'm excited!
  10. #10 24th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Ok. Awesome . Haha that's so funny you called me cracker! Well I definitely appreciate all your help! For sure!! I placed my order, so pretty soon here I'm gonna see what all this tanning stuff is about! Lol. I'm excited!
    "

haha, great!* While you wait, any details about your skin and your game plan?* Have you seen any before/afters that resemble you (or your potential rather)?
  11. #11 25th February 2011 
    Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by details about my skin and my game plan... All I know is I'm cracker white now and I wanna get darker! Not snooki dark, but I'm a white girl.. I just wanna get a real pretty exotic bronze color. And I have long blonde hair so I think it will look pretty.
  12. #12 25th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I'm not sure what you mean by details about my skin and my game plan... All I know is I'm cracker white now and I wanna get darker! Not snooki dark, but I'm a white girl.. I just wanna get a real pretty exotic bronze color. And I have long blonde hair so I think it will look pretty.
    "

Beautiful. *Having blond hair with a super-physiologic tan makes me wear colors I am not able to otherwise (wearing black is my favorite with blond hair and dark five o'clock shadow).*
    Does your skin have freckles? *Any you are aware of on your face? *Just little things to be aware of going into the experiment ]While working on your tan, you might want to protect your face a bit extra if you have any sun damage (beauty marks from childhood can come out from nowhere), fyi!* Same goes for scars, cuts, tattoos

How much MT-2 are you planning on using? *My guess is you may need ~30mg and a couple months time - what are your thoughts/goals as far as time frame?

Week one you should see nothing/minimal, week 2 is likely the worst (makes folks nervous when freckles/moles have extra dark melanin), weeks 3-4 you can see the direction your tone is headed. *month two can dial in your tan hopefully setting yourself up for a break from the needles. * Dont mind me, just airing thought and talking to myself *
  13. #13 26th February 2011 
    Thanks

I love black too! And red looks good also! I have a little bit of freckles but you have to look real hard to see them. Will I be a freckle face?! Or will it even out and be pretty color all over eventually? So I should use sunblock everyday on my face, right? I plan on using what we talked about.. .25 per injection and slowly increasing it.. I guess.. Does that sound ok? I want to take this experiment as slow as I need for the best results possible! What would you recommend? And don't apologize.. I'm happy I have support! I really appreciate you!
  14. #14 26th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I love black too! And red looks good also! I have a little bit of freckles but you have to look real hard to see them. Will I be a freckle face?! Or will it even out and be pretty color all over eventually? So I should use sunblock everyday on my face, right? I plan on using what we talked about.. .25 per injection and slowly increasing it.. I guess.. Does that sound ok? I want to take this experiment as slow as I need for the best results possible! What would you recommend? And don't apologize.. I'm happy I have support! I really appreciate you!
    "
    I think you will be ready for whatever comes at you, happy excited to hear your story - hope you check in.* Likely one of those freckles that you have to look very hard to see now will come out of the woodwork...one may fill up - it may catch you off guard.* Something to be prepared for...but in all likelihood, you wont have a problem.* I dont remember ever having pigmentation issues on my face ever.* In the beginning I recall noticing some freckles on my arms and legs get real dark.* Eventually my tone blended so well that I dont have a noticeable birth mark (totally weird still to me...my tone is now the color of a birth mark...whole body).* I do remember not taking the cover you face in the sun bed rule seriously and I got some dark circles under my eyes (looked weird for a day, maybe two)
  15. #15 26th February 2011 
    Thanks

What do you mean by " one may fill up?" that does not sound pretty.. How long did it take for the tone to blend evenly? What would you recommend me take dosage wise? I am about 5'4 120 lbs. Pretty fair complected, what else do you need to know?
  16. #16 26th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    What do you mean by " one may fill up?" that does not sound pretty.. How long did it take for the tone to blend evenly? What would you recommend me take dosage wise? I am about 5'4 120 lbs. Pretty fair complected, what else do you need to know?
    "
    The melanin density in your freckles will increase, making your freckles darker a lot faster than the rest of the skin.* It is hard to describe and it is not that it isnt pretty...but it is sometimes reported that it can briefly make the skin look "dirty."* Hard to put into words...or paint a picture.* Often when somebody tries to photograph the "dirty" look it is hard to photo and the passion subsides - it is a head trip seeing your skin change colors - and when the freckles take to the melanocyte stimulation first....can be strange, that's all.*

Sorry for the wildcard word of caution...just something to be aware of while listening to your body
  17. #17 26th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Another thing to know is your teeth may look whiter against your new darker skin tone...* Leave it on a positive note*
  18. #18 27th February 2011 
    Thanks

Ok. I'm not too worried about it.. I'm excited to get it going though! Should be here any day now! So... I was talk in to a friend today that's wants to do it too but her only problem is she's got trouble skin.. A little bit of acne and old acne scars. She is actually going in for treatment soon. She's getting a chemical peel and pixel resurfacing... I think that's what it's called... Pixel something.. Laser pixel? Anyway, I told her she should probably wait till all that is done before she gets on MT. Do you agree or should she be fine?
  19. #19 27th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Ok. I'm not too worried about it.. I'm excited to get it going though! Should be here any day now! So... I was talk in to a friend today that's wants to do it too but her only problem is she's got trouble skin.. A little bit of acne and old acne scars. She is actually going in for treatment soon. She's getting a chemical peel and pixel resurfacing... I think that's what it's called... Pixel something.. Laser pixel? Anyway, I told her she should probably wait till all that is done before she gets on MT. Do you agree or should she be fine?
    "
    Youre right, I agree.* Sounds like she will need some time before peptides usage.* I know Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing can be serious business...I am no expert...a peel and resurfacing could me minor - still I imagine she would want time between treatments.* If she decides Melanotan is what she wants, she may look to MT-1 first as it is more forgiving and yields less results.*
  20. #20 27th February 2011 
    Thanks

Ok, I figured.. I think she's just gonna wait.. Thanks for your input.