• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 30th August 2009 
    Thanks

Kats Melanotan II Log

I've used Melanotan II before and had pretty good results from it, but the side effects of the black spots were more than I bargained for. They faded away for the most part once I discontinued use. This time around I plan on using a very small dosage of Melanotan II in attempt to cut back on the black spots. I'm pretty tan naturally and since I've stopped going to the beach as much I would just like to maintain the tan that I already have.

I have reconstituted a 10mg vial of Melanotan II with 1mL of bacteriostatic water which yeilds 1mg per 10 units using slin pins.

I'm taking my MT2 at night since I tend to get nauseated and a flushed feeling in my face.

Day 1 I injected only 2.5units of MT2, face got warm and flushed as I expected and I felt a bit queasy so I went to sleep.

Day 2 I skipped taking the MT2 today, not on purpose but I was out for the night and didn't make it home before bed time.

Day 3 I had some issues trying to get to sleep so I didn't take my injection until 4am, once again I took a very small dose of 2.5units.
    * I got terribly nauseated for several hours to the point where I finally decided to take phenergan, an anti-nausea medication. Once it kicked in I felt much better...I'm not sure it was directly because of the MT2, perhaps I'm getting sick. I'll keep you posted.

Day 4 - I did not inject on day 4, as I'm planning to continue with an every other day dosing.

Day 5 - I inject 0.25mg, I had some facial flushing but not as bad as previous days and the nausea was minimal, I'm going to take some pictures next to a white sheet of paper in attempt to give everyone an idea of what I'm starting at and where I will end. Thanks for following.

Day 6 - no injection

Day 7 - I decided to up the dose tonight to .5mg, I experienced some facial flushing and not too much nausea. I think I might continue with this dosage or maybe do .25mg everyday

2. #2 31st August 2009 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Kats Melanotan II Log

Best of luck Kat, let me see if I can touch on a few things.* Definitely want to see a success story*
    "
    I've used Melanotan II before and had pretty good results from it, but the side effects of the black spots were more than I bargained for. "
    Did you get a lot of UV exposure your first go around?* Can you give an idea of what your first trial was like Miss K?

Any particular part of you in particular get the dark spots?* I have a few, but they are on my forearms and calves (luckily nothing on my face).*

One thing to keep in mind about melanotan is that it is for UV protection.* Tanning is a side effect...certainly not an objective that will ever see much approval.* Your tan is controlled by your bodies handling of the a-msh heightened by the peptide. Melanotan is not necessarily going to pigment your skin much on its own (which is why it is generally a poor sunless tan). Melanotan peptides are however going to make your own skin create a tan and therefore protect itself from UV radiation.

When users report areas of their skin which have seen more melanocyte activity (freckles, moles, other blemishes...skin is a large nasty unpredictable organ) turn the darkest, the fastest...it should be expected to some degree.* Did you take any photos last time around?* For years I never took before and afters...still need some work at it myself.* But the times I have, I was very happy and had a better sense of when I needed to scale back

Are you a skin type II btw?

Certainly agree with going slow and low dose while keeping the UV exposure to a minimum.* Should set yourself up for a good transition with an even tone

"
    They faded away for the most part once I discontinued use. This time around I plan on using a very small dosage of Melanotan II in attempt to cut back on the black spots. I'm pretty tan naturally and since I've stopped going to the beach as much I would just like to maintain the tan that I already have."

Happy to hear that, was it about a year?* Less?* Certainly is a rough, sometimes wild transition phase folks go through in their personal melanotan journeys.* I remember my first cycle I was about a vial into my experiment and my lady pointed out some freckles that jumped out...many quit at this point.* The ones who stick it out and stay in tune with their bodies tend to be thankful.* Of course it is all very individual....

A lot of users with success stories out there are achieving them with lower and lower doses.* It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.* I cannot imagine getting an implant as I feel having the power/freedom to dose when I see fit has served me well.* Adjusting on the fly is great imho.* Talk about a nightmare however if you had to visit the doctor each time for a melanotan dose, scary thoughts.*

There have been many melanotan trends which have come and gone in the past 5 years or so.* Hopefully folks will continue to share their stories as it helps so many who see value or have interest in these peptides.

Am I to understand your expectations for this experiment are to strictly maintain the tan you have?* I believe you are doing all the right things at this point.* Im sure you always cover your face and listen to your body

I believe you can maintain some of your color while balancing the pigmentation which can arise.* Such an individual thing though...please continue this log kat!*

"

I have reconstituted a 10mg vial of Melanotan II with 1mL of bacteriostatic water which yeilds 1mg per 10 units using slin pins.

I'm taking my MT2 at night since I tend to get nauseated and a flushed feeling in my face.
    Day 1 I injected only 2.5units of MT2, face got warm and flushed as I expected and I felt a bit queasy so I went to sleep. "
    Do you feel any aphrodisiac properties when taking MT-2?* Would not expect .25mg to yield much, but certainly is enough to feel queasy * How has the .5mg dose treated you?
  3. #3 2nd September 2009 
    Thanks

Hey Chris,

I did have a significant amount of UV exposure my first time around...the black spots were all over my face, chest and arms. I think I over did it a bit with the sun exposure, I was tanning 4 days a week and out on a boat basically every weekend.

I would say I'm a type 3 skin type, rarely burning and always tan.

The 0.5mg is fine, I think I'm over the bad nausea for the most part and no I don't have any aphrodisiac sides, I'm pretty sure only men benefit from that...go figure!

I've been planning on getting some sun exposure to boost my tan a bit but it's been raining here in Florida basically everyday.*
  4. #4 2nd September 2009 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Kat, hope you catch some sun sooner than later.* Report back* 8)
  5. #5 4th September 2009 
    Thanks

I'm starting to get black spots again on my face and arms, and I haven't even been out in the sun yet. I'm going to drop back down to 0.25mg every other day. I hear that the spots can sometimes just be a phase and will go away, even when continuing the usage. I suppose we shall see.

Kat
  6. #6 4th September 2009 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have a slight fear that since you are skin type III the MT-II may be overly effective

If I were a betting man I would still imagine you are on par and the tone will even out if you choose to stay the course

Or another option could be to set aside the MT-II for a linear melanotan peptide (M-I) which is far less efficient and works its magic at a different pace.* Hmmm, I will be thinking about you kat.* Keep us posted as to what you decide to do.* Appreciate reading your informed posts very much!!
  7. #7 20th September 2009 
    Thanks

I have been sticking to the every other day or every 3rd day at 0.5mg and really see a reduction in side effects, just some facial flushing. It has finally stopped raining everyday so I have been able to get a little bit of sun here and there. I feel like it's making a huge difference. I love it!

I am going to look into trying Melanotan I after I finish this. I'll keep every updated, thanks for following.
  8. #8 9th December 2009 
    Thanks

Well I stopped using for a little while, of course I'm not AS dark at the moment, but I plan to start back today...still going low and slow as that is where I experience the best results and fewer sides. I'll keep everyone updated