• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 5th April 2012 
    Thanks

New at this-Dosing ?

I am sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it. I just received all of my products and have no idea how to read the insulin needles that I ordered.* They are the "Easy Touch U-100" needles but they say 3/10 cc* ml and have the number 5 up to the number 30 with 10 individual lines in between each number. I have three 10 mg vials of MT-II and two 30ml vials of Bacteriostatic water.* Everything I have read says to reconstitute the MT-II with 2ml of B. water. So, I don't know how to convert, read my needle marks to give the right measurement to reconstitute or to measure how much I need to start my loading phase. Sorry if my question is like so many others. I thought it would be easy to figure out once I received the needles. Thanks for any help out there.* I am a type II, blonde hair, Blue eyes and do eventually tan.
  2. #2 5th April 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: New at this-Dosing ?

Welcome blondegirl, thanks for inquiring - hopeful I can help explain/share strategy with products received.* difficult when you receive a wildcard

3/10th easy touch insulin syringes are small 30 unit pins best for accurate measurement

it's much easier/quicker to reconstitute 10mg MT-II with a 100iu or 1ml insulin syringe (or a 3ml regular syringe) - two 100 unit bacteriostatic syringe draws dilutes the potent melanocyte stimulating hormone analog (as compared to injecting ~seven syringe fulls of the 3/10th...)

60ml of bact water should have you set beyond your 30mg MT-II...only 6ml should be needed

peptidecalculator.com has a reconstitution tool that helps clarify #s...has a drop down option for the 30 unit syringes.* .3 syringes, 10mg mt-2, 2ml bact water, 250mcg dosage = 5 units

basically without too much math/etc, dilute the MT-II as much as possible and dose as little as possible (as to not experience undesired side effects)

initially inject 1-2 units - dosing too much right away can create a gnarly histamine response => nausea, lethargy, headache, flush....avoid all/most potential side effects by desensitizing first and work up - dose multiple times per day or at least daily to get accustomed

the mt2 peptides last minutes to an hour, hour +half (estimates...)...best tanning protocol is to dose (for example) 200mcg before tanning (no rush, results with melanotropin analogs take time and patience) and 200mcg after tanning (2x/day).* because of your skin type II advantages, maybe stick to daily dosing at most - MT-II is highly potent - good luck!
  3. #3 5th April 2012 
    Thanks

Thank you for your quick reply, Just to clarify....I would need to fill my syringe 6 times to the 30 mark and one time to the 20 to equal 2ml. My syringe has the numbers 5, 10 ,15, 20, 25, 30 are each of those numbers the unit # (5=5 units, 10=10 units)? So a .25mg dosage would mean I fill the syringe to half of the 5 mark? Is that a good place to start? Sorry to be a pain, I just want to make sure I have this right before I begin. Thanks!
  4. #4 5th April 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thank you for your quick reply, Just to clarify....I would need to fill my syringe 6 times to the 30 mark and one time to the 20 to equal 2ml. My syringe has the numbers 5, 10 ,15, 20, 25, 30 are each of those numbers the unit # (5=5 units, 10=10 units)? So a .25mg dosage would mean I fill the syringe to half of the 5 mark? Is that a good place to start? Sorry to be a pain, I just want to make sure I have this right before I begin. Thanks!
    "
    Yes ma'am, you're right - thank you!
  5. #5 6th April 2012 
    Thanks

Thank you. Ok, I have more questions. After I fill the syringe with the right dose, do I need to bring it to room temp before I inject? Will my blonde hair darken?* I have seen some posts that say redheads go darker. I am also having revision surgery in the next couple of weeks on my abdomen through the same scar under local anesthetic. Can I still begin taking MTII? Thanks again!

6. #6 7th April 2012 
    Thanks

Hello!* The local anesthetic won't interfere with the MT II.* But no fear, you can skip a day or two, it will not disappear so quickly.

Also, you do have the right skin tone to start off at 250mcgs.* However, if you do have bad sides, you can always drop to 100mcgs 3x.week and then go to a tanning bed for 10 minutes to build that tolerance.* I had to.* Chick member here.* First time I used it, I dosed too much.* Turned fire red.* Slight nausea.* I don't really get nausea from it, just the really bad flushing and 4-5 hours later, I wake up with a raging libido.

I had to switch my protocol to the afternoon/morning before I started my day.* By that time I was at 250mcgs.* But I also dilute mine with 3mls of Bac H2o.* No reason, was easier for me to dose with a regular slin pin.* I have dark brown hair and green eyes.* Some times I MAY burn a little.* However, knowing I would get some unwanted sides if I started too high?* That's why I kept it at 100mcgs, built the tolerance, tanned after a whole week in my system, and went up to the 250mcgs.* Then it was smooth sailing.

Good luck with the 250.* If you notice you freckle like you usually don't, drop it down to the 100mcgs.* peptidecalculator.com and see how to dose on your slin pins.* You may want to think about dropping it to the 100mcgs for a week or so.* Might be too much too quickly.* I learned from my mistakes.* Not because I am a rocket scientist when it comes from MT II.* Only because I have ran for so long and so many cycles.
  7. #7 8th April 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Thank you. Ok, I have more questions. After I fill the syringe with the right dose, do I need to bring it to room temp before I inject? Will my blonde hair darken?* I have seen some posts that say redheads go darker. I am also having revision surgery in the next couple of weeks on my abdomen through the same scar under local anesthetic. Can I still begin taking MTII? Thanks again!
    "
    Great questions. No need to wait or bring the syringe to room temp prior to injection (only if froozen) - from the fridge the chill is n/a when injectioning - won't be harmful

My blonde hair does not darken. As a man, the only darkening from MT-2 is reflected within facial hair (no change on head or body). Some posts make claims...yet often do not add up imho (odds are very small that melanotan use will change hair color significantly).

With upcoming surgery, be sure and keep the Mt2 doses small (if any) - I would cease melanotan use ~1-2 weeks before (and especially afterward) to allow for proper healing
  8. #8 10th April 2012 
    Thanks

Thanks again for the replies. You have been very helpful.* I started dosing friday night before I went to bed. For the last 4 nights I have dosed at 125mcgs with no problems/sides at all so far. I wanted to start out slow. I will keep at that dose for a few more days then up it to 200mcgs and start tanning.* I am excited to see the results! I will keep posting my progress.*
  9. #9 23rd April 2012 
    Thanks

What do you guys think is the lowest effective dose?* Obviously we would like to use the least amount possible to give the same beneficial tanning effect.* I am a Type II: I have pale skin with brown hair, brown eyes, and no freckles but do have moles.* I would like to minimize the number of new moles, while providing an even tan.* Is 125mcg the minimum dose?* Or have people been successful with even lower dosages?
  10. #10 23rd April 2012 
    Thanks

I have started my protocol at 100mcgs and stayed there for a week at a dose MWF, then tanned for 10 minutes in a bed and continued that dose for a week.* Used to tan 2x/week for 10 minutes each time.* After awhile it was pretty good and up'd it to 200mcgs.* Play it safe om the tanning bed if you do burn like mentioned with the type II.* You may want to just start off with 8 min. and work up from there.
  11. #11 23rd April 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    What do you guys think is the lowest effective dose?* Obviously we would like to use the least amount possible to give the same beneficial tanning effect.* I am a Type II]"

The few who claim they thrive on ~50-75mcg generally seem sincere...I'd question their math skills/recall at times
    A low effective dose can indeed be 100mcg of Melanotan II (at least a great starting point to go down the right path for best results)
  12. #12 8th May 2012 
    Thanks

Ok, so it has been about a month since I started injecting. I started at 125 mcgs every night for about 14 days, then moved up to 200 mcgs, almost every night (sometimes i would forget) now i am at 500 mcgs.* I have gone to the tanning bed 3-4 times and have only really noticed my freckles getting darker. Do I need to go to the tanning bed more often? When do I stop dosing every night and get on maintenance? Thanks!
  13. #13 11th May 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for updating/sharing - experience sounds par for the course blondegirl
    Any particular expectations or goals you had in mind for month 1?

Have you referenced photos and/or going by the mirror?* Be patient, in another couple weeks (of patience and exposure) I predict desired results will set in* 8)
  14. #14 4th July 2012 
    Thanks

Update: So now i inject about 3 times a week at the 500mcgs which is the 10 hash mark on my syringe.* For a while I was very dark and had to back off. I had strangers coming up to me commenting about my tan. I have to say regarding my moles and freckles, they are very dark.* I have many moles (to begin with) and had freckles come out of nowhere.* I've had my friends come up to me about some of my moles concerned that i need to get them checked out by a dermo. I only go to the tanning bed about once every 2 weeks and other than that basically stay out of the sun and I still have a nice tan.* My only concern are my darker moles. Other than that I am happy with the results. Can anyone comment about their dark moles after melanotan II usage and if you have had a dermotologist look at them?* I am going to schedule my yearly appointment anyway, I always go yearly to have my moles and freckles looked at.* Any thoughts?
  15. #15 5th July 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: New at Melanotan Dosing

"
    Update]"

Thanks for sharing blondegirl. Be appreciative of the love friends show for the darkened pigmentation - soon you can respond with confidence that both you & your derm are aware... do you predict or forecast any of your moles will require removal?

Melanotan use is generally not responsible for abnormal mole growth...darkening the skin via melanocyte stimulating hormones & tanning of course yields darkness - nothing jumps out or sounds alarming to me - best of luck!