• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 8th December 2010 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Regarding Moles, Freckles and Spots

Do new moles appear?* Existing ones darken?* Common question from melanotan peptide researchers.*

If I try Melanotan 2 and freckles become darker, will it be permanent or does it subside?*

Answer is that it varies between people.* Safe to generally say that both existing moles darken and new moles appear (those genetically prone).*

Seasoned users acclimate to the product, use less and the product goes further for them.* Initially using Melanotan 2 in order to tan is a drastic feat/accomplishment for those with low and/or lacking melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) - ie. the fair skinned who cannot tan naturally.* Achieving a tan in a low skin type individual via synthetic MSH (Melanotan 2 or MT-II), like aging, will show white spots, pale spots, etc when the skin darkens.*

First time melanotan peptide users have unique experiences, unlike their later trails.* Effects from MT-II can be very long lasting, making comparison difficult.* Initial exposure to the peptide is dramatic.* The lower the skin type, the more drastic the results.* More complications and unknowns are prevalent when skin type III users choose to experiment with Melanotan.

New moles disappear, existing ones lighten.* Waiting longer and being patient are advisable traits for a Melanotan 2 review/critique.* Always need to have a plan with peptides - which is often adjustable around the lifestyle.* People like results and Melanotan 2 delivers...so WATCH OUT.* There are horror stories out there (and they are not to be encouraged).

Worst case scenario is when a user doses high with erratic UV exposure.* The Melanotan peptides ARE miracle workers!* They are to be respected!* Dosing without regard for skin type results in disaster more often than not.* Users must be proactive.* Sun damage and the skin are extremely individual.* A successful user will need to be in tune with their body, and hopefully have a level of expertise/understanding of MT-II and the melanocortin system.

First time users (more often than not) have a lot of sun damage changes that they note.* Moles come out of the woodwork and the ones present fill with melanin.* Same applies for freckles....* The skin will indeed become very dark after going through the phases of dosing, tanning, etc.* Experienced users continue forward lowering the dose to control tanning, pigmentation, libido, diet, and sides which come with the Melanotan 2 territory.* Read about escalating dosage and taking advantage of melanotropic sensitivity.

Melanotan 2 moles generally are not new at all and they will fade back when tanning and Melanotan are discontinued.* In some ways Melanotan peptides reveal the landscape of the skin...for better or worse.* Terrain you may not have ever been aware of without the peptide usage....*
  2. #2 29th January 2011 
    Thanks

Re: Regarding Moles, Freckles and Spots

I have been taking MT2 for a week now. I tanned 2 times the week before I started it, and after the 3rd inj. of approx .53mg I was darker. I increased dosage to 1mg over the past 2 injections and tanned once last week after I started MT2 and I am getting really dark.

Before MT2, I had a few dark (very small) moles on my body in random places and after 4 days of taking MT2 I have at least 20 on each arm, 10 on each leg and at least 30 on my trunk. I have about 10 new small dark moles on my face as well. I was concerned and went to a doctor. I explained I was taking MT2 and that I knew it was risky as it is not FDA/Health Canada approved, but wanted his advice. He was really interested in MT2 and had never heard of it. He said he would follow me during my course of taking MT2 and he is going to research it himself and figure out exactly how it works in the body so he can get me to do a regime of blood work to make sure it isn't adversely effecting any of my body systems. As for the moles. He believes The moles would have shown up regardless, but thinks that the MT2 just sped up the process.
  3. #3 29th January 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    He believes The moles would have shown up regardless, but thinks that the MT2 just sped up the process.
    "
    Sounds like a good doctor, thanks for posting & welcome cupcakes!*

If I could make a couple suggestions, there is no reason to increase the dosage.* If you are comfortable with injecting more frequently with a lower dose (approx 150mcg) you may have better luck transitioning.* The dark and new moles really jump off the page for you now...hopefully your concerns will lessen with a new strategy.* Can you share any details in regards to your skin type and time spent tanning?* Dosing lower and controlling the uv rays are critical.* The worst is definitely behind you however, going forward I wish you the best of luck & please keep us posted on your success* 8)
  4. #4 31st January 2011 
    Thanks

Hi Chris.

I am guessing my skin type is probably a 2. I am naturally really light skinned and from what I remember I will get burned in the sun without a previous tan or sunscreen. I am 27 and I have been using tanning beds since I was 20. The usage was minimal to medium for the first 3 years, and for the past 5 years the usage has been moderate. I haven't had a sunburn in the past 7 years, I believe because I have always had a tan. So that is why I can only guess I am a 2. I tan very very easily and very quickly.

The site that I purchased my MT2 from suggested that for my body weight I should be taking 1.25mg per day. My bf and I were so confused because when I calculated it out, I was to add about 4ml bacteriostatic water to the 10mg vial of MT2, but only 3.6ml would fit!! Its weird because different body weights were suggested to add 6ml, and it just isn't possible! So I just started injecting approx .53mg per day and my bf .80mg per day. The 2nd vial we started using last Friday, I added 1ml of bacteriostatic water so that the math would be easy. 1st vial we'd have to inject about 30 units to get the amount of drug we wanted, and now we only have to inject 10units which I find way way better and the skin around the injection site doesn't feel sore at all the next day.

All I can say is thank god we started with low doses because the side effects hit us hard for the first 2 days.

Thanks so much for this site!! I tried to find info before we started taking MT2 and I wish I found this sooner.
  5. #5 31st January 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Hi Chris.

I am guessing my skin type is probably a 2. I am naturally really light skinned and from what I remember I will get burned in the sun without a previous tan or sunscreen. I am 27 and I have been using tanning beds since I was 20. The usage was minimal to medium for the first 3 years, and for the past 5 years the usage has been moderate. I haven't had a sunburn in the past 7 years, I believe because I have always had a tan. So that is why I can only guess I am a 2. I tan very very easily and very quickly.

The site that I purchased my MT2 from suggested that for my body weight I should be taking 1.25mg per day. My bf and I were so confused because when I calculated it out, I was to add about 4ml bacteriostatic water to the 10mg vial of MT2, but only 3.6ml would fit!! Its weird because different body weights were suggested to add 6ml, and it just isn't possible! So I just started injecting approx .53mg per day and my bf .80mg per day. The 2nd vial we started using last Friday, I added 1ml of bacteriostatic water so that the math would be easy. 1st vial we'd have to inject about 30 units to get the amount of drug we wanted, and now we only have to inject 10units which I find way way better and the skin around the injection site doesn't feel sore at all the next day.

All I can say is thank god we started with low doses because the side effects hit us hard for the first 2 days.

Thanks so much for this site!! I tried to find info before we started taking MT2 and I wish I found this sooner.
    "
    Dosage recommendations can certainly be confusing.* To think our sensitivity to melanotropins correlates with body weight is silly imho.* Peptide Calculator is a tool which helps with the Melanotan peptide math.* Most MT2 vials are the small 2ml size.* 2.5ml maxes those vials out and leaves little room for vacuum - 2ml is generally the most you are able to reconstitute with in the original vial.* If further dilution is what you are after, sterile vials can be purchased...most do not do that however.* Great to see the approach you and your other half used!* I like reconstituting with an amount that makes math and injection easy as well, .1ml/10iu is the sweet spot* 8)
    Thanks again for sharing
    Any questions or thought you have, please air them!