• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: Side Effects

1. #1 6th April 2011 
    Thanks

Side Effects

Hi All!* I have several questions for you.* I am skin type 1, maybe 2.* White Irish skin with freckles, burn easily, tan not so much.* I have used 2 1/2 vials over the last 6 weeks.* The first startling side effect was a very dark freckle in the middle of my right check. Even with makeup on, it is clearly visible.* Many people have noticed it because all my friends and family know I have had melanoma and I stay out of the sun, so this new development has sparked a lot of conversation. It is still just a freckle though, so while not pretty not really scary.* What DOES scare me is the raised, dark mole I've discovered on my left shoulder.* I will be making an appointment to have it removed ASAP.* The really weird thing is the blotches of color that appeared on my fingers next to the nail beds.* The first time I noticed it I thought I had gotten black marker on my thumb - only it wouldn't wash off.* As the days went by I noticed more dark blotches on more fingers - and the original ones were getting bigger.* This is when I stopped using MT2. The last shot I took was 1 week ago today, the night before I left for Mexico.* I spent 6 days site seeing and swimming and though I used heavy sunscreen I thought exposure to sunlight would still bring on the tan.* I got nothing.* 6 weeks of 1mg shots and all I got were freckles and mysterious black blotches.* Has ANYONE had an experience like this?
  2. #2 6th April 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Side Effects

Welcome Halegirl.* Nothing?* No tan?* Never heard of such a experience... sounds brutal.* Could very well require near double the MT-2 (40-50mg) for your skin type/background.* Sounds like it might be more trouble than it is worth as well.* Let's us know, interested in your story.*
  3. #3 18th April 2011 
    Thanks

Hi Chris.* Now that the panic has subsided I can see that although I didn't get really tan, I was no longer "fishbelly white".* I went to the dermatologist and he said the mole I was worried about was just a keratosis that was harmless. The blotches next to my nails are starting to fade since I have not taken any more MT2.* I still have 2 1/2 bottles left and I was wondering if I could avoid the odd dark blotches by sticking with small doses daily - so the loading phase would take longer, but it would be worth it if I could really get a tan for the summer without the scary side effects.* What do you think?
  4. #4 18th April 2011 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Melanotan II Side Effects

Fantastic, happy to hear the update and that the derm put your mind at ease.* Melanotan II is very tricky and startles the majority of users.*

In order to have success with it you will need to figure out how to balance your tan with your pigmentation, expectations, etc.* If you get too much UV with too much MT-II => dark freckles will be in the mix (high probability).*

Very hard to research, predict and explain the influence Melanotan has on the skin tone.* Obviously it varies so much instructions are near impossible to construct.

Dosing Melanotan II as low as possible in combination with the safest controlled UVR therapy in mind is the route to take.* It is a large commitment and certainly isnt for everyone.*

Consistent micro dosages of Melanotan 2 is currently my strategy.* Difference from my scenario is my five year history of usage.* Getting started has unique challenges everybody faces.* Getting over your dark freckles on your pale skin is a freak out worthy event.* With irish skin...your family is going to know there is a change in you...beyond OTC sunless tanning garbage

Melanotan 2 might not be worth the hassle in your case (thinking out loud).* Melanotan 1 may be something to consider in the back of you mind while researching your plan....* Melanotan One is good for removing the fishbelly white (soul lacking ginger gene) appearance - Afamelanotide is not the best sunscreen (as Melanotan II in fair skinned users is a miracle), but will offer a wonderful natural healthy glowing pigment which is uniquely super-physiologic to you individually.*

I like this old photo to illustrate MT-1 results]

[attachment deleted by admin]
  5. #5 23rd July 2011 
    Thanks

Hey Halesgirl, I have been using melonotan 2 for about a year now, thx to the help of Chris, and yes in the beginning I did get new moles and dark spots, but as time went on of use my body adjusted nicely. Some spots got bigger and stayed, while lots just went away, as I stopped using for abit and went on again, whenever I felt I needed too. My advice just stick with it, and yo will notice the more time goes on with usage, your able to manipulate what the best dosage for you is, and how to achieve that desired tan.

Just a quick update for everyone, I havent been on for a while, just been busy and forgot about blogging for abit, but I dont use it often and I still have a fairly nice colour, now I know if I do a nice week or two prep eod starting with 0.5mg for a week, than 1mg eod the next week. Tan no more than 2x in those two weeks for 6-7min and ill be extremely dark. This is my protocol now, however find what works best for you and see what happens, don't give up.

I was pretty pale, now I'm dark always, nice change for the better me.

mishag