• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 13th July 2013 
    Thanks

Sodium Chloride for Melanotan 2

Have not used melonotan 2 in maybe three years. Going to try again, its a great product if used properly that is. Anyway, I have a 10ml mel 2, I would like to inj 125mcg, what would be the best amount of bac water to add? Next question, once reconstituted how long will the peptide be full potency? Should I keep the reconstituted and powder vials in fridge.
    thank you
    mishag
  2. #2 14th July 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: how much bacteriostatic water

"
    Have not used melonotan 2 in maybe three years. Going to try again, its a great product if used properly that is. Anyway, I have a 10ml mel 2, I would like to inj 125mcg, what would be the best amount of bac water to add? Next question, once reconstituted how long will the peptide be full potency? Should I keep the reconstituted and powder vials in fridge.
    thank you
    mishag
    "
    Hey Mishag, thanks for checking in - with 3ml used to reconstitute 10mg MT-2, 2 ticks (~4iu) should equate to 125mcg - melanotan peptides are durable and should easily last 6+ months (at full potency) - yes, storing in the fridge is best practice (although not entirely necessary)
  3. #3 21st July 2013 
    Thanks

Re: how much bac water and storage

hey melanotan, thank you for the reply. Only thing is my syringes are 1/2cc so to get 125mcg with 3ml of bac water will be 4ticks (4iu) each tick is 33mg so roughly 132mcg of peptide correct?
    thank you, mishag23.
  4. #4 22nd July 2013 
    Thanks

Re: how much bac water and storage

Also one more thing I have sterile water for injection USP, not bacteriostatic water, is it the same thing and can I use that instead to mix the solution?
  5. #5 22nd July 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: how much sterile water and storage

"
    Also one more thing I have sterile water for injection USP, not bacteriostatic water, is it the same thing and can I use that instead to mix the solution?
    "
    Sterile water is an unfortunate option for melanotan peptides (imho). Only method of utilizing an entire 10mg vial would be to pre-load and freeze syringes... Otherwise the sterile water will not only hurt (upon administration), the product will not preserve (prevent bacteria growth).
  6. #6 24th July 2013 
    Thanks

Sodium Chloride for Melanotan 2

Hey Chris, I couldn't find any bacteriostatic water I know you said not to use sterile water. Anyway, I got sodium chloride 0.9%. Its 10ml bottle, per ml has 9mg of sodium chloride. I added 3ml of that to 10mg mel2 to use 125mcg which is two ticks(4iu) on a 100 unit slin pin. Will the sodium degrade the mel2? Also, should I store the sodium chloride water also in the fridge or room temp is okay for that. Thank You, mishag23
  7. #7 25th July 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: sodium chloride for mel2

Sterile water and salt water (sodium chloride) are about equal, use w/ melanotan peptides only in worst-case scenario (certainly do not improperly store product). Compared to the 1 year+ shelf life when reconstituted with bacteriostatic water (/or bacteriostatic sodium chloride)...diluent w/o benzyl alcohol is intended for (near) immediate use (ie.: TB-500) - Sorry, I cannot answer the question further as I do not have clarity on what's .9% (9mg sodium chloride doesn't make sense) - good luck mishag!
  8. #8 25th July 2013 
    Thanks

Re: sodium chloride for mel2

All right, so I always put the reconstituted vial in the fridge. What I want to know is how long will the product stay effective? What I was referring with the 9mg was that per ml contains 9mg of sodium chloride, so I added 3ml to the 10mg mel 2 and I use 125mcg. What I want to know is that too much sodium chloride to add and will that degrade my mixed vial?
  9. #9 26th July 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Sodium chloride nacl water

Mixed peptide product will be effective for months, no big stress w/ regards to degrading - concern would be preserving the sterility (freezing pre-loaded dosages may be helpful to prevent potential bacteria)
  10. #10 6th August 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Sodium Chloride for Melanotan 2

That's good to know. How about the vial with the sodium chloride in it, the expiry date is in December, can I still use it to mix my other vials that are still in powder form? Also should I keep it at room temp or in the fridge. Can you also give me an idea with how I should handle the bacteriostatic water.

Just an update I have been using sodium chloride with mel2 mix, have no problems with any bacteria so far and its been 3 weeks, I just make sure to always swab the mixed vial and keep it in the fridge.

thank you
    mishag23
  11. #11 6th August 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Bac Sodium Chloride for Melanotan Peptides

Good deal, continue as you are...if there becomes any redness/irritation @ administration site...pitch remainder of vial (unlikely to occur, being over-cautious...). Next vials, see if you cannot locate a 10ml (or 30ml) bacteriostatic sodium chloride (alternatively 30ml bacteriostatic water) - those reconstitution options are ideal imo - fridge will preserve your vials best
    Oldie but goodie, PT141 mixing video (w/ bac nacl)]
  12. #12 23rd August 2013 
    Thanks

Re: Sodium Chloride for Melanotan 2

Hey Chris, with the bacteriostatic water once open, should I also store it in the fridge? How long till it goes bad and I have to get another vial to reconstitute my other melonotan 2 vials.

thank you
    mishag23
  13. #13 24th August 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride - Melanotan

I do recommend storing the bac waters in the fridge alongside the peptides (no deal breaker, the bacteriostatic water is okay on the shelf for 2-3yrs)