• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 21st February 2010 
    Thanks

M1 or M2 for a new user?

Hey all,

First off - thanks to Chris for putting this forum together - much appreciated my man! I'm in the investigation phase with Melanotan. Frankly, didn't know much about it till about a month ago. I'm a Type II skin type. I'm not looking to get a dark tan, just want to have a nice medium tan come summer here in the Pacific NW and not be so worried about burning all the time. I'm thinking something that, when coupled with 2-3 times at the salon, will get me to this objective. So I have some beginner q's]
    1. Can I achieve my above goal with M1? And if so, how long in advance to when I want to have my desired tan do I need to start injections. M1 seems like an easier entrance into Melanotan in general.

2. What's the best place(s) to buy from?

3. When you buy, do they give pretty good instructions on how to proceed?* Certainly, this site has a ton of great info, but it seems appropriate that a company selling M1 or M2 would provide instructions as well.

That's it for now -- I look forward to the conversation with you M1/M2 vets and other newbies!

Thanks,
    Micah*

2. #2 21st February 2010 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: M1 or M2 for a new user?

Welcome Micah, always a pleasure to have a dialogue with someone preparing in the right way - much respect
    How did you find out about melanotan btw?* (Referral, news, search?)*
    Forget how I first heard about it, believe it was advertising which first caught my eye.* After seeing a before and after photo I had to know more....* Timing was right for me also cause I had experienced seeing what mystic tan did for my tone - just had to figure out a way to have that look and live the lifestyle I ideally wanted

Do you have any tan at the present moment?* Are you a type II with moles or other sun damage?*
    Melanotan one has the potential to deliver value and be effective.* Any estimate or budget you have in mind Micah?
    Could very well take 50-100mg of melanotan one, time, experimentation, needles, visits to the salon....*

Sounds like your goals and expectations are in line.* Good thing you arent looking to get dark or be a tone unfitting to your type.* Any event this spring/summer that you are preparing for?* Scary when some begin using melanotan for the first time right before weddings, reunions, etc.

If you were to begin taking melanotan one in march, you will likely be working on your tan till mid june - where at that point you may reap the rewards of added photoprotection (not burning on vacation/day at the lake/etc) and tan.* Being patient and listening to your body are key factors for everyone and each users equation is different...as you seem to grasp.* Believe you are correct to say M1 is easier.* The tan will take longer to attain with M1. It is less likely you will have wild increases in pigmentation, side effects....* MT-II sometimes (especially when used/abused...by poor candidates) has horror stories as you can take too much, feel especially like shit, tan incredibly fast and not know what you got yourself into

Ive used many suppliers over the years, only a handful of melanotan one however. The stuff I have used has been good to me.* Watch out for any store with instructions- they should absolutely not be providing them.* It is the end users responsibility to seek out guidance and info.* Look for a melanotan supplier to market their product in a way which is best for everyone.* Those illegally marketing, outsourcing sales & search engine marketing (often india), making false claims...be weary of them.* It is not appropriate, legal or wise to get instructions from a supplier for unlicensed research peptides. Seek out as much perspective from as many sources as possible.* Trusting the bias/ignorance of a seller is just not anything I would advise.
  3. #3 26th February 2010 
    Thanks

Hey Chris,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I found out about Melanotan by googling "melanin injections" because I had heard of such a thing a few years ago and, as usual as I look towards the summer, I was looking into the latest and greatest re]
    I do not have a tan right now - I haven't seen serious sun in months!* I am a Type II, I don't have any moles or previous sun damage.* My body has a split personality when it comes to tanning - my face, chest, and arms have a hard time getting past sun redness, whereas my legs and back can get a fairly deep tan. I have a hard time getting tan in the regular sun, whereas past extended stints at the tanning salon have been much more effective.* That being said, I don't want to spend a ton of time in a salon baking my skin, and I would LOVE to have added protection come summer. Summers here in the Pacific NW are complete sun for 3 months straight - and if Melanotan would allow me to enjoy it more (my allowing a tan to develop just from being outside) that would be frankly life-changing. So, all I want Melanotan for is the late Spring/Summer. I want to have my melanin levels escalated by the time May comes around, at which point I would hit the salon at steadily increasing intervals, and then hopefully just spend some time in the sun once late June/July roll around. I'm not interested in having a year-round tan, but it's interesting to think about* going on some sort of "maintenance" routine with M1 wherein I could have my body "prepped" in case I do a winter tropical holiday or business trip -- it would be great to have a tan ready to kick in once the rays are reintroduced.

I'm not on a budget related to the cost of M1/M2 -- if this gives me a nice base color all over it would be well worth the money just in time and convenience alone.

Thanks a ton for the concise advice on M1 versus M2 - think I'll stick with M1 for now, see how things develop.

Your advice on suppliers makes a ton of sense (now that you've explained it to me* ;D)

I'm pretty excited about this stuff, and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to dial me in -- much much appreciated!!

Best,
    Micah

4. #4 27th February 2010 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am excited for you, keep me posted on your journey!* Here to help anytime
  5. #5 27th February 2010 
    Thanks

Will do Chris -- thanks again for your time!