• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 14th February 2011 
    Thanks

Are These Melanotan MT2 Side-Effects Normal?

I did my research and read all about the darkening of freckles and moles, nausea, constant boner and other sides that some people have experienced when using MT2 and after some consideration decided I would give it a try. I purchased 3 10mg bottles of MT2 from AO and started the loading phase on Wed 2/2. My first injection was 250mcg just to see how my body reacted to it and I experienced absolutely no sides. I then upped the dosage to 1mg/ED (split into 2 injections). I did this for 5-days and even at this dose I experienced absolutely no sides except constant wood...no nausea after injection, no flushed face, no darkening of freckles/moles...as a matter of fact if it weren't for the constant boners I would have thought there was something wrong with the product. I did an 8-minute tanning session on day-3 and another on day-5. Up to that point I really didn't notice anything except a few darkening freckles after the second tanning session.

On day 6 & 7 I decided to up the dosage to 1.25mg/ED and on day 8 I upped the dosage again to 1.5mg/ED and kept it there for 3-days. I did a third tanning session on Thur 2/10 and that's when I experienced a noticeable difference in my color, however I also experienced two very concerning and unwanted side effects that I had never read about before. After the third tanning session I developed very dark circles around my eyes and my lips turned almost a dark purplish color. These side effects were so dramatic that family and friends immediately noticed them and made comments and these are all people who have seen me on a daily basis since I started the MT2. This freaked me out and I stopped taking the MT2 yesterday (I took a full 1.5mg dose on Friday).

Has anybody ever experienced or heard of these side effects before and if so did they subside and how long did it take? I look like a friggin sick raccoon at the moment ]
    BTW I would say I am a skin type 2 or 3. I am fair skinned and do tan after a while, however if I jump right in a tanning bed/booth for the full time or go out in the sun with no base tan I do burn.
  2. #2 14th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Are Melanotan MT2 Sides Normal

Absolutely critical to cover the face during tanning.* The entire face gets multiple layers of towels when I go into a bed.* Sorry to hear of the lack of help & research in the phototherapy dept.* Your experience is entirely normal and unfortunately not discussed enough.* You are at the freak out and quit part, that is for sure.* Melanotan loses many at your point in the game.* Best advice I could give is to ween yourself off and dramatically moderate your exposure to light.* Protect yourself with high spf, and take care of yours skin best you know how.* Your dose was very aggressive (as well as your exposure).* Forward 250mcg doses are enough.* Only reason to dose higher will be your recreational (or use PT-141...) needs.* Welcome BeanTown, hope that helps and others can share their melanotan story.
  3. #3 15th February 2011 
    Thanks

Re: Are These MT2 Side Effects Normal???

"
    Absolutely critical to cover the face during tanning.* The entire face gets multiple layers of towels when I go into a bed.* Sorry to hear of the lack of help & research in the phototherapy dept.* Your experience is entirely normal and unfortunately not discussed enough.* You are at the freak out and quit part, that is for sure.* Melanotan loses many at your point in the game.* Best advice I could give is to ween yourself off and dramatically moderate your exposure to light.* Protect yourself with high spf, and take care of yours skin best you know how.* Your dose was very aggressive (as well as your exposure).* Forward 250mcg doses are enough.* Only reason to dose higher will be your recreational (or use PT-141...) needs.* Welcome BeanTown, hope that helps and others can share their advice!
    "

Chris, thanks for the reply. I have a quick question regarding what you said about covering the face. If you do this every time you go tanning while you are taking MT2 then how does your face get color? Doesn't the face need some UV exposure to tan? Based on what you said it sounds like you always cover the face and if you do this I am not sure how you would achieve any color there? Does just taking the MT2 give the face color without any UV exposure?
  4. #4 15th February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: These MT-2 Side Effects?

"
    Chris, thanks for the reply. I have a quick question regarding what you said about covering the face. If you do this every time you go tanning while you are taking MT2 then how does your face get color? Doesn't the face need some UV exposure to tan? Based on what you said it sounds like you always cover the face and if you do this I am not sure how you would achieve any color there? Does just taking the MT2 give the face color without any UV exposure?
    "
    I keep it to a minimum... Of course I get small amounts of UV...but I do my best to keep it under control.* The time I recall tanning my face in a bed I got VERY dark - do not advise it.* Learn from the mistakes of others!*