• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 31st May 2015 
    Thanks

Is this bacterial contamination or immune response? Bad sides.. [pics]

First off I'd say i'm a type 2... brown hair black facial hair but fairly white skin. usually burn but sometimes get a light tan. Thus far I've successfully ran melanotan 2 for the last four years.. running it in the summer months and taking the rest of the year off. I usually run around .4mg-.6mg every few days and get fairly dark. only usual side I get is flushing and that's it!

this year i've decided to take a lower dose approach seeing as i seem to respond really well. well so far i've injected 4 doses of .2mg every few days over the past 2 weeks and each dose and the side effects this year seem to be hell. i'm getting STRONG flu symptoms for a few days after each dose... head/nose congestion, complete nose stuffyness/runnyness, fatigue, mental fogginess, and DIZZYNESS!. i'm still recovering from my last injection as we speak and it's been about 4 days.

mt2 vial(looks clear?)]

i can't take this i feel like absolute GARBAGE. it's literally giving me the flu. thankfully it doesn't make me nauseous at all. my questions are is there anyway to tell if a vial is comprimised. i've been saving these vials in the freezer the past 2 years and as well as the bacteriostatic water. i thaw both of them each summer and freshly mix it. i've heard bacteriostatic water might lose it properties when frozen but can't be worse than new sodium chloride?

might this response be bacteria, peptide breakdown, super immune response? thinking of switching to MT1 actually... i feel it completely unnecessary lately activating any melanocortin receptors besides MC1R...obviously MT2 is doing more besides just making us tan?

any opinions gladly appreciated!

2. #2 31st May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Is this bacterial contamination or immune response? Bad sides.. [pics]

I'd go with the issue being the bac water, if it's a couple years old, and has undergone repeated freeze-thaw cycles.

How have you been storing it once mixed? Anything short of treating it like normal water and freezing it could lead to a bacterial contamination.

It could also be a dodgy batch, or something else mixed with the vial - however it's unlikely if that's been in the freezer for years too.

Lastly, it could be that there has been something in the vials all along and you've now developed an allergy to the adulterant. It's quite common for an adult who has had no allergic responses to things to develop them suddenly.
    If you feel like guinea pigging you could invest in some antihistamines and give it another whirl.

Alternatively, a new batch of everything, or swapping over to MT1 could be the answer.

Tom
  3. #3 31st May 2015 
    Thanks

Hi and thanks for the reply. I got several vials of MT2 and bacteriostatic together about 3 years ago. I need very little MT2 so it lasts a long time. I keep them both in the freezer until it's time to reconstitute each summer. Once I mix the BW goes right back in the freezer. I'd say it's been rethawed maybe 3 times. After mixing I'm keeping the vial in the fridge. You think this is allowing bacteria contamination? I'm trying to keep a 99% sterile environment as far as disinfecting goes...

I doubt it's a dodgy batch because I've already used 2 vials from the same batch last year without these sides.. and it's still working as far as only 1mg getting me some color.

After I recover (ugh) I'll sacrifice myself to see if antihistamines give any relief although I'd rather not have to take antihistamines everytime I want to use MT2. (What adulterant could give these symptoms?) If I still feel crappy I'm switching to MT1 completely. With these few MT2 injections I've noticed GREATLY increased sebum output. Peptide metabolites prompting enhanced MC5R expression???
  4. #4 31st May 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    After I recover (ugh) I'll sacrifice myself to see if antihistamines give any relief although I'd rather not have to take antihistamines everytime I want to use MT2. (What adulterant could give these symptoms?) If I still feel crappy I'm switching to MT1 completely. With these few MT2 injections I've noticed GREATLY increased sebum output. Peptide metabolites prompting enhanced MC5R expression???
    "

From the sides you're having, it sounds exactly like a reaction to Mannitol.
    Whether this particular vial had more of it, or whether your body is reacting differently is nearly impossible to tell, unless you try another one.

So long as you're maintaining good sterile conditions then it's unlikely to be the water, although you probably should invest in a new bottle for your next run if you decide to do MT1. If you can't get hold of bac water (it's pretty ridiculous to find here in the UK), then you may want to go with sodium chloride and preload and freeze your doses.
  5. #5 31st May 2015 
    Thanks

@bdvince

I remember an article from Norway, where a woman died of blood poisoning after taking impure MT2.

MT2 has undoubtedly some unexpected serious side effects for some users. We take all the risk when we use it.

I would recommend that you take a new vial from your inventory to use, and apply fresh Sodium Chloride or fresh Bac-water.