• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 11th January 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Melanotan II and Acne

Melanocortin-5 receptor and sebogenesis

Abstract
    The melanocortins (?-MSH, ?-MSH, ?-MSH, and ACTH) bind to the melanocortin receptors and signal through increases in cyclic adenosine monophosphate to induce biological effects. Melanocortin MC5 and MC1 receptors are expressed in human sebaceous glands, which produce sebum, a lipid mixture of squalene, wax esters, triglycerides, cholesterol esters, and free fatty acids that is secreted onto the skin. Excessive sebum production is one of the major factors in the pathogenesis of acne. The expression of melanocortin MC5 receptor has been associated with sebocyte differentiation and sebum production. Sebaceous lipids are down-regulated in melanocortin MC5 receptor-deficient mice, consistent with the observation that ?-MSH acts as a sebotropic hormone in rodents. These findings, which suggest that melanocortins stimulate sebaceous lipid production through the MC5 receptor, led to our search for MC5 receptor antagonists as potential sebum-suppressive agents. As predicted, an antagonist was shown to inhibit sebocyte differentiation in vitro, and to reduce sebum production in human skin transplanted onto immunodeficient mice. Possibly, melanocortin MC5 receptor antagonists may prove to be clinically useful for the treatment of sebaceous disorders with excessive sebum production, such as acne.

Too much MT-II: Further reason to dose MT2 low, keep your face clean, shaved and free from a higher probability of ingrown hairs and acne from Melanotan II.
  2. #2 3rd February 2011 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan II and Acne

I have been using MT2 for 1.5 weeks now. I don't usually get acne, just the odd zit here and there, but I have noticed that now my skin is 100% clear and even toned! My boyfriend battles with acne and MT2 has improved his complexion as well. I have always moisturized my skin in the am and pm and after a bath or shower and have never experienced dry skin, but I do notice my skin seems to be a lot more thirsty for moisture since using MT2.
  3. #3 3rd February 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I have been using MT2 for 1.5 weeks now. I don't usually get acne, just the odd zit here and there, but I have noticed that now my skin is 100% clear and even toned!
    "
    That's great!* Have you had to consciously tan, cover, and protect different areas of your body to achieve the even tone cupcakes?* Or do you think you are blessed and just a solid candidate for successful use?*
    When I use MT-2 I have to cover my face while in a solarium, use sunscreen on my face and arms when in the sun (also put sunscreen on tattoos and scars - if covering up is not an option) and spend time getting UV rays on the lagging areas (legs, stomach, etc - areas in which my melanocyte activity has been statistically less over my lifetime).* Can you share your secret so far?* Love hearing tricks of the trade or thoughts on this subject!* 8)
  4. #4 3rd February 2011 
    Thanks

I haven't had to do much in the way of covering or sunscreen. It is winter here so I don't get sun outside, but I have used the tanning beds a few times. When I go tanning I put really high SPF sunscreen on my lips so they don't get darker but that is it. I am starting to notice that my stomach is darker than my arms and legs, but not super noticeable. I am really happy with how dark my legs are getting! They have never ever tanned like the rest of my body (i heard it is because of removal of skin cells when you shave).. But with MT2 they are nice and brown!!*